Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Damn, last second goal for Porto against the gunners

Was looking good going home with a draw before that lol
I didn’t get to watch but I don’t see Porto being able to put on that kind of defensive performance at The Emirates like they were able to at home. My bet would be on y’all advancing.

Reactions: MAD
My bad, guys, I kinda quit in the Fantasy League, missed week by accident, got killed. Put in a line-up, got killed, missed another week that started early, got killed, then I said eff it. Sorry, again.

Btw, huge game in the Championship League, today. My Foxes win, it's probably over, unless LC has a monumental collapse. If Leeds win, they will just be 6 points behind.

My bad, guys, I kinda quit in the Fantasy League, missed week by accident, got killed. Put in a line-up, got killed, missed another week that started early, got killed, then I said eff it. Sorry, again.

Btw, huge game in the Championship League, today. My Foxes win, it's probably over, unless LC has a monumental collapse. If Leeds win, they will just be 6 points behind.
FPL does have those weeks where it sneaks up on you. No worries. You can still join in on the cup which hasn’t started yet.

Leicester and Leeds has been super entertaining so far. 1-0 Leicester at the half.

Reactions: The Dog
What a crazy 10 minutes for Leeds. Dropping 3 goals in a short span to get a huge 3 points.

In the end, despite Liverpools injuries they are still a pretty clear favorite here. I have no idea what to expect from my blues. If the same team that played City last week shows up Sunday…then game on. They’ve just haven’t shown they can sustain that level yet and it’s a big ask to have this young of a team answer that kind of question in a cup final. I have no expectations other than it’s hopefully a good match.

1708748978703.png

In the end, despite Liverpools injuries they are still a pretty clear favorite here. I have no idea what to expect from my blues. If the same team that played City last week shows up Sunday…then game on. They’ve just haven’t shown they can sustain that level yet and it’s a big ask to have this young of a team answer that kind of question in a cup final. I have no expectations other than it’s hopefully a good match.

View attachment 622381
Crazier things have happened, but I'm feeling about 1 in a million odds

Crazier things have happened, but I'm feeling about 1 in a million odds
I wouldn’t place the odds that low but definitely don’t feel great about it. More concerning for me is we’ve had a few positive games in a row which according to the pattern we’ve played all year means this team is due for a letdown performance. It’s always been 3 steps forward and 2 steps back all year. If the resilient version of this team shows up then hey, who knows.

Reactions: YankeeVol
United finally drop points in a match where they were not the superior team. They’ve been living on the edge so long and somehow still pulling enough points out of their butts even when they didn’t deserve it. They won 6 out of the last 7 games even though they have up 15+ shots in each of those 7 games..

Somehow sitting in 6th with an even goal differential and the two clubs behind them have +8 and +12.

No Salah, Nunez or TAA for Liverpool in the match day squad. I thought for sure at least Salah and Nunez would make the bench.

No Salah, Nunez or TAA for Liverpool in the match day squad. I thought for sure at least Salah and Nunez would make the bench.
Klopp trying to resting the crew for a run at the big prize I guess. Is curious not to even have them on the bench to bring on at the end on a close match for a cup. But I guess his priorities are clear.

Good on the Bundelsiga fans for making all these stands against big money.

Klopp trying to resting the crew for a run at the big prize I guess. Is curious not to even have them on the bench to bring on at the end on a close match for a cup. But I guess his priorities are clear.
They are injured… they were always a doubt to play

ESPN analysis is so bad. Hate when I have to watch Carabou cup and FA cup on ESPN. They make the NBC crew look competent.

That’s on Poch. Had Liverpool smothered the last part of the first 90 and then looked to be playing for pens in extra time.

Also can’t believe some of the saves both keepers had. They were both excellent.

Reactions: VolsLFC
The last thing I wanted with current injury situation and now Gravenberch
Energy draining for sure. Bitter result for us but fair play to y’all, congratulations on the win. Klopp gets his first farewell send off. We will see if he gets anymore depending on how the rest of the season plays out.

Reactions: VolsLFC
Energy draining for sure. Bitter result for us but fair play to y’all, congratulations on the win. Klopp gets his first farewell send off. We will see if he gets anymore depending on how the rest of the season plays out.
Sorry you had to endure that - I know that was a hard pill to swallow.

Terrible mindset. We didn’t have any midfield subs on the bench so I’m sure they were gassed but both teams were. Play to win the game.

VN Store

Back