Recruiting Football Talk VII

The guys leaving are the ones who didn't hear what they wanted to hear in the exit interviews. Everybody wants something-- a promised position, a move up the depth chart, more NIL $$-- and not everybody's getting it. UT wants anyone not all-in to be out this week so they can start bowl practice with a clear focus.
D*** you gotta keep at least one or two.

The guys leaving are the ones who didn't hear what they wanted to hear in the exit interviews. Everybody wants something-- a promised position, a move up the depth chart, more NIL $$-- and not everybody's getting it. UT wants anyone not all-in to be out this week so they can start bowl practice with a clear focus.
Nice I’d rather roll with younger talented players even if there is a learning curve. Now what about portal additions? We just going to roll with an inexperienced secondary next year, which I think will have some talent just young, or are we going to add some quality pieces? Is this the Pruitt players exiting and Heupels first class being so weak that’s giving us no depth? Why no traction late in recruiting or portal?

Addition by Subtraction on these Veteran DB's
Yep. I think the young guys are more talented it’s time for their shot at things even if there will be a learning curve. Iowa isn’t exactly an offensive powerhouse so it could be a good time to get them going. Next year in SEC play is where the depth will hurt. We will be playing only sophomores and freshman unless some portal help comes in.

IDK what anybody's asking, but in general, many guys have an inflated sense of value and overplay their hand. They see others getting more and think "why not me?" They think they can test the waters and come back if it doesn't work out. Well, it may not work out and nobody's holding their spot.
We going to land anyone from the portal on defense?

Speaking of Texas QB Quinn Ewers, what's the possibility of Arch going into portal?

Doesn't seem he would be okay with watching for 2 seasons....

OSU hooking up with MH Jr...could be a possibility...
Don’t buy that MHJ is giving up the head start to his second NFL contract. Nowhere to go but down.

Reactions: LoudOrange

VN Store

Back