'24 AZ CB Santana Wilson

“It was big for me,” Wilson said about his offer from the Vols. “This is my second SEC offer and I know that is really big coming from a school like Tennessee.”

Wilson is the No. 89 overall prospect and No. 24 cornerback in the class of 2024. He ranks as the No. 6 player and No. 1 cornerback in Arizona, according to On3.

Wilson is building a relationship with special teams coordinator and outside linebackers coach Mike Ekeler.

“I just met with coach Ekeler and our relationship is going to be strong for sure,” Wilson said. “We already have really good chemistry.”

Wilson earned first-team 5A Northeast Valley All-Region honors last season, recording 49 total tackles, four interceptions and 12 pass breakups.

After receiving an offer, Wilson has high interest in the Vols and plans to make an unofficial visit this summer or during the season.

“I have to rethink my top school’s list, but I know they will stand high,” Wilson said. “What stands out to me is the way they rally and attack the ball. The way they play violent. I love it. I definitely have plans to make it out there for a visit.”
- VolsWire

No. 1 cornerback in Arizona Santana Wilson discusses Tennessee offer

VN Store

Back