The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

At what point do you start to place blame on the player ? Bottom line is they have a job. That job is to score points and prevent the other from scoring. It's not a complicated game. Missing layups on Barnes ? What about free throws ? How many free throws you shoot as a kid ? They have to show up and play the game.
Recruit players who can.

I know this team was handicapped. I know they pulled off a great win against Duke. I also know that they are infinitely more talented than FAU even without ZZ. Barnes needs to jump into the 21st century and find some dogs that can score. Because we have 1 (with a torn ACL) maybe 2 I can't hate on Santi. Defense is great. It hasn't gotten us anywhere.

Sometimes cindarella keeps riding. Those two teams will match up pretty well against each other. It wouldn’t shock me to see a close game.
I don’t think they can stop Nowell & Kenyatta he had 20 assist and I think 20 point s MSU tonight. That’s what we don’t have a scorer / assist guy that shows up every game.

Whoever thought up the throw inside to Uros, back to the basket, and let him make a move early in the game is no longer allowed to game plan. He should have been throwing it back out for the 3-point shot and getting rebounding position. Absolutely everything was wrong tonight.
yeah we definitely got out-coached. I blame the assistants. Barnes needs to bring in some more young blood.

Phillips didn't show much of an offense game all year. Not very assertive. A major disappointment, really. KSU and MSU score about 90 each and we
barely cross the 50-point mark....

Enjoy it while you can FAU. You are a Mid-Major. Your coach will likely get promoted to a real school and your AD given a new job. Then you can suck again and your fans can go back to cheering for whatever real school they actually root for.

Weird flex considering they've only been D1 since 1993 and already matched our E8 total.

Reactions: vol94
I know this team was handicapped. I know they pulled off a great win against Duke. I also know that they are infinitely more talented than FAU even without ZZ. Barnes needs to jump into the 21st century and find some dogs that can score. Because we have 1 (with a torn ACL) maybe 2 I can't hate on Santi. Defense is great. It hasn't gotten us anywhere.
Are we really infinitely more talented if we only have one guy who can score consistently?

I presume he was deemed to be the odd man out with us facing a four-guard lineup.
Likely but he could have played the 5. I just don’t understand why Barnes didn’t use him. Plavsic had 2 rebounds and Nkamhoua only 4. Awaka would have gotten 6 boards in 6 minutes. Not sure how many second chances pts or scores from offensive rebounds FAU got but it seemed like a bunch. Plus Awaka is a good offensive rebounder too.

honestly think we need to do a sports medicine review. seems like the injury (and specifically acl) bug have hit a lot of our teams this year.
I mean, they look in excellent shape, and certainly aren't breathing hard when playing that dominating defense, but there was a lot of strange injuries-- ACL, Hip flexor, etc.

Reactions: barney

VN Store

Back