Recruiting Football Talk VII

According to everything I've ever seen written about that time...General Neyland literally did not give a crap about that game and take it seriously...bowls were truly just exhibitions to him.
Yeah, I’ve read the history of this game and the team was apparently a little…well, they’d enjoyed themselves the night before.

That’s horrible news. I hope they are both okay.🙏

That’s a one strike violation in my opinion. Hopefully the owner is taking care of everything. If not then be careful with witnesses. 😡
They got a citation from Animal Control and it gets quarantined for 10 days. They’re handling all medical bills. Got off way lighter than where my floor was…wife’s a softball fan.

This bs line Charlie Baker is trying to run is asinine.

Edit: Sorry I took down my remarks and just replaced them with this article.

Last edited:
This bs line Charlie Baker is trying to run is asinine. Basically he is saying that many smaller schools will not be able to pay NIL because they don't have the money. They would go bankrupt. Aside from the fact that the schools are not themselves paying NIL (you would think that he would know something about NCAA rules, but apparently not): Why does he think them not paying NIL will destroy amateur athletics? Wouldn't paying them mean exactly that they would not be amateurs? 😂 How uniformed and irrational can he be?

Attempting to apply a spirit of charity in interpreting him, I figure what he must be thinking about is some plan that he has to persuade Washington to force all schools to pay players. That would explain why he is handwringing that some schools can't afford to replace amateurs with paid players. That would be his plan to "save amateurism"?
Maybe the millions that NCAA makes off of student athletes; they can divide some of that coin up amongst the ‘have nots’ so they can pay their players? Makes sense to me. 😏

The NCAA has finally figured it out, no more chips, soft drinks or bottled water to be sent to recruits or their parents hotel room during recruiting. This has been the glaring advantage to many teams. Them chips and water and soft drinks are a incredible advantage. And yes this should be in blue font. The timing of this is so ncaa. GBO!
Don't forget about cookie cakes. Cookie cakes are a huge advantage to schools that can get them for recruits. Schools that can't get cookie cakes are being left in the dust in recruiting.

Biggest difference from 1st game vs TAMU:

Aidoo: 20 mins -> 31 mins

Awaka 12 mins -> 17 mins

Meanwhile, guard minutes decreased.

Exactly what I was hoping we'd find from Game 1 to Game 2 against them - a more niche lineup against a great rebounding and physical team.

We'll face those physical, brute teams come March, so I'm glad we found our lineup to beat them and proved it out.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back