Tennessee Lady Vol News

How many players make that USA team cause I saw where they were down to 19 and both Rickea and Jewel were still on it.
I don't think any cuts have been made. They started with 19 I believe and will cut to 12. I think originally they invited 22 but ended up w 19. I think it's safe to say Rickea, Angel, and Janiah are making this team. Sure hope Jewel does as well.

Probably had a last workout today and will announce roster tonight or in the morning.

Tiny glimpses fm today's workout: at 40 sec in, Jewel (#26) with the nice drive and mid range . At 1:16, Rickea (#34) with a power drive, a step thru in traffic, and ends it with the beloved one foot fade away from in front. She follows immediately n the next clip w a really hard foul, don't accuse her of not playing D. Gives the immediate hand up after the smackdown.

Tiny glimpses fm today's workout: at 40 sec in, Jewel (#26) with the nice drive and mid range . At 1:16, Rickea (#34) with a power drive, a step thru in traffic, and ends it with the beloved one foot fade away from in front. She follows immediately n the next clip w a really hard foul, don't accuse her of not playing D. Gives the immediate hand up after the smackdown.

I saw that segment too

She has learned well, "don't play to not make mistakes, play to leave an impression"

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don't think any cuts have been made. They started with 19 I believe and will cut to 12. I think originally they invited 22 but ended up w 19. I think it's safe to say Rickea, Angel, and Janiah are making this team. Sure hope Jewel does as well.

Probably had a last workout today and will announce roster tonight or in the morning.
Yes 22 and three are gone for whatever reason.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Long time before we see them be teammates 😩

Not necessarily... they could team up on team USA together especially since Finley has already been playing 17u as a 7th grader and Nyla as a 9th grader!

We got some good ones !!! And if you haven't seen them in person you should because Nyla doesn't even know how good she can be and is worth the price of admission!

They'll be fun to keep up with and worth the wait. Go head kellie for getting in on these two early because if they continue to get better WATCH OUT !

Only school with two players on the team. What an opportunity! Congratulations to Jewel and Kea.

They already have some experience together from 3x3. This is going to make our team even better, an excellent opportunity for them to get some court time before the season.

Only school with two players on the team. What an opportunity! Congratulations to Jewel and Kea.

They already have some experience together from 3x3. This is going to make our team even better, an excellent opportunity for them to get some court time before the season.

UCLA has two also. Betts and Osborne 🙃

but very impressive nonce the less! there are 4 players left as "finalist" and those 4 should be the last four to make 12 BUT they are going to try and bring in more to try out for the team... That's gotta sting

here are 4 players left as "finalist" and those 4 should be the last four to make 12 BUT they are going to try and bring in more to try out for the team... That's gotta sting
Wow. The best possible news. From the first clips released, it was obvious Rickea was going to rule. But Jewel is a fantastic surprise. Beat out Barker, Morrow and Flau'jae! Flau didn't even make the finalists. Extra bonus that Jewel presents as such a likeable, fun, grounded kid.
Great that Rickea and Jewel have this chance to get to know each other and play together!
Maybe the best news, according to my social media director, there is now an official Kea/Jewel dance video on tik tok. LOL perhaps the most important sign of teammate bonding!

Boy will they get a chance to play and dance together. Starting with a few practices for the Europe trip in a couple of weeks, Kea and Jewel will be traveling and playing together for a solid month. Europe starts June 11 and ends June 22. Americup camp starts that day in Colorado and runs through the tourney end on July 11 in Mexico. An incredible bonus jumpstart on the season! Just stay safe, watch what you eat and have the time of your lives ladies.
When was the last time the LVs had players at the 1, 2, and 3 spots on the floor with this much offensive ability?
About 200 years?

Last edited:
UCLA has two also. Betts and Osborne 🙃

but very impressive nonce the less! there are 4 players left as "finalist" and those 4 should be the last four to make 12 BUT they are going to try and bring in more to try out for the team... That's gotta sting

Fair. I swear Osborne has been in college for 10 years. When is she done? Sheesh

I’m excited about the Rickea-Jewel-Destinee trio. Having multiple scoring guards can take you places.
I'd add Tess as a smart, experienced situational sharpshooter, and Powell as experienced PG backup. Huge upgrade in this group. I hope/ believe Sara will step up as a reliable backup for Rickea in the 3 or 4 mins per game our Queen is not on the court lol. This is an impressive group!
Jewel had 23 points and 10 rebounds in one of the scrimmages. I imagine that performance sealed the deal for her to make the team. Rickea was dominating inside she is going to have a fabulous senior season for us.
Stop it. I can only take so much good news. Did they release stats on the scrimmages? Where'd you hear the Jewel gem?
I imagine Morrow will end up making the team to give LSU two players as well. She is in the five of which four will make it.
Morrow and Barker probably will, but it won't necessarily be 4 of the 5 finalists who make the squad. They've said from the start they might bring in additional prospects to complete the roster.

VN Store

Back