You Wanna Watch Some CLASSIC Tennessee Football...

I was struck by how few of us wore orange to the games back then. We all wore regular street clothes, whatever color, whatever was comfortable. That's a lot of money being made today that wasn't back then.
A bunch of us just wore what we had. Fans were fans, and not everyone could afford fancy UT gear before WalMart and Dollar General started selling cheap crappy Tennessee shirts.

Dang I never knew it was called AutoShack. I don’t feel so old anymore.
Guess it's your point of reference. Some look at AutoShack and '84 as the "good old days". Take it back another 20 years and that's my "classic UT". I'm sure there are guys still around who go back further.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, @TAF.

I was there in section W, Row 48. IIRC, UT had temporarily installed a JumboTron on top of the N. Endzone for the UF & Bama games. Does anyone else remember that?

Most of VN knows this but for those who don't, you can go to You Tube Search type in the game Tenn vs opponent and year to watch almost any game back through the 80s. I watched the reruns of Peyton's senior year and the 98 season and several others. We can thank Freak for many of the recordings.

I'm always surprised when watching some of these old games, because I will anticipate a big play or see jersey numbers and have the players' names pop into my head. I really do have a terrible memory. It's weird to spontaneously recall these kinds of details in a game I haven't watched since the day it was played. Anyone else find themselves doing this or is it just me?

VN Store

Back