Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes…. The tournament is all strictly luck….. oh great wise one. 🤪
I didn't say that it was luck..I actually said they were a really good team that got really hot at the right time...you obviously have to be a pretty good team with a good coach to get in consistently...but in the tourney it is all about getting hot for 6 games, and getting hot is not just luck, but it has nothing to do with coaching.

I've tried to watch LIV twice and made it about 5 minutes each time. Not sure if I'm just older than I feel, but can't do it. It feels like they're trying to cash in on F1 popularity. Take two of the least similar things and shove them together. A golf event with F1 weekend atmosphere.

Golf, but louder.
Soccer, but exciting.
Hockey, but civilized.
Nascar, but refined.
Tennis, that's popular.
Baseball, quickly.
It's garbage

Do you think he was really in the bathroom, or banging his assistant? It looked like she was adjusting her outfit when she came into the scene, and left open to interpretation?!?
I think they leave it to interpretation. I think the whole confusion of what happened and how everyone is acting on the plane is part of it.

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
All LIV did was reveal the motivations of the players who left the Tours that made their careers to go play on it. It's goofy golf that is less physically demanding that will preserve the skillsets the quality golfers who joined it longer.

If Tiger's motivation was money, he could have gone to the LIV and extended his career with his bum leg. He chose to not abandon what he worked hard to build and grow. Rory, JT and others deserve credit for doing likewise.

If guys want to go the LIV route, more power to them. They just should not expect the same level of support from the other tours they left because they are not playing the game the same way with their format and setups.

And yet... people keep posting him...makes you wonder if his whole schtick is posting takes to get people to repost and react, not to provide quality content. Maybe don't indulge him so he'll go away?
That's not really the point of twitter. Twitter is where you go to have debates and throw-downs. That's why Vol-twitter is so well know.

All LIV did was reveal the motivations of the players who left the Tours that made their careers to go play on it. It's goofy golf that is less physically demanding that will preserve the skillsets the quality golfers who joined it longer.

If Tiger's motivation was money, he could have gone to the LIV and extended his career with his bum leg. He chose to not abandon what he worked hard to build and grow. Rory, JT and others deserve credit for doing likewise.

If guys want to go the LIV route, more power to them. They just should not expect the same level of support from the other tours they left because they are not playing the game the same way with their format and setups.

I disagree. It's not just about money, it's a wake-up call to the stodgy old white boys that have been controlling the PGA tour for years. Notice how quickly the PGA tour is changing their rules to try and keep the top golfers they still have?

I don't watch regular tour events anymore because half of the golfers are guys whose names I've never heard of before. Korn Ferry tour players?

Golf is golf. Koepka, Mickelson, and Reed just proved that on Sunday.

Hey appreciate all the advice on the brisket smoking..That wind really messed me up,I damn near had to build a casket to put the thing in.Folks said it was good Yada Yada but I just think with the time and energy invested I expected much better.I just hold my cooking to a certain standard but thanks again for all the info.Man that flat Brisket is a beast in itself though def need to hone my craft some..
I’ve done a few and just determined it’s easier to go yo my local bbq shack and let them do it. I like to smoke Boston butts, wings, ribs, chicken,

Reactions: BigSteve09
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back