Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think you know what a communist is. Wanting folks to be able to be paid their market value is a pretty capitalist notion.
The real capitalist would probably notice that college kids were paid market value the entire time, if we assume they know what "market value" means. What you're really arguing for is some concept of fairness that has nothing to do with the market.

Where was the competition for 18-21 year old football players? For over a millennium the only game in town was the evil NCAA, enslaving these poor kids. And while perfectly legal, any attempt to compete with them failed spectacularly, with virtually no football players who had an option forgoing the NCAA. Weird.

It's a silly argument that no one ever holds with any level of consistency. Never heard someone say the salary cap in the NFL is an affront to people making their true "market value"? What is the principle difference beyond different numbers?

Very few people would argue against NIL in theory or the points raised by SCOTUS. And yet. The NCAA has proven their point as well, with the rampant pay for play that immediately engulfed NIL. And making the case against pay for play is anything but anti-free market or driven out of jealousy. That is just projection as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Well VN..Got some bad news..Hubby and I have contracted Covid but we’re not sure where..Lost my sense of smell and taste..Started chilling earlier this evening..My whole body hurts to touch..Runny nose and congestion..Covid is a b**** and don’t have time for this crap..So if you nice people could pray for both of us, that would be great..Thank you!
Love,
SHG and hubby
Go Vols!!🎉🧡🤍🍊🏀
🙏

The real capitalist would probably notice that college kids were paid market value the entire time, if we assume they know what "market value" means. What you're really arguing for is some concept of fairness that has nothing to do with the market.

Where was the competition for 18-21 year old football players? For over a millennium the only game in town was the evil NCAA, enslaving these poor kids. And while perfectly legal, any attempt to compete with them failed spectacularly, with virtually no football players who had an option forgoing the NCAA. Weird.

It's a silly argument that no one ever holds with any level of consistency. Never heard someone say the salary cap in the NFL is an affront to people making their true "market value"? What is the principle difference beyond different numbers?

Very few people would argue against NIL in theory or the points raised by SCOTUS. And yet. The NCAA has proven their point as well, with the rampant pay for play that immediately engulfed NIL. And making the case against pay for play is anything but anti-free market or driven out of jealousy. That is just projection as far as I'm concerned.
You’ve really taken time to think this through. Maybe we just need to create a minor league and drop the whole unvalued free education, etc. Just let it be pay for play.

Well VN..Got some bad news..Hubby and I have contracted Covid but we’re not sure where..Lost my sense of smell and taste..Started chilling earlier this evening..My whole body hurts to touch..Runny nose and congestion..Covid is a b**** and don’t have time for this crap..So if you nice people could pray for both of us, that would be great..Thank you!
Love,
SHG and hubby
Go Vols!!🎉🧡🤍🍊🏀
1679540321975.gif

Love,
SHG and hubby
Go Vols!!🎉🧡🤍🍊🏀
Prayers for a quick recovery.

Love,
SHG and hubby
Go Vols!!🎉🧡🤍🍊🏀
Prayers. God’s got ya

If fans were going to rebel, I figured they would have done it off the bat. Then when it became the norm over time, they'd come back.

Still don't get it regardless. Weird joy to only want to watch if they're financially below you 😵‍💫

So should I be donating 5 figures annually for the privilege of buying tickets to see professionals? See, that's the problem. I won't. I've spent 100x on college sports what I have on pro, but I'm already starting to rethink that. I can watch from home for free. Just like I do for pro.

And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that I have more money than them, it's more paternal, like watching my kids or grandkids.

Glad there is an absence of likes on this asinine post.

Forbidding a human from making money isn't allowing them to make market value. It's not capitalism. You're not even remotely close to arguing against the point people were making about the situation. You just made up an argument no one was making and attacked that.

Could be a new Ninja Copperhead, with fangs & katana blades! You have no idea where they are, or what they're capable of...

What if some how the Copperhead had babies with a death adder?!! Then you have a completely invisible death machine with a 110% lethal bite!

I'm never leafing my house again.
🙀😹

Reactions: Jackcrevol
My brain is jello.

I am halfway through an exam that I started at 8am and is due at 8am tomorrow.

But now I think I'm an expert in the oxyanion adsorption and phases of selenium and the attentuation of lead. Two things I've never done any work on in my life and seemed totally irrelevant 🥴😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back