'24 MO TE Jaden Reddell (Georgia commit)

I’m pissed. So no longer coming this weekend? If he shows up and is peer recruiting to uga I hope he gets his azz kicked and told to go home.

Why would he do this with OVs schedule in June?? I don’t understand this at all.

Not sure why posters are freaking out over a TE, but okay.

Bc he knew where he wanted to go. You might be taking this a little too personal
Probably so. I just really didn’t want the fear of “he gone” any time uga gets involved to be validated. Same stuff with bama all these years. And we’re not there yet. Sucks.

And now it makes one think the case will be the same for wingo.

And also, we really need capable bodies at the TE position. Could take the offense another notch higher, which would scare other teams if they weren’t already. No knock on fant or Warren, but they’re not elite and it’s be nice to have elite talent at such a mismatch lending position.

Reactions: 19_GBO_19
I’m pissed. So no longer coming this weekend? If he shows up and is peer recruiting to uga I hope he gets his azz kicked and told to go home.

Why would he do this with OVs schedule in June?? I don’t understand this at all.
Probably for the same reason that Peyton Lewis is expected to commit to the Vols this weekend.

Probably so. I just really didn’t want the fear of “he gone” any time uga gets involved to be validated. Same stuff with bama all these years. And we’re not there yet. Sucks.

And now it makes one think the case will be the same for wingo.

And also, we really need capable bodies at the TE position. Could take the offense another notch higher, which would scare other teams if they weren’t already. No knock on fant or Warren, but they’re not elite and it’s be nice to have elite talent at such a mismatch lending position.
I try to keep the orange colored glasses off as much possible with recruiting and I've been feeling like this one was slipping from us for awhile but I legit think we are still in the thick of it on Wingo.

larry-david-eh-7td8uhe6o8eckfwq.gif

going up against UGA, Bama etc....not gonna win 'em all. moving on. i'm glad it got ripped off like a band aid though...lol. don't have to worry bout it any longer........

So you are saying we got outbid yet again for an elite recruit?
You haven't figured out the Volnation reactions yet? All recruits that commit to the Vols do so strictly for the love of the Vols and the love of the game. All recruits that commit elsewhere are money grubbing kids that are only in it for the money. Rinse. Repeat. It's ridiculous.

Kirby pretty much had an easy job when he was hired.

Mark Richt pulled in plenty of elite talent there. It’s not hard to recruit there.

Heupel walked into a complete mess and has done a great job of pulling in great players despite being at a disadvantage.
I think they’ve had 1 class lower than 10th since Richt was hired.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
It will be hard for anyone in a battle with UGA for a TE they really want with their recent success at the position and back to back national titles. We have Echols. If we strike out with other top targets, it's back to the portal with immediate playing time available. It's sucks to miss out on an elite prospect, but we'll be ok at TE. We haven't had anything close to an elite TE yet, and we've been fine

It will be hard for anyone in a battle with UGA for a TE they really want with their recent success at the position and back to back national titles. We have Echols. If we strike out with other top targets, it's back to the portal with immediate playing time available. It's sucks to miss out on an elite prospect, but we'll be ok at TE. We haven't had anything close to an elite TE yet, and we've been fine
Honestly, the only truly outstanding TE we've had in the last 30 plus years is Jason Witten, and we didn't even fully utilize his talent when he was here. As wide-open as he runs this offense, I think that Heupel could do wonders with a truly elite TE talent.

Honestly, the only truly outstanding TE we've had in the last 30 plus years is Jason Witten, and we didn't even fully utilize his talent when he was here. As wide-open as he runs this offense, I think that Heupel could do wonders with a truly elite TE talent.
It's hard to imagine what someone like Brock Bowers or Jahiem Bell could do in our offense.

Bowers has excelled despite being in a run heavy offense at Georgia.

If we got a tight end that was on that level, it would truly take our offense to the next level.

I agree, and I think we potentially have one in Ethan Davis and another with truly elite athleticism in Okoye. They both still need development though. Someone like Bowers, that is elite as a true freshman, is the rarest of breeds.

Reactions: volsfan_17

VN Store

Back