The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

I wouldn't have worded it like that but let's quit pretending JJJ was a difference maker.
thats all we heard when Tn was losing 4-9 that we was missing Phillips and JJJ like they was the missing links. Phillips is a project player and thats about it. Maybe he can transfer and get some coaching and be all world, he will not get that here. JJJ is just decent

Very nice season by Vols considering injuries. Duke game was special. Madly inconsistent squad overall and Rick has to get a more productive transfer guard than Tyreke. Vescovi will sorely be missed. Kansas State would have destroyed Tennessee minus Zeigler and it would have been fun to see a healthy Zakai go against Noelle who is a great player. Anyway FAU is a solid team that shot and rebounded well. Their overall athleticism and depth were the difference. I will miss seeing these guys play.

That Kansas State guard who was dropping dimes would have sliced and diced his way through Tennessee had the Vols won tonight.

Solid season and a special win over Duke.

Reactions: amaralfan1
No big time transfer who can score will come here, and no high school high scorer wil ever come here bc Barnes handicaps then with his lame ass defense and then turns around and gets out rebounded by a mid major who out hustled, and muscled us tonight… it’s so frustrating watching this year n and year out.
I'm afraid you are right as far as transfers go. It won't matter for prep recruits because Barnes would never offer a purely Offensive player who isnt defensively minded. Regardless, it's college basketball. Any trip to the Sweet 16 means it was a very good season.

Good season but a really disappointing ending. I guess we should have been expecting one of those offensive clunkers that we’ve thrown up at times. This might have been one of the all time clunkers. Looked like a bad church league team shooting the ball. And to be out rebounded by Tattoo and his band of Munchkins is worse than pitiful.

Told my wife that we were in trouble after basically dominating the first half and were only up by 5. Didn’t think it would get worse though. Boy was I wrong. We did not deserve to go any farther than we did.

Felt the same way. We needed to be up by 10-12 pts. the way that first half went, and it caught up with us. The awful defensive board play was the worst part, just way too many second chance points. We looked so slow on offense, couldn't create any open looks and had to keep forcing contested shots late in the shot clock. We really missed ZZ tonight.

Rick has to recruit some shooters and guys who can get their own shot if we're ever going to get beyond this point. Great defense will win you games and get you to the NCAA's, but without shooting and offensive creators there will always be a ceiling to how far you can advance.

This is absolutely true. BUT, they will rip your f***ing heart out.

- Football team only has to beat USCjr to get into the playoff
- Baseball team is one of the best college teams ever and doesn’t make the CWS
- Basketball has a ”realistic“ path to the FF and loses to a lower seeded mid-major yet again

and yes, I’m happy for all we DID accomplish but damn I am so sick of getting my hopes up and continuing to be let down. I’m not a “nega Vol” just someone who has had a really sh*tty 3 years and would like my Vols to finish the job in one freaking sport for me.
Hey , even the Cubs eventually won a World Series..even after having a fan rob them of one. It will happen someday.

Good season but a really disappointing ending. I guess we should have been expecting one of those offensive clunkers that we’ve thrown up at times. This might have been one of the all time clunkers. Looked like a bad church league team shooting the ball. And to be out rebounded by Tattoo and his band of Munchkins is worse than pitiful.

Told my wife that we were in trouble after basically dominating the first half and were only up by 5. Didn’t think it would get worse though. Boy was I wrong. We did not deserve to go any farther than we did.
Tattoo and his band of munchkins! Love it!

K State would have pounded us next, so might as well get it over with tonight. GBO

Maybe, but if this team just hits 45% from the field they are a tough out for anyone. The main reason those long rebounds off missed shots and so many missed shots. They have proven this but we all knew this type of game was coming and it would dash any potential win streak because when it happens they cant beat anyone.

Big moment for sure. Santi’s missed 3 that would have cut it to 2 (and resulted in a layup on the other end( felt like the moment we could have fought back for the win.
Yeah, just the way had gone, just knew they weren’t going in. Something about msg and shooting for this team. Just not good.

33% from the field is disgraceful. Nkamhoua not having a shot til the second half is inexcusable. Key playing more minutes than anyone is a mistake, and I’m pretty sure he played more than everyone. He’s a walking handicap. Letting that team get more than 3 consecutive baskets merits a time out. Rick barnes is solely responsible for the 20-4 run that lost us this game. We lost the game in the last 10 minutes, that’s embarrassing. This whole season was the tale of two teams, injury after injury, missed shot after missed shot. Proud of them for beating bama, and for beating duke last week, but overall the seasons a failure and every member of the program knows it. Hope they get their sh!t together this summer, replace key through the portal with an actual scoring threat, and for god sakes learn how to make a pissing free throw.

Refs didn’t cause this loss. You aren’t beating anybody in the Sweet Sixteen shooting 30% and getting outhustled all night.
I'm not saying the refs caused the loss. I'm saying with fairer officiating, we might could have eked out a close win. But unfair officiating made our offensive challenges insurmountable.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Barnes needs to recruit some Admirals. Show some emotion and heart, dang it. That last huddle no one seemed to be that bothered by the choke. I can't believe I'm saying this, but someone out there cry lol

That's ridiculous. He needs to recruit some guys who can put the ball in the basket, not guys who will cry when they lose.

VN Store

Back