Tennessee Lady Vol News

I imagine Morrow will end up making the team to give LSU two players as well. She is in the five of which four will make it.

There is a caveat to that... it says they MAY bring in other players to try out for spots so 4 of those 5 could fill in spots or they could bring in 4 people they want. Seems like they weren't exactly happy with the ones they kept to leave that door open .

There is a caveat to that... it says they MAY bring in other players to try out for spots so 4 of those 5 could fill in spots or they could bring in 4 people they want. Seems like they weren't exactly happy with the ones they kept to leave that door open .
Yes that seems to be the case so they might not make it only time will tell.

Seems like they weren't exactly happy with the ones they kept to leave that door open .
correct something was off because they do NOT usually do this when picking a team
They said from the original release announcing the trial roster that they may bring in additional players. May not usually do it, but always intended to this time if necessary.

They said from the original release announcing the trial roster that they may bring in additional players. May not usually do it, but always intended to this time if necessary.

That's great but it is unusual... and they obviously do not like the look of the roster but congrats to our two players for being standouts!

I wonder if our girls can go on part of the trip and then go straight to USA trials.... We only play two games so it's not like it'll be a lot of basketball

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I wonder if our girls can go on part of the trip and then go straight to USA trials.... We only play two games so it's not like it'll be a lot of basketball
Possibly do all the trip, come home for a day or two, do some laundry, sleep, recover jet lag then go to Colorado a couple of days into the Americup camp. The first few days there are likely to be spent finalizing the roster so Rickea and Jewel wouldn't be missed much. Could be there around the 24th or 25th and still have almost a week before the Mexico trip with the final roster. I'm sure some kind of arrangement has already been made.

It's a killer agenda for sure, but since they're younger than most of my tshirts they'll be fine. Great experience for them.

I heard they’re going to decide the finalist after 3x3 when Brink can join the team. Idk how true it is but USA did say more players could be added to the roster. It’s only 4 spots left and judging the roster the last 3 spots(I think Brink is a given) will be a PG/CG, W, and F. Between Cook and Gray for last guard spot and down to Hsu, Morrow, or Barker for the last two spots that would fill the forward/wing position.

For versatility and USA experience I’d go with Barker for one spot but idk what they would be looking for in the last position. Hsu has a very sound game and a nice three point stroke. She would be a nice fit, especially from the Ivy League. Then there’s Morrow who’s undersized for a forward but tough and can rebound like hell. Idk if you need her with Reese and Brink already not to mention Betts, then Rickea as well. Hsu might be a good option for another shooter. But that’s just my opinion.

In case you were wondering the level of excellence that all the 8 players chosen for the Americup team, they are all ELITE:
Lauren Betts - #1 recruit of class 2022
Raven Johnson #1 recruit in 2021 (Naismith and WBCA)
Ryah Marshall - 2023 All Pac 12 Team
Charisma Osborne - 2023 All Pac 12
Laila Phelia - All Big 10 despite missing a month of play due to injury.
Angel Reese - we know, we know, enough already :p
Rickea Jackson - we know, we know, and can't wait to know more!!
Jewell Spear - ACC First Team and ACC top scorer (Sophomore year)
Morrow, Barker and other all stars that didn't make the top tier.
Congratulations Spear, Jackson, and to the LVs.

In case you were wondering the level of excellence that all the 8 players chosen for the Americup team, they are all ELITE:
Lauren Betts - #1 recruit of class 2022
Raven Johnson #1 recruit in 2021 (Naismith and WBCA)
Ryah Marshall - 2023 All Pac 12 Team
Charisma Osborne - 2023 All Pac 12
Laila Phelia - All Big 10 despite missing a month of play due to injury.
Angel Reese - we know, we know, enough already :p
Rickea Jackson - we know, we know, and can't wait to know more!!
Jewell Spear - ACC First Team and ACC top scorer (Sophomore year)
Morrow, Barker and other all stars that didn't make the top tier.
Congratulations Spear, Jackson, and to the LVs.
🥰

VN Store

Back