Welcome Jewel Spear B🍊🍊M

Don't fall for the hype from that Em poster! Has said some trash a$$ takes about our players and other veiled negative comments about other players that made it seem personal!
Just look at the tweet in the comments. Seems to have a strong stance on using or not using the term Lady Vol

To me this means that if she puts up 10 3's in a game she is gonna miss 6-7 time, Not too good to me! (You could say in this case I'm a glass half full guy";)
LOL you may be a 3 pt curmudgeon for sure. Upper 30s is good, 40 is very, very good. But there's other factors involved. Tess is actually a better % shooter, probably around 40%. But the reason we needed to bring in another shooting guard is that so far Tess has really struggled to even get her shot off against good/elite teams. Spear has more of a step back, side step 3. In combo, they make a really, really nice offensive SG tandem. And Tess is very likely to improve this offseason, just like she did last yr.

Perimeter D has also been an ongoing issue and hopefully Spear gives us an upgrade in lateral quicks there.

Coulibaly is no longer considering us.

Unfortunate if true. The one area Kellie hasn't really addressed in the offseason is the huge rebounding void Horston leaves behind, which is further exacerbated with Key's health still in question. Coulibaly really would have helped...

And where is she going and why the heck is it taking so long?

I wish she'd go back to Auburn. I feel really bad for Johnnie who put in her asst coach dues for so long and now just can't catch a break.
I feel she will end up at Auburn. Bc you only get 3 visits. And she already used 2 for us and A&M but never announced so

Unfortunate if true. The one area Kellie hasn't really addressed in the offseason is the huge rebounding void Horston leaves behind, which is further exacerbated with Key's health still in question. Coulibaly really would have helped...

Like Key and Hollingshed don’t exist or something. You crack me up. Turn the lights on in mommy’s basement and go get some fresh air darthie.

To me this means that if she puts up 10 3's in a game she is gonna miss 6-7 time, Not too good to me! (You could say in this case I'm a glass half full guy";)

37% from three gives you 11 pts for every ten shots

That is equivalent to 55% from the two pt. zone.

The big difference between Tess and Jewell (at least based on last season) is that Jewell can get open more readily.

Last edited:

That is equivalent to 52% from the two pt. zone.

The big difference between Tess and Jewell (at least based on last season) is that Jewell can get open more readily.

Jewel has a nice handle and can get to the basket when needed as well. Also has potential to be a much better rebounder.

Tess has the heart of a lion and a beautiful shot, but there are some athletic gifts she just doesn’t possess.

Like Key and Hollingshed don’t exist or something. You crack me up. Turn the lights on in mommy’s basement and go get some fresh air darthie.

Thanks for the suggestion oh one who has me "blocked 100% of the time."

Hollingshead is fine, but after that? Again, Key's health is in question, and even at 100% she is a poor defensive rebounder. Horston was an exceptional rebounder, and Franklin was the best pure rebounder on the team given the minutes she played. Not sure who is going to make up that difference...

That is equivalent to 52% from the two pt. zone.

I think she can get her % a lil higher, she takes a lot of tough 3’s. If they double Rickea and she kicks it out to Spear she could shoot over 40% easily.

Thanks for the suggestion oh one who has me "blocked 100% of the time."

Hollingshead is fine, but after that? Again, Key's health is in question, and even at 100% she is a poor defensive rebounder. Horston was an exceptional rebounder, and Franklin was the best pure rebounder on the team given the minutes she played. Not sure who is going to make up that difference...
She has moved up to 8 rebounds a game average her last full season in 26 minutes. Sure she should be better for her height, but we can live with her getting 8 a game and Jill doing the same. We still need to add a strong rebounder to the roster.

She has moved up to 8 rebounds a game average her last full season in 26 minutes. Sure she should be better for her height, but we can live with her getting 8 a game and Jill doing the same. We still need to add a strong rebounder to the roster.

Right. My biggest point is the bigs are going to get theirs, but Horston was the biggest X-factor in why Tennessee has crushed opponents on the boards these last few seasons. A strong rebounding perimeter player like Coulibaly would have been perfect for that role. Without someone comparable, I'm not sure Tennessee's rebounding domination will continue...

Right. My biggest point is the bigs are going to get theirs, but Horston was the biggest X-factor in why Tennessee has crushed opponents on the boards these last few seasons. A strong rebounding perimeter player like Coulibaly would have been perfect for that role. Without someone comparable, I'm not sure Tennessee's rebounding domination will continue...
Have to wonder what she is doing. Staying at Auburn, going to A&M, Tennessee? No word on her.

Wow! Now, you are Horston advocate after trashing her most of her LV career...... cry those crocodile tears Elvee

LV’s are now serious contenders next year, especially if Key comes back to her sophomore level. They will be in the chase for the SEC championship, no doubts. Congrats Rocky Top. Do you play LSU at home or on the road next season? Either way it will be must watch TV for the nation of WBB fans.

My way too early prediction for the SEC final rankings:

LSU/UT in the 1/2 positions, no order predicted, could go either way.
3 SC
4 OM
5 aTm
6 MSU
7 UGA
P.S……..Holl I expect to make the biggest leap next year which would make the roster pretty formidable if she does as expected. Also, I wonder if the LV season record for 3’s made will be eclipsed next year? Good chance.

edit: looks like Morrow to LSU…adv LSU for 1 spot imo. Morrow/HVL/Reese, damn.

Last edited:
LV’s are now serious contenders next year, especially if Key comes back to her sophomore level. They will be in the chase for the SEC championship, no doubts. Congrats Rocky Top. Do you play LSU at home or on the road next season? Either way it will be must watch TV for the nation of WBB fans.
These games!!! MY LORD. It’s gonna be hard to not watch them all. We’re basically WNBA Jr G-League rn. I never expected this many girls to transfer in. And basically all the top ones. LSU should be at home.

While talking about our rebounders, Rickea should be included. Last year, while Horston averaged 6.4 rebounds, Rickea averaged 6.1 rebounds per game.

Kellie has always stressed the importance of rebounding, someone currently on our roster will rebound more, or someone new.

While talking about our rebounders, Rickea should be included. Last year, while Horston averaged 6.4 rebounds, Rickea averaged 6.1 rebounds per game.

Kellie has always stressed the importance of rebounding, someone currently on our roster will rebound more, or someone new.
Really were not hurting that much. We need another post player so we will always have two bigs in the game. Horston played guard but served as a big for rebounding. If you have two bigs and Rickea your going to be fine on the boards.

My way too early prediction for the SEC final rankings:

LSU/UT in the 1/2 positions, no order predicted, could go either way.
3 SC
4 OM
5 aTm
6 MSU
7 UGA
P.S……..Holl I expect to make the biggest leap next year which would make the roster pretty formidable if she does as expected. Also, I wonder if the LV season record for 3’s made will be eclipsed next year? Good chance.

edit: looks like Morrow to LSU…adv LSU for 1 spot imo.
I think Georgia’s Coach is so much better than Texas A&M’s, she may do more with less.

VN Store

Back