Drew Pember getting some love on ESPN

Makes you wonder just how good Rick is at evaluating (and exploiting) the talent on his roster.
He definitely should not have let this one slip away.
We sure could use that 20 points per game this season.

Don’t question Barnes.

If you watched their conference semi-final game, the announcers were hyping him up and saying how if they make the tournament he’s gonna make a name for himself. Good for him!!

Reactions: LibertyVol
Last night was a clear display of why he didn’t see the court at UT. Superior athletes that took away his point forward duties and made him one dimensional.

Great kid and had a heck of a season. Can tell you he’s well supported here in Asheville and created a buzz I’ve never witnessed with UNCA athletics.

Last edited:
It's not their fault (maybe) but most people just have no idea how much the difference in the size/length/elite athleticism impacts what GOOD PLAYERS are able to contribute at the highest level. There are lots of very skilled and/or high-IQ players that can't produce what it is that they are good at because the size, length, or athleticism of the opponent can take it away.

Pember can play high major as a role player off the bench. Give you 10 minutes a night and spot shoot the three. Tennessee could use him right now. Not more than that.

Some posters just can't stand being wrong. Pember is not a high major player. He's done well at UNCA against mid-majors. Let it go.
Just let it go. He’s transferring to a high major program shortly.

Tyreke Key is contributing for a high major program in the top 25 but Pember can’t. Lol.

Just let it go. He’s transferring to a high major program shortly.

Tyreke Key is contributing for a high major program in the top 25 but Pember can’t. Lol.

Dying on the hill that is “Drew Pember is a high-major player” is certainly something, hoss. No one is talking about Key.

I hope Drew sees your posts. XOXO

Dying on the hill that is “Drew Pember is a high-major player” is certainly something, hoss. No one is talking about Key.

I hope Drew sees your posts. XOXO
Imagine Pember scoring 13 points against the #1 defense in CBB and your take is he can’t play at a high major program. LOL.

I’ll be waiting for your melt when he commits in the coming weeks. Some of you want him to fail so badly so you can come to Barnes rescue against a couple of posters who triggered you with bad takes about him running off good players.

It can be true that he wasn’t ready for this level when he was here but he transferred, developed and can contribute now. But somehow that is a knock on Barnes.

Imagine Pember scoring 13 points against the #1 defense in CBB and your take is he can’t play at a high major program. LOL.

I’ll be waiting for your melt when he commits in the coming weeks. Some of you want him to fail so badly so you can come to Barnes rescue against a couple of posters who triggered you with bad takes about him running off good players.

It can be true that he wasn’t ready for this level when he was here but he transferred, developed and can contribute now. But somehow that is a knock on Barnes.
Pember huggers

I like Pember and hope he balls out, wherever, next year. I love his game, best of luck, Mr. Pember. I'm serious, tho, wouldn't hurt my feelings if he came back to UT in the portal, as long as we get a true PG, too. 99% sure it doesn't happen, tho

In all seriousness hope he does well wherever he goes as long as it is not here as for Barnes is there anything that people don't blame him for on here geez

I like Pember and hope he balls out, wherever, next year. I love his game, best of luck, Mr. Pember. I'm serious, tho, wouldn't hurt my feelings if he came back to UT in the portal, as long as we get a true PG, too. 99% sure it doesn't happen, tho
Yeah no chance he’s here. I don’t think he fits our system. Interested to see where he lands for sure.

In all seriousness hope he does well wherever he goes as long as it is not here as for Barnes is there anything that people don't blame him for on here geez
The people blaming Barnes for Pember are wrong. It wasn’t a fit and it was the right move to part for both parties.

Where in my post did I blame Barnes for anything?

VN Store

Back