Recruiting Football Talk VII

Funny how the Missouri clutching and grabbing in the first half magically became fouls early in the second half. (Mo had 7 fouls, TN 0 early in the second half.) DK is free to do his thing when nobody is grabbing him.
Gates was getting away with assault on DK the whole game...I give the dude credit for the effort he showed the whole game...but he should have fouled out 3/4ths of the way through the first...same thing with East.

Edit: Bates....not Gates.

Last edited:
Baylor losing last evening most likely sealed a #2 seed in NCAA tournament for Vols.

Saying that if Vols can win out they will definitely have a chance at a #1 seed especially if Iowa State wins Big 12 Title.

Only game that is bothersome is at Alabama.

South Caroling is trending down and Texas A&M.

Auburn will be without Jayden Williams one of their top scorers.

Kentucky at Knoxville on Senior day, last game of year at home book it that's a win.

Knecht isn't losing his last game at home.
We will doing really good to win 3 out of 5 of those. If we win out, or even 4 of 5 it will be an awesome job.

If we play like we did last night against any of the remaining teams it is a loss.

Not downgrading our team, just saying this is a brutal stretch of games...none of them are going to be easy.

Last edited:
Funny thing about thieves..you let em steal $10 and get away with it...they will then keep coming back, bringing more thieves, and keep taking more and more until you have nothing left.

I get the ideal...but things ain't that simple when dealing with garbage human beings.
Sometimes you have to bust a fool in the mouth one good time to let the other fools know you ain't gonna take their mess.

View attachment 621587
I wanted to say THANK YOU to whoever suggested listening to Sturgill Simpson during the "country music is dead" discussion a couple of weeks ago. My wife got me the "Metamodern Sounds in Country Music" cd for Valentines Day and it's exactly what I've been looking for. 'Long white line' and 'Turtles all the way down' have that old school, country sound I love and the rest of the album ain't bad either. (I would have probably enjoyed 'It ain't all flowers' more , if I would have been on LSD.)

*Anyone wondering, he's like a mix of Waylon Jennings and Keith Whitley.

Good call, VN!
Do you know what 'Turtles all the way down' is about?..lol.

We will doing really good to win 3 out of 5 of those. If we win out, or even 4 of 5 it will be an awesome job.

If we play like we did last night against any of the remaining ing teams it is a loss.

Not downgrading our team, just saying this is a brutal stretch of games...none of them are going to be easy.
Our Achilles heel is that we have too many droughts and lazy play. Won’t even get to the sweet 16 if you play like that in the tournament

Our Achilles heel is that we have too many droughts and lazy play. Won’t even get to the sweet 16 if you play like that in the tournament

Being ice cold from 3 is our Achilles heel.

We haven’t lost a game while shooting at least 33% from deep. 5-6 in the 11 games we shot under 33% from deep.

Also unrelated, Tim Duncan really gets no respect for how good he was.

1 of 6 players to reach 3,000 blocks (more than Ewing, Shaq, Alonzo, KG, & Ben Wallace)

1 of 7 players to reach 15,000 rebounds (more than Malone, Parish, Hakeem, Shaq, Barkley, Rodman, & Ewing)

1 of 22 players to reach 26,000 points

Only him and Kareem have done all 3 feats in their career, Kareem played 168 more games & 2 more seasons though.

Wilt also would be on the list if they recorded blocks when he played.
Duncan also played all four seasons at Wake Forest…right when that was becoming an outlier.

VN Store

Back