UT under potential NCAA investigation for NIL

You’d really have to hope Spyre and UT would be smarter than this coming off the heels of the huge Pruitt scandal that we got by with a slap on the wrist on. I have a feeling we won’t be able to negotiate our punishment down if this has any truth to it.

Last edited:
NIL has sucked a tremendous amount of power away from the NCAA and UT is currently the big name in NIL. We won't be alone in this fight and will likely set the standard
Thinking the NCAA has probably shifted all of their investigative resources to NIL. The ultimate relevance for NCAA would be to gather “evidence” and create a report for Congress showing how NIL is horrible for college athletics. They will heavily push for legislation to save their a@@es.

Well guess we know what Saban has been doing these last few weeks lol...Him getting his ass kicked 2 years ago and losing Nico really rustled his short man syndrome.If there's any weight to this wouldn't surprise me one bit at all if he's let some information be known tryjn to help out his former school..I'd tell the Ncaa to suck it if we're being honest.

Spyre advertises themselves as the "most ambitious collective" so one would think they have crossed their Ts and dotted the Is. I guess we'll find out. Never a dull moment around here.
Agreed but it's just annoying how A&M, Ole Miss,Georgia, FSU etc all the big boys are deep in the NIL game but yet here we are front page again.Its Forde so I take it with a grain of salt and the way White was on top of NIL the first year based on being nervous over the Pruitt fiasco I doubt he let a bunch of major violations occur.At the same time it's just another tool for ppl to use against us in recruiting and questions coach will have to address every other day until spring time.If this turns out to be bs (Which is more than likely) I'd rake Forde and his UT hating agenda along with Knoxville news over the coals..

VN Store

Back