The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #13 Louisiana NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:40 PM ET, CBS

We won on a down cycle which usually means and up cycle is coming. Vescovi bringing the ball up is not going to work, he will never get a shot that way. The 7 footers need to stay under the basket force them in tight on defense, bigs getting the ball at the head of the circle has not been positive. This team must go inside out to have consistent scoring. I would sit Olivier/Philips and play Josh, Uros, JJJ rested by Awaka with Santi shooting guard and Key/Mashack point. Shake it up.

They played 2.5 hours earlier than us. Good god. How the heck do you do a 64 teal tournament. Your position isn't possible

Boy, this isn’t rocket science. Texas and Maryland play the 9:40 tip on Saturday when they both played the early session today and Maryland was the first game of the tournament.

Boy, this isn’t rocket science. Texas and Maryland play the 9:40 tip on Saturday when they both played the early session today and Maryland was the first game of the tournament.

For some reason I read this in Stanley's voice from The Office.

giphy.gif

It's ridiculous how entitled our basketball fans act. We are one of the best programs in college basketball on a yearly basis for the first time in most of our lives and we have a bunch of miserable bitches that constantly whine and complain like we are owed more success than the most consistent success in our program's history.

I think folks get riled up giving up a 18 point lead, the turnovers, poor shot selection and then the missed foul shots. So the “fan” is frustrated and the commentators add fuel to the fire by saying TN is turning it over too much, etc. At the end of the day, I think most on this board love the Vols. They just want to win.

@ the end of the day, we won the game and I’m ecstatic to watch another TN game. I think Duke comes out and beats us by double figures, however, I still have hope.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Stop looking for victimization, jeez dude. The world doesn’t actually hate Tennessee and do this to them on purpose. Grow up.

Seriously? Clueless. It’s all about Duke. Has nothing to do with Tennessee. It’s stupid what the NCAA does.

I’ve been around these parts for a while, so go chew on something else.

I keep saying losing ZZ was doom for the Vols. We avoid the shame of losing in 1st round...and that's the best we'll do. Injuries screwed us a bit this year. That and hitting the "Barnes Wall" (c). Not to be a downer but a realist....no way in hell we get by Duke. Just being real.

Well you aren’t a rose colored Volunteers fan, and without ZZ the Volunteers are a Corvette not a Ferrari Pista or a Ferrari F40.

That’s why I’m expecting the realistic result which is Duke defeats a Tennessee team that doesn’t have a needed Top Gun player.
The Volunteers would have a realistic chance of winning with ZZ even though it still would be a challenging game vs a great coached Duke team that mostly has talented players.

While I am optimistic that doesn’t mean I’ll be the ridiculous rose colored glasses fan that goes against logic and common sense.

Tennessee benefited from playing a Cajuns team that isn’t in the same weight class as Duke, Kansas, or any other great team.

They play Duke in the 2nd round which is a Chess match metaphorically.
It was checkers for the 1st round game vs the Cajuns.

It's ridiculous how entitled our basketball fans act. We are one of the best programs in college basketball on a yearly basis for the first time in most of our lives and we have a bunch of miserable bitches that constantly whine and complain like we are owed more success than the most consistent success in our program's history.

How old are you? Is this really the first time in your life that TN basketball has been relevant?

I am in disbelief at some of the comments around here - I mean - we aren’t exactly some hoops blue blood program with future NBA stars lining up at our door … we just had a great season given the continuous string of injuries and just made our objective tonight: we survived and advanced.
Pretty sure UVA would gladly trade with us about now ….
Only way you can be pissed about WINNING a March game is if you bet your wife’s paycheck to cover …

I am in disbelief at some of the comments around here - I mean - we aren’t exactly some hoops blue blood program with future NBA stars lining up at our door … we just had a great season given the continuous string of injuries and just made our objective tonight: we survived and advanced.
Pretty sure UVA would gladly trade with us about now ….
Only way you can be pissed about WINNING a March game is if you bet your wife’s paycheck to cover …
I'm happy. I picked us in this one. In march madness, a win is a win.

It’s disappointing that the team isn’t able to play well for very long within a game and from one game to the next. Maybe their best game is Saturday but I’m not sure they have one left this season.

Are you serious?

Of course I'm serious. We've beaten two 1-seeds and a 2-seed in the regular season. We've won a first round game for only the sixteenth time in our history. I don't have hard numbers in front of me, but this team has to be > 80th percentile among our teams historically.

Last edited:
Seriously? Clueless. It’s all about Duke. Has nothing to do with Tennessee. It’s stupid what the NCAA does.

I’ve been around these parts for a while, so go chew on something else.
If the game was scheduled for 5:40/7:00/7:30/9:30, you’d still be complaining that the time slot benefits Duke. You aren’t the only one who’s been around my guy. Stop asking like a child.

Zero confidence. I hope they serve me crow well done Saturday night. However, not only do I not trust the players, I don’t even trust the coach rn. I see a grandfather on the sidelines more than I see a college basketball coach. Obviously he can’t hit the shots or make the passes for them, but how many times do you have to watch and do the same thing over and over and over before you change something? Injuries this, injuries that. Theres still a big elephant in the room and it all points to one place.

VN Store

Back