Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
They both shoot about 38-39% from the field.

Nowell 35% from 3, ZZ 31%.

Nowell is a baller for sure. Just adding more context.
Maybe he just got hot shooting against UK...but he looked slick as hell with the ball running the point...9 assists and there were several highlight passes.

I did not mean just shooting is what I am saying.

I love Z and wouldn't trade him for anybody...but I would love to have an offensive spark plug like that too..😁

Perhaps suggesting "complacency" was too far.

However, the Florida loss you mentioned was after a big win (Texas), which started the grumblings through their Vandy and Mizzou losses. When they beat Alabama they acted like everyone in the world was wrong to doubt them and they were turning a corner. Then they lost their next two.

I don't think there's anything ridiculous about saying I hope that they learned from those experiences.
Nothing wrong with "learning"...but you specifically said "complacent"...I disagree and think it is ridiculous to say they were "complacent" against VU or UM or AU...they caught 💩ty refs calling tickytacks on us while they were holding our guys on the screens and off the ball plus several pure garbage calls and got the ole SEC ref screwjob.

If that's not what you meant...then no problem.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Maybe he just got hot shooting against UK...but he looked slick as hell with the ball running the point...9 assists and there were several highlight passes.

I did not mean just shooting is what I am saying.

I love Z and wouldn't trade him for anybody...but I would love to have an offensive spark plug like that too..😁

1000% wish that guy was on the team

Nothing wrong with "learning"...but you specifically said "complacent"...I disagree and think it is ridiculous to say they were "complacent" against VU or UM or AU...they caught 💩ty refs calling tickytacks on us while they were holding our guys on the screens and off the ball plus several pure garbage calls and got the ole SEC ref screwjob.

If that's not what you meant...then no problem.
Not to mention that those are all good teams and it's hard to beat every good team on your schedule lol

Really really really difficult to go undefeated in college basketball

This is weird. I like it.

twss.gif

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Meh. Even if he had "broken the record", he wouldn't really have broken the record. You're comparing what Pete did in 3 years, with no 3-point line, and what this kid did in 5 years with a 3-point line. He's trying to put himself on the same level as Pistol Pete, and the simple truth is he just isn't.
I agree. He's not. I just think it's cool that he came close to breaking it. I was going to make an argument about the number of shots each one took but I would lose that one too. So, you all just carry on. Somebody will break that record some day, maybe.

I agree. He's not. I just think it's cool that he came close to breaking it. I was going to make an argument about the number of shots each one took but I would lose that one too. So, you all just carry on. Somebody will break that record some day, maybe.

Have to be a kid that spends time at a smaller school or is undersized I think. If you're scoring 1k points in a season and at a big school you're likely leaving early for the NBA.

So...sometimes teams get hot and hit shots.
I think it’s a little deeper than that….. here is the stats for the season: 29.4, 30.8(colo), 20.8, 21.7, 16.7, 23.8, 11.8, 6.3, 17.1, 8.3, 20.8, 19.2, 32(ole Miss), 22.2, 15.4, 22.2, 31.3(Kentucky), 26.9, 25.0, 18.2, 29.2, 35(Florida), 11.1, 40(Vandy), 53.0 (Mizz), 37.5 (Bama), 37.5 (Kent), Texas A&M (26.7), 18.2, 36.4(Ark), 36.4(Aub), 35(Ole Miss), 38.5( Mizz) 33.3 Louisiana, 27.3 (Duke)

Here are the stats for every single game…. As you can tell…. We absolutely dominated earlier this year but from the Florida game on…. Our 3 point defense struggle giving up higher % 3’s than what those teams averaged… That leads me to believe that something changed to make teams more effective at the thre point line towards the end of the season…. We did a much better job against Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back