The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

Without ZZ can’t free up anyone to shoot

He isn’t the difference by any means. We just have zero guys who are anywhere close to consistent on offense. We complain about free throw disparity yet can’t hit those either. Rebounding isn’t great and tonight was probably the worst I’ve ever seen and it’s really inexcusable. I guess we’ll finish as the best defensive team in the country though with 11 losses. That’s pretty clearly tells us where the issues are. Maybe Barnes should start playing guys even if they don’t guard that well.

Say what you want but this one hurts. We should have been up 10 plus at the half. They adjusted at the half and TN came out looking lost on both sides of the ball. FAU out rebounded us and appeared to want it more. Maybe we were tired since they are quicker. But we shouldn’t 💩 the bed in the 2nd half of sweet 16 game Vs a 9 seed. We don’t have an offense and defense can’t win every game.

Go Vols! Thanks for the sweet 16 appearance and beating Duke.

Wow, another disappointing loss. Defense let us down in the second half and the office could not keep up. Regardless, it was still a good season, despite not quite living up to our potential.

Embarrassing. We didn't lose because our offense suxed, though it did. We lost because gave up 40 points in the second half
after holding them to 22 points in the first half! We let them DOUBLE their point total in the 2nd half! That's pathetic. What happened
to the defense? Embarrassing loss.

Bottom line, didn’t bring that energy they had against Duke. If they would’ve played every team like they played Duke, this would’ve been a different season

Yeah but we had 8 years to get a Point Guard and Players. At some point, you have to get the players. Same in Football, you can't use an excuse about not having a QB after 3-4 years. We need to recruit/develop players better.
Exactly , I mean ZZ was a bit of a one off and lucky to have him. He kind of landed in our lap as an under the radar guy. Got to have more options at PG.

VN Store

Back