Vols offense looked at as gimmick

We've also got to figure out how to score on UGA. They haven't exactly needed to put up alot of points the last 2 years to beat us. We need to figure that out to put pressure on their new QB.

I agree to a point, that game was a perfect storm for Georgia IMO. They have the best players money can buy and they didn't need any extra motivation. BUT
The media put us at # 1 & Kirby ranted at his players you're being disrespected by everybody.
all they heard all week was about the #1 Offense, even though you were champs last year they've picked them over you and that Sanford Stadium was not a hard place to play and not very loud. Fans spread the word via social media, they were amped to the max for what is normally a walk through game.
We had to go to a silent count threw off HHs timing off and the O line was on their heels all day. Allowing an already dominant D to play on their toes.
Yeah, we need to figure how to score but I like our chances at Neyland next year. We definitely couldn't sneak up on them for an upset in 2022 because the news media made us favorite even though they had the most talented players. A perfect storm for a team that could have been going through the motions vs their whipping boy, if we had played them earlier in the year.

There's nothing wrong with having a gimmick offense. It's highly entertaining and lead to a 11-2 record, a bowl win and a coach getting an extension.

I agree to a point, that game was a perfect storm for Georgia IMO. They have the best players money can buy and they didn't need any extra motivation. BUT
The media put us at # 1 & Kirby ranted at his players you're being disrespected by everybody.
all they heard all week was about the #1 Offense, even though you were champs last year they've picked them over you and that Sanford Stadium was not a hard place to play and not very loud. Fans spread the word via social media, they were amped to the max for what is normally a walk through game.
We had to go to a silent count threw off HHs timing off and the O line was on their heels all day. Allowing an already dominant D to play on their toes.
Yeah, we need to figure how to score but I like our chances at Neyland next year. We definitely couldn't sneak up on them for an upset in 2022 because the news media made us favorite even though they had the most talented players. A perfect storm for a team that could have been going through the motions vs their whipping boy, if we had played them earlier in the year.
No matter how succesful our O can be you cannot be confident in a W vs UGA with our defensive backfield. Newsflash, our defense is our achilles friend.:confused:

They said Spurrier's offense was a gimmick too.

In 2022:

Tennessee was 5th in the SEC in rushing yards, 4th in attempts, and 6th in rush yards per game. It isn't just a passing offense.
It’s hard for some to understand we run the ball quite often. We are a very balanced offense and expect that to continue. We are no gimmick. GBO

Reactions: SpookyAction
It wasn't that long ago that some said the same thing about running QBs and how it skewed their NFL prospects.

They also overplay the simplicity and underplay the complexity. I suspect that the next "trending" thing in the NFL is going to be tempo control a la Heupel.

Off season jibber-jabber.
Who gives a rat's butt what a so-called "prominent media outlet" publishes for click bait...???
11 and 1, with wins over Florida and Bama + A decisive victory over Clemson in the Orange Bowl.
GO BIG ORANGE..!!!

Reactions: feathersax
Honestly, I don't care.

Also don't care if we win games 14-7 or 51-30

As long as we win-only thing that matters at the end of the day.

That being said, the 51-30 version is a helluva lot more fun to watch. After 3 years of Pruitt and Botch's pathetic final year, I was kinda worried that any leading number above a "2" only worked on the visitor side of the scoreboards at Neyland.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a the occasional defensive slobberknocker but I'm kind of spoiled now and like knowing that more often than not the Vols are going to end up in the end zone.

Reactions: feathersax
Honestly, I don't care.

Also don't care if we win games 14-7 or 51-30

As long as we win-only thing that matters at the end of the day.

That being said, the 51-30 version is a helluva lot more fun to watch. After 3 years of Pruitt and Botch's pathetic final year, I was kinda worried that any leading number above a "2" only worked on the visitor side of the scoreboards at Neyland.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a the occasional defensive slobberknocker but I'm kind of spoiled now and like knowing that more often than not the Vols are going to end up in the end zone.

I thought time of possession was the name of the game LOL. According to a beat writer who covers Notre Dame it was.

It wasn't that long ago that some said the same thing about running QBs and how it skewed their NFL prospects.

They also overplay the simplicity and underplay the complexity. I suspect that the next "trending" thing in the NFL is going to be tempo control a la Heupel.
They only have 53 players and some of them are in their 30s. They're not gonna run tempo like we do.

Who gives a rat's butt what a so-called "prominent media outlet" publishes for click bait...???
11 and 1, with wins over Florida and Bama + A decisive victory over Clemson in the Orange Bowl.
GO BIG ORANGE..!!!
*10-2 with wins over Florida and Bama + A decisive victory over Clemons.

It’s media people like this clown who baffle me. Do they not know that there are coaches in the NFL? Whatever kind of offense a player plays in college has absolutely zero to do with the NFL. Let’s take Hooker. Yes he has been running a super fast offense in college. Do these media guys not realize that the NFL coaches know this and plan for it?

Honestly the quotes sound like a couple guys whining about how they have to actually do their jobs. It’s such a unique offense different from traditional pro-style they probably throw a blurb together for and move on.

I know some of you like the NFL but personally I don’t give two craps about it…I barely watch it anymore…so to see two hacks berate our offense in terms of how it translates to the NFL means nothing to me…

Our offense works tremendously at the college level…which is the only level I’m concerned about…and our players might not be running an NFL offense but they are absolutely being developed as players at their respective positions and as men in general and those things will always translate well in terms of the NFL draft

GO BIG ORANGE..!!!
Don't forget LSU at their place.

I know some of you like the NFL but personally I don’t give two craps about it…I barely watch it anymore…so to see two hacks berate our offense in terms of how it translates to the NFL means nothing to me…

Our offense works tremendously at the college level…which is the only level I’m concerned about…and our players might not be running an NFL offense but they are absolutely being developed as players at their respective positions and as men in general and those things will always translate well in terms of the NFL draft
Well said!

Tempo will never work in the NFL.. But ring around the rosie before a play does!

VN Store

Back