Will Tennessee ever return to national contender status?

It took me several years to become disheartened by the state of the Lady Vols program but the program under Warlick finally did me in. Wasted years. Now I don't even really keep track of the names anymore. I might luck into a game here or there but chances are I will see a team with mostly mid level talent and an equal sideline staff to the talent.

Let's face it Fulmer is terrible at hires. He has run programs into the ground. I don't want to ever see any more coaching input from him at UT. As a matter of fact, I recommend him for a job against one of our chief rivals who is currently elite at any sport. That'll help UT athletics.
Agree, sadly his legacy is attached to his downfalls and influence to decisions more than his accolades.

It is NO fun nor useful to beat up, discuss, berate or elaborate on Kellie and LVs.
Its over................long past over and now we have to watch...........full disclosure Im done watching.....sad!!

It is NO fun nor useful to beat up, discuss, berate or elaborate on Kellie and LVs.
Its over................long past over and now we have to watch...........full disclosure Im done watching.....sad!!
And that’s the point I don’t want to get to. Luckily because I love basketball I’m able to watch our girls and support and hope eventually things turn around… while also watch other teams that actually look really good from game to game

How many years in a row have we started out highly ranked and in short order we're ranked anywhere from 18th to 25th? We supposedly have the talent but in playing actual games we lose. I KNEW we would drop in the rankings when I saw we were like 7th in the country cuz I have zero faith in KJH. We ALWAYS underperform our projections or expectations. When have we EVER exceeded expectations? I'll wait for answer on that. That's a sign of a sub par coach and until we get a for real good one we'll continue to be middling at best. KJH doesn't have it. Never has never will.

How many years in a row have we started out highly ranked and in short order we're ranked anywhere from 18th to 25th? We supposedly have the talent but in playing actual games we lose. I KNEW we would drop in the rankings when I saw we were like 7th in the country cuz I have zero faith in KJH. We ALWAYS underperform our projections or expectations. When have we EVER exceeded expectations? I'll wait for answer on that. That's a sign of a sub par coach and until we get a for real good one we'll continue to be middling at best. KJH doesn't have it. Never has never will.
You’ll have some say it’s the tough schedule early on. I say those teams we schedule have no problem scheduling us and winning.

Every season under Kellie is like Groundhog Day. Anyone who didn't see this disappointing start coming, clearly hasn't been paying attention...

Just because yall are talking schiznik I will watch the next game. Hopefully it will be enjoyable. I always liked Kellie as a player. I would like for her to be the best Kellie she can be and not a knockoff imitation version of Pat.

I will say I remember being on a board with Maria and all the Holly defenders. They would gripe and moan about my constant griping about Holly destroying Pat's legacy. I actually brought my griping to this board. I admit it. Well I stop griping once I became apathetic. The losing was made worse by some of the unrelated things they focused on that had nothing to do with basketball but it wasn't just the Lady Vols caught up in the lies.

Anyway, back to my original point. I plan to watch their next game. When we find girls that have as much pride in the program that fans who have been around since before women's basketball was on television have then we will be back because they will not be soft buttercups that wilt easy.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
And that’s the point I don’t want to get to. Luckily because I love basketball I’m able to watch our girls and support and hope eventually things turn around… while also watch other teams that actually look really good from game to game
It would bring me back just to see a group on the court appearing as if they wanted to be there and were grinding it out with all they got! by the by...........I dont blame Kellie...............Holly started this mess!

It would bring me back just to see a group on the court appearing as if they wanted to be there and were grinding it out with all they got! by the by...........I dont blame Kellie...............Holly started this mess!
Well documented CKH best years were with Hollys players. Outside of Key, they are all gone. Year 5, the mess should be cleaned up and not spread around.

Last time I checked, no one was paying all of our basketball players $25,000 just for being on the roster. Hard to document, but it's also been reported that several USCe players have had 6 figure contracts as well.
Earl, you seem like a very knowledgeable poster. You of course know that any “six figure” deals a player receives from any NIL deal are exactly that, NIL deals, which come from National and sometimes regional commercial sponsors based upon the players social media exposure. At SC, Boston earned some National level advertising deals.That should be expected for a former NPOY. Cook had a few regional ones. Paige, Reese, Clark etc have much bigger social media presence and much larger NIL deals.

The $25k per player deal at SC comes from a booster collective, not NIL, and it is a very modest collective $ wise compared to many programs. SC is not a wealthy state, its boosters are not amongst the elite in wealth and tbh SC does not have the resources to play the upfront signing bonus game that many programs are able to employ.

Prior to the advent of NIL just a few years ago, SC had been recruiting some of the best classes each season for a long while and winning championships along the way. Now that NIL is around, I find it humorous some will say their recruiting success has anything to do with NIL. It has to do with the coach, the program she has built and the track record of that program in the past 12 years Of success and putting players into the next level.

Now, if you want to talk exclusively booster collectives, and payments to athletes to come to a school, what do you think UT boosters had to pay for RK and JP each? I am certain they did not come cheap. What did Wells cost? Does UT spend more on portal players than many other schools? Are you saying SC spends more than UT here? I really doubt that.

Last edited:
Earl, you seem like a very knowledgeable poster. You of course know that any “six figure” deals a player receives from any NIL deal are exactly that, NIL deals, which come from National and sometimes regional commercial sponsors based upon the players social media exposure. At SC, Boston earned some National level advertising deals.That should be expected for a former NPOY. Cook had a few regional ones. Paige, Reese, Clark etc have much bigger social media presence and much larger NIL deals.

The $25k per player deal at SC comes from a booster collective, not NIL, and it is a very modest collective $ wise compared to many programs. SC is not a wealthy state, its boosters are not amongst the elite in wealth and tbh SC does not have the resources to play the upfront signing bonus game that many programs are able to employ.

Prior to the advent of NIL just a few years ago, SC had been recruiting some of the best classes each season for a long while and winning championships along the way. Now that NIL is around, I find it humorous some will say their recruiting success has anything to do with NIL. It has to do with the coach, the program she has built and the track record of that program in the past 12 years Of success and putting players into the next level.
Do you think teenage/young adults care where the 25K comes from? Collective, NIL it all spends the same.

Do you think teenage/young adults care where the 25K comes from? Collective, NIL it all spends the same.
Do you think SC’s 25k annual stipend to each player is above what most of the top programs are expensing now? You think that is a unique arrangement? If it is, it’s only unique in that it is made public knowledge.

Do you think SC’s 25k annual stipend to each player is above what most of the top programs are expensing now? You think that is a unique arrangement? If it is, it’s only unique in that it is made public knowledge.
When you come to a Tennessee board who isn’t doing the same, yes I do think it’s unique. It’s a great recruiting tool as well. Same for schools like Arkansas softball advertising car deals for the team.

Reactions: brittannica
When you come to a Tennessee board who isn’t doing the same, yes I do think it’s unique. It’s a great recruiting tool as well. Same for schools like Arkansas softball advertising car deals for the team.
So you are saying the LV players do not get an annual stipend from any UT collective at all, or that it is less?

So you are saying the LV players do not get an annual stipend from any UT collective at all, or that it is less?

There are undoubtedly people more in the know than I am, but I am a donor to the BoosterHer Club who alluded to me that no annual stipend was provided to Lady Vols. Would love to be told I’m wrong!

VN Store

Back