Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Didn't Mississippi Luck out with their Draw? Creighton for the first round and then probably a Notre Dame team without Olivia Miles for the second round. They could walk into the sweet 16 as a number 11 Seed. Sam Purcell has to be loving his chances to make to the sweet 16 in year 1 as a head coach.
MSU drew a favorable draw, though they were underdogs by most accounts to Illinois. I believe they will beat Creighton, let’s see. But if they beat them they certainly will be able To knock off a wounded ND.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Paige is going to have to prove her durability. The talent is there but .........
That is the thing. So say Paige comes back fully healthy next year, remember she was NPOY as a true freshman, the talent is there, would be hard to pass on her if she plays even like her freshman year next season, she is amazing.

Didn't Mississippi Luck out with their Draw? Creighton for the first round and then probably a Notre Dame team without Olivia Miles for the second round. They could walk into the sweet 16 as a number 11 Seed. Sam Purcell has to be loving his chances to make to the sweet 16 in year 1 as a head coach.

For real, Notre Dame became super one dimensional with Miles out. Citron has to score 30 for them to win, swear.

Can for sure see MSST making the Sweet 16. I don’t think Creighton can check Carter in the paint. If she stays out of foul trouble and has a good game I won’t be shocked if they advance.

That is the thing. So say Paige comes back fully healthy next year, remember she was NPOY as a true freshman, the talent is there, would be hard to pass on her if she plays even like her freshman year next season, she is amazing.

You would have to take her solely based on her ability to sell tickets, not even counting what she can do on the court.

They better be able to defend the three-point shot. Otherwise, they may get blown out. Also, Creighton has tourney experience from last season, beating Iowa and Iowa State.

Great game between St. John’s and Purdue. Fun to watch and fun finish. I thought it was a travel on the final shot by Everett but seeing it from another angle the Purdue player definitely knocked the ball loose.

I have IU, Iowa and OSU as well as Md going deep in my bracket, hope the B1G best teams at least show out some….My bracket could be destroyed soon lol. B1G looking soft so far.

I have IU, OSU and Maryland in the Elite Eight.

I have Iowa losing to Duke in the Sweet 16. I think defense beats offense in that one IF they meet.

Wow, Paige says she might come back for 2-3 more years…could be the college game with NIL is more attractive to many college players now, who knows. I was a college athlete back in the day, not at the level of these ladies but back in those days for the great players if the pros were calling you came running to them, today? Who knows, but many are staying, and you know, I get it, stay in college for as long as you can, the best years of your life.

In a few years, the Covid rules will be gone and players will only be able to play 4 full years again, the 5 year playing careers will be history, so it may change again. You all prob read about the male player from a small school who is/was challenging the Maravich record for points scored in a career (Pistol Pete played 3 years because freshmen in his day could not play their first season, not to mention no 3 point shot in Pete’s day) So I have mixed feelings here.

Behind UConn women’s basketball star Paige Bueckers’ months of rehab: ‘I'll be better than I was before’

Last edited:
I have IU, OSU and Maryland in the Elite Eight.

I have Iowa losing to Duke in the Sweet 16. I think defense beats offense in that one IF they meet.
Duke can’t beat Iowa, I’m serious about that 09, what is Duke’s best win? They aren’t ready for an Iowa, sorry. Did not mean to sound snarky btw, I’m working on that, my bad, peace and best to you. Iowa would destroy Duke though…..there I go again lol.

Last edited:
Duke can’t beat Iowa, I’m serious about that 09, what is Duke’s best win? They aren’t ready for an Iowa, sorry. Did not mean to sound snarky btw, I’m working on that, my bad, peace and best to you. Iowa would destroy Duke though…..there I go again lol.

Nah I feel you!

I think Iowa might choke. Clark is a superior talent but Lisa Bluder has made it to the Elite Eight only once in her entire career. Surprising for a coach with as many wins as she has.

To be fair, Kara has made it to a some total of 0 second rounds 😂

Wow, #15 Princeton knocked off #2 Arizona in the men’s NCAA first round tonight…and #13 Furman beat #4 Virginia, holy cow as Harry Carey would say. Crazy stuff. The madness has started, anything is possible in the first two rounds of both men’s and women’s play.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back