Coach K's Thoughts on Tennessee-Duke Game.

Sudden Impact

Who we are is what We do with what We have!
Last edited:
Even Duke’s current coach never complained about the officiating. The only people complaining were mainly Bilas and the media kept the story going. He claims more people agree with him but most I have seen do not. How anyone could see the foul that caused the cut to flip as flagrant is quite frankly nuts. Aidoo arms were up and Flip is up under him in his cylinder. Aidoo arms are virtually straight up and as he is coming down his elbow catches Flip. On Uros yes he jumped over fast and hard into Flip but he put on a major Flop. The contact wasn’t near as hard as what it looked like. Bilas just made a mountain out of them 2 calls because he was mad Tennessee kicked their rears. That’s the real story! GBO

Last edited:
Even Duke’s current coach never complained about the officiating. The only people complaining were mainly Bilas and the media kept the story going. He claims more people agree with him but most I have seen do not. How anyone could see the foul that caused the cut to flip as flagrant is quite frankly nuts. Uros arms were up and Flip is up under him in his cylinder. Uros arms arms are virtually straight up and as he is coming down his elbow catches Flip. End of story. GBO
Wasn’t Uros that cut Flip. It was Jonas. End of story.

Flip actually fouled Aidoo's elbow with his face

Well, that's what is rediculous about that particular event. A foul should have been called on Filipowski who literally crashed into Aidoo who had full control of the rebound. Then in natural securing of the ball, crushed his face with bow. It was a bad non-call that should have favored TN. Just because blood was drawn does not determine who was at fault.

Then Aidoo sent outlet to Vescovi who was called for an offensive on their Guard because the ball hit him in the face as SV drove past. Now, I'm not sure @ the rule on that at all. But, SV never touched the guy and this is the reason he protested so much when the guy flopped. Maybe hitting someone with the ball can be a foul if unintentional? I'm not sure. But, I do know that Duke got possession of that ball in that whole brutal event.

But, Bilas making it look like a TN football game is just embarrassing for him and his profession. He has an agenda and it's obvious!

Well, that's what is rediculous about that particular event. A foul should have been called on Filipowski who literally crashed into Aidoo who had full control of the rebound. Then in natural securing of the ball, crushed his face with bow. It was a bad non-call that should have favored TN. Just because blood was drawn does not determine who was at fault.

Then Aidoo sent outlet to Vescovi who was called for an offensive on their Guard because the ball hit him in the face as SV drove past. Now, I'm not sure @ the rule on that at all. But, SV never touched the guy and this is the reason he protested so much when the guy flopped. Maybe hitting someone with the ball can be a foul if unintentional? I'm not sure. But, I do know that Duke got possession of that ball in that whole brutal event.

But, Bilas making it look like a TN football game is just embarrassing for him and his profession. He has an agenda and it's obvious!
We still won. :)

VN Store

Back