The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

Good season but a really disappointing ending. I guess we should have been expecting one of those offensive clunkers that we’ve thrown up at times. This might have been one of the all time clunkers. Looked like a bad church league team shooting the ball. And to be out rebounded by Tattoo and his band of Munchkins is worse than pitiful.

Told my wife that we were in trouble after basically dominating the first half and were only up by 5. Didn’t think it would get worse though. Boy was I wrong. We did not deserve to go any farther than we did.

Good thing FAU won instead of FDU, right? I mean, if FDU had won we would have lost by 30! I am so glad that the 16-seed didn’t win because it would have been so scary facing the 274th ranked team instead of a Top-20 team. Phew, we really dodged a bullet!

I have no problem telling anyone who wanted FAU over FDU they didn't have a damn clue what the hell they were talking about.

No matter how great our defense was, our poor offense and shooting was our downfall. Barnes never could solve that riddle all year. Seniors shot 31.1% FG in their last game.

Reactions: jbr82
He isn’t the difference by any means. We just have zero guys who are anywhere close to consistent on offense. We complain about free throw disparity yet can’t hit those either. Rebounding isn’t great and tonight was probably the worst I’ve ever seen and it’s really inexcusable. I guess we’ll finish as the best defensive team in the country though with 11 losses. That’s pretty clearly tells us where the issues are. Maybe Barnes should start playing guys even if they don’t guard that well.
When Santi has to handle ball handling responsibilities he is unable to spend time on the court working to get open . They play off each other .

Reactions: Tenacjim
Barnes have had offensive teams with Grant and Admiral-- It's not his fault. He creates great teams. I prayed he would win mostly so I didn't have to hear so called fans yell that he needs to be fired or he's not a good enough coach.

Yep. Like i said earlier, TN’s best offensive teams didn’t even make it past the S16. It just “felt” better because fans like watching teams that score. At the end of the day, few will recognize just how great defensively this team was this year.

Reactions: JCP201
Recruit some offense in the off season. See ya next year.
I don’t think it will help…love CRB but he needs to change the offense. This offense is too old school.., Either that or recruit another Williams and Schofield…I don’t get it. Change the offense…

Exactly , I mean ZZ was a bit of a one off and lucky to have him. He kind of landed in our lap as an under the radar guy. Got to have more options at PG.

Frankly, I don't think the issue is just PG, I think we don't have shooters or gamers. That is our issue. Oh well, Sweet 16 was great. Who we lost to was probably embarrassing but I felt this team was a train wreck (especially the way Missouri beat them in Nashville) already going into March and they lived up to their seed.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
I had fun this season. I remember a time when 20+ wins and a sweet 16 seemed like too much to ask, and 14 YO me would whoop my ass for not appreciating these guys and this season, even if it was a roller coaster.

agree - lack of guard play showed tonight. FAU has the same formula as a Villanova when they won it all - great ball handlers and shooters everywhere.

It’s on Barnes that his number 1 PG is undersized and he doesn’t have another one ready. Sad
At what point do you start to place blame on the player ? Bottom line is they have a job. That job is to score points and prevent the other from scoring. It's not a complicated game. Missing layups on Barnes ? What about free throws ? How many free throws you shoot as a kid ? They have to show up and play the game.

Reactions: Lurker
Barnes needs to recruit some Admirals. Show some emotion and heart, dang it. That last huddle no one seemed to be that bothered by the choke. I can't believe I'm saying this, but someone out there cry lol

VN Store

Back