ACC overated

In football, it never surprises me with the ACC. This year in basketball, I have to agree. Very underwhelming and overrated. Virginia and their defensive style just doesn't work well in the tournament for whatever reason. Leads to them getting upset a lot.

Reactions: feathersax
In football, it never surprises me with the ACC. This year in basketball, I have to agree. Very underwhelming and overrated. Virginia and their defensive style just doesn't work well in the tournament for whatever reason. Leads to them getting upset a lot.
There's another team in orange that plays a similar style, unfortunately. And you're absolutely correct, that style seems to work pretty well over the course of a long season but does leave you susceptible to laying huge eggs from time to time, which isn't good in a single-elimination tournament.

Interesting note about UVA/Tony Bennett. The last NCAAT game they won was the national title game in 2019, and outside of the national title run they made that year they haven't advanced in the tournament at all since 2017.

They've gone first round exit, national title, no tournament (Covid), first round exit, missed tournament, first round exit. Pretty amazing.

It's kind of a curiosity to me just how amazingly terrible Louisville is now. Amazing level of bad.
This is probably too harsh of a statement, because all the coaches/admin figures who were there are now gone, but they kind of deserve it.

They were a scummy, out of control program for a long time, then the Chris Mack hire didn't work, and they've basically pressed the reset button. All while Pitino resurfaces at Iona and puts them in the tournament every year.

This is probably too harsh of a statement, because all the coaches/admin figures who were there are now gone, but they kind of deserve it.

They were a scummy, out of control program for a long time, then the Chris Mack hire didn't work, and they've basically pressed the reset button. All while Pitino resurfaces at Iona and puts them in the tournament every year.
“Kind of”?

Not trying to be a smart ASCII but Virginia would say and a 2019 National Championship,

Not trying to be a smart ASCII but Virginia would say and a 2019 National Championship,

Oh,I know you're not. Forgot to mention that outside of their recent failures. Yeah, I know that I'd take that championship banner,and get knocked out early pretty much every year since.

There's another team in orange that plays a similar style, unfortunately. And you're absolutely correct, that style seems to work pretty well over the course of a long season but does leave you susceptible to laying huge eggs from time to time, which isn't good in a single-elimination tournament.

Interesting note about UVA/Tony Bennett. The last NCAAT game they won was the national title game in 2019, and outside of the national title run they made that year they haven't advanced in the tournament at all since 2017.

They've gone first round exit, national title, no tournament (Covid), first round exit, missed tournament, first round exit. Pretty amazing.
And the first round exit before the NC was as a #1 seed wasn't it?

The highest seed the ACC had or has is a 4. Only 5 teams made the tournament. I’m not sure anyone thought the league was very good this year. The league wasn’t good last year and had 2 FF teams and 3 elite 8 teams . We’ll see how it shakes out.

The highest seed the ACC had or has is a 4. Only 5 teams made the tournament. I’m not sure anyone thought the league was very good this year. The league wasn’t good last year and had 2 FF teams and 3 elite 8 teams . We’ll see how it shakes out.

Yeah, Duke is hot and I would never count out a Jim Laranaga team no matter what seed his team draws. This regular season has shown that anything can happen,and so far in tournament this year, that's been the case.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
It's kind of a curiosity to me just how amazingly terrible Louisville is now. Amazing level of bad.
And they beat Clemson by 10 and Clemson people are STILL whining about not making the NCAAT, even after they lost as a #1 seed in the NIT at home last night.

We up 11 at halftime, got out scored the 2nd half by Louisianna Lafette. Scored a whopping 58 points ! Same as Virgina, to much pressure to play defense , you have nothing left on offense at the end of the game. Missed free throws etc. Made this point earlier, nobody wants to hear it !!! I'm all VOL, but, I call it the way I see it, regardless where my heart is. 58 points is'nt gonna get us close to beating DUKE !!! They ACC ! I would LOVE to atleast beat the Blue Devils, the Blue Bloods ! That might even make our season, for real !!! But, we want, how many of us actually really think we win this game ? We will not be able to score enough points period. Good defense early, tired and wore out late. Thats no diffirent than tonight , we cant close offensively at the end of the game , when we have nothing left, because we leave it all on the defensive side of the court. Happen to the CAVS tonight. Sho hope I'm wrong, We play the same brand of ball they do. Lets clamp down defensively on them BLUE DEVILS ASS, knock down some three's, and send them back on there way to North Csrolina

VN Store

Back