Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't any more physical than a standard p5 game imo. Tennessee does a really good job at getting to spots, blocking shots and lateral movement at close proximity. Fau and fdu were not physical in their game because it was so fast. Alot of missed shots though. Uros box out was hard but I'm on the fence on calling it a foul in the first place. Let alone, dirty. The elbow is a standard move in basketball. You can argue a foul and I'm on board but the dude flopped heavy on that too so hard to call something dirty when the guy that fell was able to control where and how he fell. I think guys like Bilas and Seth are bitter and their fanboy showed in an ugly way.

I think the fau coach is trying to get whistles, which is a p**** move. If I'm an official assigned to the s16 game, I take that attempt at manipulation personally. You won't get whistles from me and I'll actively look to convince the others to let them play because it's tournament ball.
FAU coach is a b****...I do not like him, and I didn't from the time I first started watching them....there is something smarmy, disingenuous and arrogant about him.

If this is legit and people actually lobbied the CBI to keep him from breaking Pistol Pete's record, that is lame and sad, IMO.

Meh. Even if he had "broken the record", he wouldn't really have broken the record. You're comparing what Pete did in 3 years, with no 3-point line, and what this kid did in 5 years with a 3-point line. He's trying to put himself on the same level as Pistol Pete, and the simple truth is he just isn't.

If this is legit and people actually lobbied the CBI to keep him from breaking Pistol Pete's record, that is lame and sad, IMO.

They were 14-19…. They Didn’t deserve to be there… The CBI didn’t take anyone that was below .500…. If he wanted to continue to play…. Earn it!!!!

They didn’t earn a berth. IF they had been invited it would have been a “lame and sad” engineered ploy to get him the record.

This might be alittle controversial but it shouldn’t be… if you are going to “woo” in Rocky Top you need to yell Rocky Top all the way through and not just when they woo….

Listen, some of y'all have a serious mental defect. Hellmann's mayonnaise, the only acceptable mayonnaise, is good, but it doesn't go on everything.

That is the answer. Debate over. You're welcome.
Lots of common sense in this post.

I think there's more room for personal gain by the refs during the season. More eyes are on them during March and when they decide games it's magnified 10x
Good point. I can't watch basketball much because of how much sway refs have over the outcome, but it does seem to be better in the post season.

His team was 14-19 and that 42.4% winning percentage was good enough to rank 253rd of 363 teams so the ONLY reason they would get a CBI invite would have been for him to break a record he honestly doesn't deserve to break. He's been there 5 seasons and that's the most games they've won in a single season while he's played.

In other words CRY ME A RIVER that's the definition of a selfish player.

I also think it's just a way for Davis to get some social media clout. The CBI likely won't comment, but I would almost guarantee you they didn't have them selected anyway. Not with a record that was 5 games below 500.

If Mercy had been 16-17 or something then at least a case could have been made...not saying they didn't get calls or emails, but I 100% believe 14-19 was enough for them to say "no thanks" when every other team was a 500 or better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back