Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the game again, and the f'n Duke slurping announcers and Gene Steratore are pissing me off even worse than the first time through.

That idiot bitching about the OF on Flopikowski right after the refs intentionally screwed the Vols by leaving Roach in the game...and then Steratore saying Uros should have been called for a flagrant because Flopikowski literally ran his face right into Plavs hand is infuriating me way worse than earlier.

I don't think you're dumb for trying to rationalize bad calls throughout the season. I just think that what we are seeing is human error and decisions made on a personal level to not be blamed for a team losing. I just don't think there is some sort of formal or structured conspiracy to target specifc teams or swing games to a favored team. I think those refs were nervous about fouling out Duke's most senior player and there was enough benefit of the doubt to put the foul on the other guy. They were afraid to make "the call of the game". They didn't get together before the game and say ",let's make sure tennessee loses this one". Overall, the officiating played into Tennessee's favor. They could have easily thrown multiple flagrants on Uros or called it tightly like Shows did.
I don't think it's a disadvantage on Tennessee. I think in the SEC they favor teams to maximize their tournament seats. Several teams would have most likely not made the tournament had they not beaten the vols. KY was likely missing the tournament without both their wins.

As for today, they called fouls on Uros and reviewed all of them to try and make a case for flagrant. Uros has a target on his back, some deserved. The officials were absolutely doing what they could to keep Duke close. I don't think there was a concerted effort to insure a Duke win but they wanted them close enough where that had a chance.

Yeah reading it again, not that victim-y. More so just trying to defend the fans who so desperately want to be victims. That’s what I should’ve said.
I will never understand how people can watch college sports and think the officials are on the up and up. I have watched them freakin rob us blind for years...calling a thief a thief is not "victim-y"...it is wanting honesty and justice.

Sometimes it is just human error....but when it happens over and over and over...it is on purpose corruption.

For me personally...the only real big issue I had with the refs tonight was leaving Roach in...that was pure garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back