Tennessee Lady Vol News

Didn't know Kellie was on the selection committee. Maybe next yr they can make that rule about not selecting their own player
The team is picked by a committee comprised of
Women's National Team Committee
Chair: Jennifer Rizzotti
Dawn Staley
Bethany Donaphin
Dan Padover
Seimone Augustus (Athlete Representative)
DeLisha Milton-Jones (Athlete Representative)

Reactions: LV renaissance
Dawn Staley
Bethany Donaphin
Dan Padover
No linkie? Reference required.

Hope Rickea and Jewel have a great time and make the team.

Dawn Staley
Bethany Donaphin
Dan Padover
Could this list be fm last time? I think DS was involved then. Or maybe ole Kellie is just crashing the party bc the tweet above definitely says she on the selection committee. Maybe she just can't wait to see RJ and Jewel play together.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Could this list be fm last time? I think DS was involved then. Or maybe ole Kellie is just crashing the party bc the tweet above definitely says she on the selection committee. Maybe she just can't wait to see RJ and Jewel play together.
Agreed. Looks like an old list.

I think this is how NIL is supposed to work.

Very interesting lady in the middle there. Ann Baker Furrow is legendary around here. She played golf on the UT Men's Golf team in the mid 60's bc there was no women's team and she was that good. Later she was on the UT Board of Trustees for years and has always been a big LV supporter. Married another E. TN legend, Sam Furrow, the king of auctioneers and a mega successful businessman. Their daughter Lee Ann runs the automotive group now. Sam's mentor was Big Jim Haslem and he's been very close to them for years. If the Furrows could bring the Haslems onboard with LV NIL it would be green grass and high times forever.

Very good take by Kellie on how Pat would have dealt w NIL.

If either of our girls make the team probably won't be able to go on the Europe trip as training camp is June 20th to 30th. I think the trip starts June 11th which would be a close window by the time the trip was over to go right to training camp. If selected they may do both just very close dates to deal with that case.

If either of our girls make the team probably won't be able to go on the Europe trip as training camp is June 20th to 30th. I think the trip starts June 11th which would be a close window by the time the trip was over to go right to training camp. If selected they may do both just very close dates to deal with that case.
We talked about this when RJ first got selected for the tryout. This would be an extremely tight window with the Europe trip June 11-22. Possible if someone makes the Americup team they would just report back to Colorado Springs a couple of days late. I have to think this was all worked out in advance or else the LVs wouldn't have pushed for or accepted an invitation to the trial for RJ. They had to know she's very likely to make this team. She's also a player they'd most definitely want in the Europe practices and games for a head start on blending the new team. Also, no way you'd deprive a player from a trip to Italy and Greece with her team for a week in Mexico with Angel and whoever else makes the USA team.

Bottom line, if either player does both tours, they are going to be on the court almost constantly from now till mid July. Lots and lots of extra practice and good life experiences. Bonus points if it's Rickea and Jewel together for both. Great bonding experience. Hope it works out.

We talked about this when RJ first got selected for the tryout. This would be an extremely tight window with the Europe trip June 11-22. Possible if someone makes the Americup team they would just report back to Colorado Springs a couple of days late. I have to think this was all worked out in advance or else the LVs wouldn't have pushed for or accepted an invitation to the trial for RJ. They had to know she's very likely to make this team. She's also a player they'd most definitely want in the Europe practices and games for a head start on blending the new team. Also, no way you'd deprive a player from a trip to Italy and Greece with her team for a week in Mexico with Angel and whoever else makes the USA team.

Bottom line, if either player does both tours, they are going to be on the court almost constantly from now till mid July. Lots and lots of extra practice and good life experiences. Bonus points if it's Rickea and Jewel together for both. Great bonding experience. Hope it works out.

Imo this is a good problem to have. So glad to have some players on that stage again. With charter flights we can get them there. Hope both girls show out and make the team!

With charter flights we can get them there. Hope both girls show out and make the team!
Ah the beauty of charter flights! Rickea, on the flight from Greece back to Colorado, is like THIS is why I stayed. Meanwhile players in the W folding those long legs into economy class for a trip to Indiana.

Vols beat Bama in Football Vols beat Bama in Men's Hoops Vols beat Bama in W Hoops Vols beat Bama in Baseball Vols beat Bama in Softball Vols beat Bama in Tennis Vols beat Bama in W Tennis Vols beat Bama in Volleyball Vols beat Bama in Rowing.

We've really had a great year versus Bama.

Looks like Rickea gained about 3k followers after the USA basketball post, I hope she really promotes herself more, she shouldn’t have less than 500k followers in my opinion.
Hopefully a few of the 3K made it over to slide 5 and were as impressed with that sweet up and under move as they were with the from behind move in the first slide.

Last edited:
yeah I think you're right give me an ooops on that one.

How many players make that USA team cause I saw where they were down to 19 and both Rickea and Jewel were still on it.

VN Store

Back