Vols Transfer portal tracker (updated daily)

Trying to stay on top of the ball is the hardest thing ...
Departing Transfers: Offers to Free Agents/Visits
CB - Warren Burrell ->CB - Syeed Gibbs (RI) ->
CB - Brandon Turnage ->DT - Marley Cook (MTSU) -> Visits: Miami 12/8; Ohio State 12/15-16
S/DB - Jack Luttrell ->C/OL - Remington Strickland (TAMU) ->
OL - Mo Clipper, Jr ->TE - Justin Joly (UCONN) (Visiting???) ->
OL – Addison Nichols ->TE - Holden Staes (ND) -> Visiting 12/9???
OL - Connor Meadows (PWO) - >TE – Dae’Quan Wright (VT) ->
LB - Mekhi Bigelow (PWO) ->WR - ’Juice’ Wells (USCe) -> Visit: 12/9???
WR - Josh Kelly (WS) -> Visits: ND 12/5?

Just saw that Key Lawrence is back in the portal. Do we go after him? We definitely could use help at safety.

Hey, Hadden worked his behind off and was probably the most improved player in our secondary. He was playing at a whole different level by the time he got hurt. Still not perfect but if all of our secondary players would have improved at the same rate, we would have probably wound up 10 and 2 IMO

Hey, Hadden worked his behind off and was probably the most improved player in our secondary. He was playing at a whole different level by the time he got hurt. Still not perfect but if all of our secondary players would have improved at the same rate, we would have probably wound up 10 and 2 IMO
He was our best DB by a lot. He was the only guy we had who could man cover anyone. I gave him plenty of grief for his tackling, but in coverage he was pretty darn good.

Trying to stay on top of the ball is the hardest thing ...
Departing Transfers: Offers to Free Agents/Visits
CB - Warren Burrell ->CB - Syeed Gibbs (RI) ->
CB - Brandon Turnage ->DT - Marley Cook (MTSU) -> Visits: Miami 12/8; Ohio State 12/15-16
S/DB - Jack Luttrell ->C/OL - Remington Strickland (TAMU) ->
OL - Mo Clipper, Jr ->TE - Justin Joly (UCONN) (Visiting???) ->
OL – Addison Nichols ->TE - Holden Staes (ND) -> Visiting 12/9???
OL - Connor Meadows (PWO) - >TE – Dae’Quan Wright (VT) ->
LB - Mekhi Bigelow (PWO) ->WR - ’Juice’ Wells (USCe) -> Visit: 12/9???
WR - Josh Kelly (WS) -> Visits: ND 12/5?

You are doing great work and it is appreciated!

I have no insider info on this one. Its a weird situation for sure.

Im not sure he and Coach Garner meshed together during his initial recruitment/before he went to aTm. So I don’t know if they are currently kicking the tires or not.

Personally they’d be a fool not to, because he’s a starter.

Im also not sure Spyre can afford him if they’re going all in on Seaton as has been prognosticated. I get the impression Spyre is not the premiere collective anymore and has to be picky with their contracts.
Im not disagreeing, but why do you think Spyre is struggling?

Im not disagreeing, but why do you think Spyre is struggling?
Disclaimer: I have no inside info about Spyre's finances.

I just don't see this staff reeling in the big fish. We certainly haven't seen them dropping a huge bag on someone like they did for Nico. Maybe they will on Seaton, his recruitment is ever changing and strange. We will supposedly know Friday unless he pushes it again. AP said he has flown to LA for his announcement and shut down his recruitment, including the planned in home from Heup and Ellerbee, so I dont think that's a good sign for the good guys.

I don't pretend to know how much money they are bringing in. I assume a large percentage of those members are like me, paying $60 to $200a year or whatever for some stickers, coozies, and a signed picture. I see they tailgate every game and bring some VFLs to meet and greet. Nothing crazy. They only have roughly 3000 members, out of over a million fans?!?!?!?! THis is the new age of CFB and I don't know how else we get over the hump but to offer the cream of the crop the best NIL deals on the market. Bama and UGA rebuilt their rosters and had success before NIL, so they can hang their hats on trophies. People scoff at the idea that they should join or donate, by the dozens.

Most of the money for Spyre to actually pay players has to come from wealthy boosters. It sure isn't coming from members like me. I wish I had more to donate, but i make just enough to support my family and put back some for retirement. The rest of Spyre's money has to come from businesses doing sponsorship deals through Spyre, and I haven't seen a ton of those either. You would think that would be on the precipice of the media. I just don't see much of that happening.

Joe had a deal with Beats, but who else had deals with any big businesses? Maybe I missed it, but aside from a few local business sponsorships, I'm just not seeing anyone reporting any real deals. I also don't live in Knoxville so maybe I'm missing that part because I don't have local Knoxville channels?

Auburn is supposed to have 13 million lined up for their collective. I feel fairly confident they are close to that, especially with their recruiting class they are putting together. aTm supposedly had $30 mil last year and got a $160 million dollar donation to the AD just to fire Jimbozo.

I just think that as many swings and misses that this staff has had recently, maybe they're struggling to compete with NIL.

Just my $0.02

Last edited:
  1. Nico Iamaleava, QB - $1.1 million valuation
    • Deals: Leaf Trading Cards, Spyre, Force Factor
  2. Jaylen Wright, RB - $649,000 valuation
    • Deals: Spyre, The Volunteer Club
  3. Joe Milton, QB - $637,000 valuation
  4. Tyler Baron, EDGE - $375,000 valuation
  5. John Campbell, OT - $288,000 valuation
    • Deals: The Volunteer Club
  6. James Pearce, EDGE - $225,000 valuation
    • Deals: Spyre
  7. Daevin Hobbs, DL - $208,000 valuation
  8. Dont’e Thornton, WR - $169,000 valuation
  9. Bru McCoy, WR - $155,000 valuation
    • Deals: Huddle for Hearts, Moonshine Mountain Cookie Company, Perfect Hydration Water
  10. Ethan Davis, TE - $148,000 valuation

Reactions: MEDVOL
This is all I found. The total for those ten is around $3.9 mil. I have no clue how many other players have deals, but take note, this is the top 10, so anyone else is probably around $100K or less.

I agree with you. I was just giving you a bit of a hard time because I refuse to feel sorry for college coaches having to do their jobs.

I am with you in that I refuse to feel sorry for coaches making millions of dollars doing something that most of us would do for free if we were wealthy and didnt have to work.

That said....this December period is absolute insanity for bigtime programs staffs. Trying to close strong their 24 recruiting classes, meeting with every current player individually to plan for next season, re-recruiting the best players already here so they dont get tampered with and stolen...AND all the aspects of bringing in new guys from the portal to fill holes in our roster. Oh...and film breakdown, gameplanning, practicing and getting the team ready to win our Jan6 bowlgame too. Never before has a staff had to do half this much work at the same time, as since the NIL and portal came to exist. No way these coaches are getting more than 4 or 5 hours sleep a day, 7 days a week...while still traveling the country to try and close the last couple bigtime players in their living rooms with Mom and Dad. I am sure our coaches are stretched very thin, and they have to be amazingly well organized and efficient to manage their roster right now.
Heup's not messing around:

Heupel has landed big fish that we really needed from the portal since it came out....WAY above average in portal success. From WR we put in the NFL already, to Gabe Jeudy Lally starting 10 games last year as well as solid contributors at Oline, Dline, TE in Mc Castles etc. Tennessee has done a great job in the portal...and already showed that WR like Wells can tranfer to UT and go straight to the NFL. That is HUGE. Us throwing 2 TDs to TEs in our last game has to help with swaying portal TEs to come here. The success Castles had last season as a 1 and done player looks great for us as well.

Heres hoping we close on 1 or both of this weeks visitors. These 2 guys can have immediate success at UT as soon as they learn the playbook. Will be HUGE to land either Wells or Jolly. GO VOLS

1. Nico Iamaleava, QB - $1.1 million valuation
    • Deals: Leaf Trading Cards, Spyre, Force Factor
  2. Jaylen Wright, RB - $649,000 valuation
  3. Joe Milton, QB - $637,000 valuation
  4. Tyler Baron, EDGE - $375,000 valuation
  5. John Campbell, OT - $288,000 valuation
  6. James Pearce, EDGE - $225,000 valuation
  7. Daevin Hobbs, DL - $208,000 valuation
  8. Dont’e Thornton, WR - $169,000 valuation
  9. Bru McCoy, WR - $155,000 valuation
    • Deals: Huddle for Hearts, Moonshine Mountain Cookie Company, Perfect Hydration Water
  10. Ethan Davis, TE - $148,000 valuation
Interesting info... Good job pulling that together.

Curiosity question to whoever might have some insight to this: How does this top 10 rank compared to our SEC rivals (like UGA, ALA, UF)?

VN Store

Back