The 2023 March Madness “Other Games” Thread

Speed and full court pressure. We're without ZZ so I have to wonder how we'll handle that. Will be interesting to watch it play out if we do, indeed, get FDU. And it will be almost a home game for FDU. Nope. Don't like this at all.
We are so much talker full court pressure should not be an issue. Just throw over the top. Best way to beat a press.

If we get FDU, wouldn’t be surprised to go 5 small some. Think we may have done it a bit against mizzou.

Vescovi, mashack, Key, JJJ Phillips. Would still have a lot more length and would be able to matchup better defensively
We’d still be taller than their five.

You all need to stop being afraid of FDU. Sheeeesh. FAU is a Top 20 team!!!! FDU IS 274TH!!!!! FDU will not be able to handle our physicality. Stop being scared, we want FDU to win.

While I would easily rather play FDU, I think it also has to be recognized that what a team was in the regular season is irrelevant now. FDU, regardless of how many games they lost in the regular season and regardless of their KenPom ranking, is now playing like a very good team. Now I do think Tennessee should beat them were that to be the team we play (I still think FAU gets the win tonight). However, FDU isn’t a team to be taken lightly at this point. I hope that is something our players recognize.

Reactions: Pennheel
While I would easily rather play FDU, I think it also has to be recognized that what a team was in the regular season is irrelevant now. FDU, regardless of how many games they lost in the regular season and regardless of their KenPom ranking, is now playing like a very good team. Now I do think Tennessee should beat them were that to be the team we play (I still think FAU gets the win tonight). However, FDU isn’t a team to be taken lightly at this point. I hope that is something our players recognize.

I’m not taking them lightly, but if you have an entire week to prepare for a team that is 274th in the nation, then it’s not that big of a deal. Why does anyone on this board want to face the better team? Regardless of who wins MSG will be cheering for the underdog, so the stadium will be against us no matter what.

I’m not taking them lightly, but if you have an entire week to prepare for a team that is 274th in the nation, then it’s not that big of a deal. Why does anyone on this board want to face the better team? Regardless of who wins MSG will be cheering for the underdog, so the stadium will be against us no matter what.

Bingo.

Okay, you guys talked me into it. Go FDU. GImme cinderella.

Reactions: CornbreadVol
How is someone 274th but 1 of 68 teams?

Agreed. Definitely some mental gymnastics going on.

Some of you acting like we want FAU are like the people who ask if we’d rather win the NIT than one and done in the NCAAT.

We want FDU.

Reactions: Coach_Z
Speed kills. We can’t keep up with the speed of them at guard.

Did this board forget we just beat Duke 24 hours ago? But, we’re scared of FDU’s speed and can’t keep up with them….

You all are acting like we don’t have a roster filled with freak athletes like Josiah, Phillips, and Mashack. Vescovi also isn’t slow. I honestly can’t believe what I’m hearing lol.

VN Store

Back