Early line on Tennessee vs Virginia is out.... spoiler alert... it's high

Dadgum! You serious Clark. That was like their one good season of that century. What on earth could they have been pompous about? Ralph Samson has been gone 40 years now!
He is spot on. The demonstration of their fans & band prior to & during the ‘91 Sugar Bowl was unbelievably arrogant. I’ve really never experienced anything like it, and I recall thinking, “who the hell are these people”? Disrespectful is what I recall, big time. I’ve always remembered their behavior in NOLA. You had to be there, as really no way to describe it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacksonvol
As someone who lives in Charlottesville and has worked at UVA for the last 8 years (oh, and also a Vol alum), I fine this thread interesting.

No, UVA is most definitely not a football school. And for the most part, it’s not a basketball school either (outside of the last few years + Ralph Sampson).

What it is, is an elite academic school that dominates in Olympic sports. They just won their 33rd national title- all but one (2019 men’s basketball) being in the Olympic sports realm.

I can honestly say that UVA fans know this is going to be bad- they are coming off a disappointing season that culminated in a tragedy resulting in the cancellation of their last two games. They are rebuilding and people expect this year to be a 2-3 win team. Most will be happy with 6-7 wins a year outside of some vocal morons. Those people also think Dabo is going to leave Clemson to come to UVA- just unrealistic. Again, it’s not a football school and probably never will be, but they will win a ton of championships in other sports.

8 titles in the last 5 years isn’t bad, trails only Stanford in that category. To uva fans, there’s much more than just football.
Well, …….. we’re playing football, they better be ready!

I want a INT on every pass they attempt.

I want a TD every time we have the ball.

I want Milton to throw10 TD's in the first quarter.

I want Nico to throw 10 TD's in the 2nd quarter.

I want our 2 other backup QB's to throw 8 more TD's each in the 2nd half.

I don't really ask for much.

I just want our footVOL Team to set standards and expectations that they will carry all throughout this coming season.

I want to see us WIN another SEC Championship.

I want to see us WIN another National Championship.

Then is God decides my time on this Earth is over I'll go dressed in my best Big Orange gear with a smile on my face and headed to whatever God decides is my next destination.

Strap is up and WIN them all boys!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

I want a INT on every pass they attempt.

I want a TD every time we have the ball.

I want Milton to throw10 TD's in the first quarter.

I want Nico to throw 10 TD's in the 2nd quarter.

I want our 2 other backup QB's to throw 8 more TD's each in the 2nd half.

I don't really ask for much.

I just want our footVOL Team to set standards and expectations that they will carry all throughout this coming season.

I want to see us WIN another SEC Championship.

I want to see us WIN another National Championship.

Then is God decides my time on this Earth is over I'll go dressed in my best Big Orange gear with a smile on my face and headed to whatever God decides is my next destination.

Strap is up and WIN them all boys!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Gimmick Offense Described Here...

I feel for UVAs program after what they experienced last year, but for this one game I hope Tony Elliot looks like an idiot after thinking he was too good to coach here.

Very classy comment. I wonder if Tennessee will do anything to honor UVA. It would be cool I think to put the players that were killed numbers on our helmets or something like that.

Hope we beat those pompous a$$holes by a 100. Been going to games for 73 years and they were absolutely the worst I have ever seen in NOLA before and after the 91 Sugar Bowl. And yes that includes UGA, UAT, UF and VU.

I did not even know the had a football team until I saw them on our schedule. I understand your dislike for a fan base. I had a similar experience at a Vandy game about 10 years ago with son who was about 12 at the time.

I’ve always despised UVA and VA Tech. All I heard growing up was UVA this and that in the early 80’s when they had Ralph Sampson in 🏀. VA Tech stunk but their fans came out of the woodwork when Michael Vick came aboard.

Winning by 30 won’t be enough but just hope TN has a huge lead after first quarter so I can relax and enjoy the beat down.

Idk what to expect this yr from this TN team.
I recall VA Tech was pretty good in the early 90s with Drunkenmiller.
It not like Vick raised the dead.

I don't know, they did beat Old Dominion by 2 last year....
Went to that game with ex wife. Half empty silent on 3rd downs won on last 2nd field goal. None of the students even watched they just hang out in the endzone grass beautiful campus though like its insane

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
If our offense comes out spidering this could be a good pick up for some money. +28 puts the pressure on TN. But if we cover that, the sec better be ready for another big season by the vols and we all know how much they hate it when we are good !!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
UVA parallels Vanderbilt in many ways. Probably 95% of its fans have absolutely no affiliation with the university and are simply antagonists of the other in-state school.

They also parallel Vandy in terms of talent on the football field. They have averaged around number 50 in the nation for the last 4 years in recruiting. We should destroy them.

Reactions: VaBornVol
Very classy comment. I wonder if Tennessee will do anything to honor UVA. It would be cool I think to put the players that were killed numbers on our helmets or something like that.
If you will recall, we already put UVA stickers on our helmets for a game in November last year to honor the victims.

Coach Tony Elliott's public remarks about how God protected him from UT's dysfunction just shows we are in good graces upstairs finally.
We owe him a lesson in humility. He should learn why he should keep our university's name out of his mouth.

Coach Tony Elliott's public remarks about how God protected him from UT's dysfunction just shows we are in good graces upstairs finally.
We owe him a lesson in humility. He should learn why he should keep our university's name out of his mouth.
Wow I missed when he said that

All the UVA fans I know have zero belief in Tony Elliot

We will legit score 70 prolly

He is spot on. The demonstration of their fans & band prior to & during the ‘91 Sugar Bowl was unbelievably arrogant. I’ve really never experienced anything like it, and I recall thinking, “who the hell are these people”? Disrespectful is what I recall, big time. I’ve always remembered their behavior in NOLA. You had to be there, as really no way to describe it.
Remember it well. Just as you said, it was so disgusting. One reason I want us to pulverize them.

VN Store

Back