Len’Neth Whitehead transfers…

Yes. And, he has been in the portal since early December so he should be eligible for the fall. I like our RB group and Whitehead might not have gotten many touches. But, with his size, he brought something a little different and it’s a shame to lose him, especially to UGA.
From what I have read he will not be eligible in 2023.

Wish him the best but it's very telling that he went to uga over other schools that offered scholarships. I'm sure he got some kind of NIL deal to pay for his school but he clearly has no real desire to be on the field.

Wish the kid the best in life, but for the next few years, he will wear the uniform of a trash program, and play in front of the whiniest, most needy fanbase in sports.....so......yay for him??

If there is a way for Flowbee McSupercuts to be sleazy and use this to his advantage, he will. Thankfully, Heupel strikes me as a much smarter person than Flowbee, so I am not worried about the 'playbook' being stolen. In the age of NIL and open portals, that's just part of the game.

Per 247 sources

UGA has 3 rbs injured:
Andrew Paul (ACL) 1 yr ago
Milton oft injured with another hamstring
Branson Robinson 4-6 month recovery of a foot injury.

Only 2 healthy rbs start Fall camp
Edwards
Rod Robinson

Whitehead may very well see playing time.

Our luck will see him win the Offensive MVP in their game with us.

Per 247 sources

UGA has 3 rbs injured:

Edwards
Rod Robinson

If he’s their O MVP, that will mean we won going away and he got some yards on our 2s & 3s.

Per 247 sources

UGA has 3 rbs injured:

Edwards
Rod Robinson

I’m not sure about the extent of these injuries but I’m thinking you are absolutely correct. It’s true that we have some serious talent at RB, but these injuries make us desperate for more depth. If Whitehead performs well in practice there is a good chance he gets some game time carries. I don’t know much about him yet other than he was recruited as a LB and has battled with injuries. Buzz is that he runs hard and has good speed for a bigger back. And he is finally healthy. It does seem odd that he came over as a walk-on. I’m sure his being from Athens played a huge part in his decision.

I’m not sure about the extent of these injuries but I’m thinking you are absolutely correct. It’s true that we have some serious talent at RB, but these injuries make us desperate for more depth. If Whitehead performs well in practice there is a good chance he gets some game time carries. I don’t know much about him yet other than he was recruited as a LB and has battled with injuries. Buzz is that he runs hard and has good speed for a bigger back. And he is finally healthy. It does seem odd that he came over as a walk-on. I’m sure his being from Athens played a huge part in his decision.
He's slow.

He does run like his size would indicate, but unless he changes his genetics somehow I doubt he ever makes an impact for UGA.

Just not very talented. 5'11 195 Freshman Wright was getting short yardage reps over Whitehead

He's slow.

He does run like his size would indicate, but unless he changes his genetics somehow I doubt he ever makes an impact for UGA.

Just not very talented. 5'11 195 Freshman Wright was getting short yardage reps over Whitehead
Lol, oh well. Not much chance of a genetics change. Hopefully he completes his education.

Reactions: LittleVol
How bad must Kirby be cheating to get 4 stars to walk on? I wonder how much he’s paying Whitehead?

Just because he was rated as a 4* recruit by a recruiting website, that doesn’t mean he’s good. If he were, he wouldn’t have been in the portal since December, then settled for a walk-on spot. That, and he would’ve actually played at Tennessee.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Per 247 sources

UGA has 3 rbs injured:

Edwards
Rod Robinson

I saw that and think it explains the transfer as much as anything. We have several good options at the moment and Whitehead was looking at limited work, while UGA has some questions due to the injuries.

I saw that and think it explains the transfer as much as anything. We have several good options at the moment and Whitehead was looking at limited work, while UGA has some questions due to the injuries.
Yeah you’re right. Injuries have taken a toll on our RB depth. I honestly think Milton could be one of the best if he could stay healthy, but he hasn’t yet. Branson Robinson is a truck but he is injured. Andrew Paul was ahead of Robinson on the depth chart before the ACL. None of this matters if you can’t play! It absolutely hurts our offense in a big way.

Yeah you’re right. Injuries have taken a toll on our RB depth. I honestly think Milton could be one of the best if he could stay healthy, but he hasn’t yet. Branson Robinson is a truck but he is injured. Andrew Paul was ahead of Robinson on the depth chart before the ACL. None of this matters if you can’t play! It absolutely hurts our offense in a big way.
Seeing UGA thin at RB makes me smile - I just wish it was for reasons other than injury. Hope your guys get healthy (but still have a bad day in Knoxville). Is the expectation for Whitehead to be eligible this year?

Seeing UGA thin at RB makes me smile - I just wish it was for reasons other than injury. Hope your guys get healthy (but still have a bad day in Knoxville). Is the expectation for Whitehead to be eligible this year?
Lol, I can’t fault you for smiling. It’s only natural!!! Yeah, hopefully they all fully recover. I’m honestly not sure about Whitehead’s eligibility. I do think that transfer’s eligibility for playing this season has passed. I was wondering if this has something to do with him being a walk-on, but I’m not sure.

If you needed another oft inured RB you got one

Yeah, he will be eligible this season.

Dude really should've moved to LB.

It seems clear he doesn't have a huge future at RB. Difficult to imagine him seeing a lot of playing time at UGA.

VN Store

Back