Will Squirrel White emerge as a top WR next year?

We don't have a WR as fast as Squirrel, he will be our deep guy ALA Hyatt last year and is a LOCK. Thornton is a big target at 6-5, 210 LBS. but he won't burn anybody w/ speed. He is around a 4.6 guy but a big guy and a big target with great hands. Probably a backup for Bru and Keyton.
?

Thornton runs a 4.4. He's a burner.

Reactions: norrislakevol
?

Thornton runs a 4.4. He's a burner.

That is what I was going to say as well. I saw an article about how he was just as fast as squirrel without the pads on and how impressed the coaches have been with him.
I can't wait for spring practice reports on some returning guys. Especially on the newcomers we have brought in. Could anyone inform me on what day spring practice actually begins? Thanks in advance

That is what I was going to say as well. I saw an article about how he was just as fast as squirrel without the pads on and how impressed the coaches have been with him.
I can't wait for spring practice reports on some returning guys. Especially on the newcomers we have brought in. Could anyone inform me on what day spring practice actually begins? Thanks in advance
I don’t know what he’s time at, but all that was seent was him way ahead of the poor schlubs trying to cover him.

Why stop at five when you can have ten? No, I'm not joking. With the WR corps we have, covering all of them, will force Bam-Bam and everyone else to double-team any one of them having too productive a game. Which means somebody is going to always be one-on-one for jump balls or sprint outs. Don't be surprised if we score on every 5th or 6th pass we run. I think our WRs will prove to be just that good.
But that would make little Nicky cry some more 😢

if he's just as fast out of pads he is likely faster in pads being a bigger guy. Then again 40 times don't seem to tell the whole story for some players.. I was shocked at Hyatts 40 and if you told anyone that followed the niners in the 90's Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 they'd laugh at you. Some guys just play faster. On tape, to me, Squirrel is more quick than fast. He gains separation with quickness. Hyatt was fast but most of his being wide open was partially scheme. I honestly think for Squirrel to be a productive guy all season he has to put on like 10-15 pounds of muscle and keep his speed. Can his frame carry 175-180? I think so He is gonna, worst case, be a really good slot weapon.

Reactions: Vol4lifejbone
I just wanna see 4 wide, greatest show on checkboards, Bru, Keaton, Castles, White, when one gets tired, put Sampson in motion out of the backfield into the slot!

Nobody is stopping that!!!

Reactions: MemphisVol77
To a large degree, your comments make sense. Just the same, I think with our wealth at WR, the Heup is going to rotate. Mainly, to always have fresh WR legs on the field, and just run DBs ragged. Which in turn will lead to more frequent TDs. Opponents, by now, know a lot about how we play, and will scheme accordingly. With preset plays, and fresh legs squads running in, not needing a play call huddle,the Heup will gas defenses, all game. Add in our RBs when defenses start to focus on the pass, it will be murder. So much so, Saban and Kirby both may ask the police to arrest and charge the team for it.

NCAA rules state that once the offense initiates a substitution that officials cannot allow the football to be snapped until the defense has a chance to make its own substitution and the outgoing player leaves the field.

Which is why you'll see receivers "take plays off" in CJH's offense. Rather than gassing WR's by having them sprint out on every play where the ball has little-to-zero chance of being thrown to them, the offense is designed to have breathers built-in.

Reactions: stewart6600
Squirrel may have the most yards next year but I still think Bru is gonna be the go to man for those got to have yards and first downs

Reactions: johnfnkelly
NCAA rules state that once the offense initiates a substitution that officials cannot allow the football to be snapped until the defense has a chance to make its own substitution and the outgoing player leaves the field.
Which is why you'll see receivers "take plays off" in CJH's offense. Rather than gassing WR's by having them sprint out on every play where the ball has little-to-zero chance of being thrown to them, the offense is designed to have breathers built-in.

Thanks for the correction. Maybe instead, field three fresh WRs each offensive series when e get the ball back. Whatever, it's Heup's team. I'm just thinking of how to maybe always have fresh legs out there, forcing DBs to play full speed all the time until they're just too gassed to do so. And we just start scoring simply because we can.

We will know by the 4th game if it's
Bru
Keyton
Squirrel
Thorton
Think Thorton & Squirrel will split time

I've never seen a white squirrel.

I have, I don't recall where it was. Probably, somewhere in the Sierra Nevada Mountains during a backcountry camping trip in the 1970s. Or maybe it was the Sequoia National Park. I've seen black squirrels in Takoma Park, Maryland in the same era. The last time I saw a white squirrel was the one called White Lightning (AKA: Vic Wharton) at the UT, but he left and went elsewhere. Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: BreatheUT
I have a family of them on my land. They are all albino, I don't tell anybody about them because I don't want hunters sneaking onto my land to kill one. I'll try to get some photos posted soon of them.

It's interesting that there are actual "white" squirrels and albinistic ones. Obviously they look similar but are not actually same. Are yours true albinos with the pink/red eyes? You live around Kenton TN? That area is actually known for it's white squirrel population.

It's interesting that there are actual "white" squirrels and albinistic ones. Obviously they look similar but are not actually same. Are yours true albinos with the pink/red eyes? You live around Kenton TN? That area is actually known for it's white squirrel population.

Haven't ever got close enough to see the eyes, but they had some dark babies one time so I assumed albino.

Reactions: hndog609
Thanks for the correction. Maybe instead, field three fresh WRs each offensive series when e get the ball back. Whatever, it's Heup's team. I'm just thinking of how to maybe always have fresh legs out there, forcing DBs to play full speed all the time until they're just too gassed to do so. And we just start scoring simply because we can.

If the depth is there, I suspect CJH will sub-out during TV breaks, injuries, when the other team takes a T.O. etc. as you can't run tempo anyway during these forced breaks

If the depth is there, I suspect CJH will sub-out during TV breaks, injuries, when the other team takes a T.O. etc. as you can't run tempo anyway during these forced breaks

Got to agree. And well, when all else fails, just beat the crap out of the enemy. Make them puke their lungs, just for good measure.

JH doesn’t allow for much splitting of time.

Well he does on whole series splits, he did that the Pittsburg game, I know we are not splitting time between downs that's detrimental to this O. I think early in the season and if one separates there will be one left out unless there's an injury which is possible like last year and then Keyton stepped up.

VN Store

Back