Lady Vols add Farragut standout from transfer portal (Avery Strickland)

For all the people that don’t like what I’ve said, please tell me what do u think her numbers will be this season and will she be all Sec 1st or 2nd team?
To add I don't mind what you said as I don't see a way for her to be first or second team SEC. I am looking at her as a reliable player off the bench for us and hope she can fill that role with efficient play. If she can score 9 a game and not turn it over or make bad decisions with the ball she can help us and that is all we need her to do. I'm still looking for a strong starter out of the portal that has not changed.

Reactions: VolFuture
Let's let the girl have a chance before banishing her to irrelevance.....She may just work out....Give her a chance...
She is going to be able to knock down some threes no doubt. She has a beautiful shot from there. She probably hits about 60 instead of 35 at Pitt they seldom passed her the ball when she was wide open.

To add I don't mind what you said as I don't see a way for her to be first or second team SEC. I am looking at her as a reliable player off the bench for us and hope she can fill that role with efficient play. If she can score 9 a game and not turn it over or make bad decisions with the ball she can help us and that is all we need her to do. I'm still looking for a strong starter out of the portal that has not changed.
If she can give 8-12 a night that’s a solid pickup.

You don't really get much of a chance with Vol fans including me sometimes. I guess we should let her play a game or two before we get hostile.

I mean she will be coming in with a year of experience and development under her belt and surrounded by better players. Ace is a player that Kellie must see as someone who can play a posittive role in her system. So, I look at next season more as a statement about Kellie-ball than any one recruit.

I think she will get about 15 minutes a game and go for about 9 points and 2 rebounds. I think she will shoot the three at about 36 percent and make about 40 to 50 of them next season. I would say she wouldn't be a starter, but Darby is so it might be possible.
I think is she plays about 15 mins she will score around 5-6 points.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I mean she will be coming in with a year of experience and development under her belt and surrounded by better players. Ace is a player that Kellie must see as someone who can play a posittive role in her system. So, I look at next season more as a statement about Kellie-ball than any one recruit.
I see her as a positive after watching several games on youtube of her play last season. She could've done a lot more some of her teammates were ball hogs.

I see her as a positive after watching several games on youtube of her play last season. She could've done a lot more some of her teammates were ball hogs.
I did notice that she would ask for the ball sometimes and her teammates would just shoot. But I just look at what she does when she has the ball in her hands and movement without the ball.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I agree with this and that’s all I’ve said, we need an elite shooting guard at a minimum from the portal.

She is going to be able to knock down some threes no doubt. She has a beautiful shot from there. She probably hits about 60 instead of 35 at Pitt they seldom passed her the ball when she was wide open.
Do u think she will improve on her 50% free throw shooting? And I know she didn’t take a lot but if that’s the case the % should have been higher.

I did notice that she would ask for the ball sometimes and her teammates would just shoot. But I just look at what she does when she has the ball in her hands and movement without the ball.
I have come to the conclusion that she is a good addition to the team. I think she is capable of 38 to 40 percent from the three. Were looking for people that can shoot the three and not turn the ball over very much she fits that very well.

Also play a game or two before being annoited the second coming. The overinflation is as excessive as any of the complaining. Comical at times.

It's similar to the stages of grief. Now we're at the stage where we're fawning over clips and trying to talk ourselves into this actually being an impactful signing...

Reactions: glv98
It's similar to the stages of grief. Now we're at the stage where we're fawning over clips and trying to talk ourselves into this actually being an impactful signing...
I’ve watched full games with her and I think if she takes the Miles spot I don’t have a problem with that.

The point of the transfer portal was to upgrade that spot, not to fill it with another benchwarmer...
I’m with u on that, the only positive I can hanger onto is that we still have some players that can give us an upgrade, I pray everyday we get them.

VN Store

Back