Irsay disrespects Peyton

Irsay’s list is as bad as his management of his team.
Top five in no particular order:
Bruce Matthews
Reggie White
Tom Brady
Lawrence Taylor
Jerry Rice

I wouldn't say Brady wasn't near as good but it is a valid point that when Peyton's teams had as good or better defenses, he beat Brady. Factor in too, Brady had the better head coach in every meeting. Peyton has a winning record (3-2) against Brady when it mattered most--the post-season. Brady's longevity gives him the edge as the GOAT.
Now compare the offensive talent Peyton had to work with compared to Brady and it starts not to matter so much the fact Brady had better defenses at times. Manning had two HOF receivers at the same time along with a HOF running back. Brady had a HOF tight end but never got to play even one season with a HOF wideout in his prime (he resurrected Moss for one year after the Raiders had written him off - the Pats only gave up a fourth-rounder to get him), much less two. Brady would’ve thrown for 7,000 yards in a season with that level of talent around him.

The defenses argument is lazy and reeks of someone who never watched Brady play. Pretty much no one on planet earth at this point other than homer Vol fans considers Peyton on a level with Brady.

He freaking led the NFL in passing yards at the age of 43. He won his seventh Super Bowl at 43, in his first season with a new team, a team that went 7-9 the previous season. He has more playoff victories than 27 of the 32 NFL franchises. He led the largest comeback in Super Bowl history. He would have eight Super Bowl victories if the Pats defense had even bothered to show up for SB 52.

Now compare the offensive talent Peyton had to work with compared to Brady and it starts not to matter so much the fact Brady had better defenses at times. Manning had two HOF receivers at the same time along with a HOF running back. Brady had a HOF tight end but never got to play even one season with a HOF wideout in his prime (he resurrected Moss for one year after the Raiders had written him off - the Pats only gave up a fourth-rounder to get him), much less two. Brady would’ve thrown for 7,000 yards in a season with that level of talent around him.

The defenses argument is lazy and reeks of someone who never watched Brady play. Pretty much no one on planet earth at this point other than homer Vol fans considers Peyton on a level with Brady.

He freaking led the NFL in passing yards at the age of 43. He won his seventh Super Bowl at 43, in his first season with a new team, a team that went 7-9 the previous season. He has more playoff victories than 27 of the 32 NFL franchises. He led the largest comeback in Super Bowl history. He would have eight Super Bowl victories if the Pats defense had even bothered to show up for SB 52.
IMG_2032.gif

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I for one will never deny my absolute homerism. The NFL only exists for me as a stage on which I can continue to watch Vols after their real career is over 😉

VN Store

Back