Rickea Jackson is coming back!

The flipside is that myself and many, many others were all outrageously, completely, and absolutely WRONG in complaining about the way in which Kellie applied this discipline. In the history of wrongness, there has never been a more "wronger" statement. Even Charles H. Duell the Commissioner of US patent office, who in 1898, proposed closing the office because "everything that could be invented had been invented" was not as wrong as we were. The dude who said the internet was just a fade was not as wrong as we were. People who put mayonnaise on french fries are not wrong as we were (though that one is pretty dang close).

Here is my post from December 30 - not right very many times in my life, but I was on this one.....................

My view on Rickea last night - she looked like she was having fun. I did not see that at the first of the year. I am going to give Coach some props - the tough love may be EXACTLY what Rickea needed. Years from now, my bet is she looks back at the time at Tennessee and the "adjustment period" as a turning point in her life - and not just on the court.
(And I am over 60 and remember and THANK my high school coach for much the same tough love - he taught me much that I still use to this day).

I think the Lady Vols are on track for a very good remainder of the year - I was very encouraged last night !

WTF? Just read up on it, it contains guarana, a bean from the Amazon region that contains 4x the amount of caffine in coffee! Heart attack in a can. Very popular energy drink ingredient tho. Not happy that the new NIL coordinator or LVBHC is letting her anywhere near it! For God's sake do not put that can to your lips!

You won't be saying that the next time you have to emerge from hiding to dash through the zombie horde before the gates close.

I've been tooth and toenail against more ball handling for Jordy, but it might work, esp with the surrounding cast she'll have. It may be exactly the thing. Plus Powell, who I still think can contribute. Kellie liked having 2 pgs this year.

I'm starting to wonder about Jordan tho. Seems like she would have announced today also if she is gonna. Totally get RJ doing it today since the portal is opening. Folks need to know. Maybe Jordy is just ready for a change of scene. Kind of funny if RJ is out there recruiting JH just like JH was recruiting her this time last year. Life is strange.

How about the reason is all of the above? The NIL was practically invented for someone as marketable as Rickea. And it's obvious she loves it.
Easy to see she will absolutely enjoy the attention and accolodes she'll have next year. Angel Reese and Caitlin Clark may have a word to say about POY, but RJ will be in the mix Will not hate that. But also there's obviously been growth, both personal and lord knows on the court. As far as finishing the degree, if she doesn't understand the importance I'm pretty sure her Mom does. Lots of good reasons.

LOL could not have said it better. Who said you don't get second acts in life?
Jordan is letting Jackson have her moment!! Not dimming her fire!

Name the actor/politician/pro athlete/any one famous....that has made public choice, good or bad, that was accepted by everybody.

The way I look at it,,,If people who don't know you are opining re you,,it just verifies that you are relevant

If this were a beer contract...for Kea,,,how many would attack her for alcohol
sheesh...

She stayed bc there is opportunity for her to do well this year and there is a good chance that an undeniable 3-headed monster (Jaskson-Horston-Key) could happen. And even if it is only Key and Jackson,,,imagine the hi-lo game....

Or we could talk about our darkside

I can't stomach watching Brandon Killer play the game and be allowed to go on, unaffected, like nothing ever happened. It truly causes a reaction in me.
As it should. His actions of bringing a gun caused a life to be taken. Meanwhile he is on TV being promoted by Alabama, NCAA and their sponsors as well as his.

Name the actor/politician/pro athlete/any one famous....that has made public choice, good or bad, that was accepted by everybody.

The way I look at it,,,If people who don't know you are opining re you,,it just verifies that you are relevant

If this were a beer contract...for Kea,,,how many would attack her for alcohol
sheesh...

She stayed bc there is opportunity for her to do well this year and there is a good chance that an undeniable 3-headed monster (Jaskson-Horston-Key) could happen. And even if it is only Key and Jackson,,,imagine the hi-lo game....

Or we could talk about our darkside
As usual, WTF? The White Knight can move along, nothing to rescue here. No "attack", just a discussion of NIL athletes representing products banned by the NCAA. Apparently it's old news and all was asked and answered in the thread. But you knew that. Savior complex will have to find another outlet.

That would be the perfect use of Rickea's fifth year. As stunning as certain aspects of her game are, she's a very bright woman who has, like every Lady Vol, seen hours and hours of herself on game film, so she knows better than anyone she has areas she can improve on.

I am giddy sitting here imagining how much better the already amazing Rickea Jackson's game could get if she gets super focused on adding wrinkles to her game like Parker has always done.
She could play herself into a #1 draft pick next season. Not many players have her offensive capabilities, and she will be pro ready from day #1.

Jordan is letting Jackson have her moment!! Not dimming her fire!

Agree...as someone else pointed out, Tamari announced on 3/6, and Rickea announced on 3/13. If Jordan announced (one way or the other) on 3/20, that would be awkward timing since it'd be the day of our potential 2nd round matchup. But in any case, it seems like these were strategically planned out so each player could have their moment.

Agree...as someone else pointed out, Tamari announced on 3/6, and Rickea announced on 3/13. If Jordan announced (one way or the other) on 3/20, that would be awkward timing since it'd be the day of our potential 2nd round matchup. But in any case, it seems like these were strategically planned out so each player could have their moment.
And each moment has caused a spark. Jordy's moment is coming Friday I bet, going into tourney weekend. Well played!

Once the games start and teams' seasons end, the portal will really pick up. So Friday is a great time to have our returning roster all set. And it will be set to our wildest dreams (esp if that portal PG happens). I still can't quite believe it.

Dang if this season is not trying to kill me! And March Madness hasn't even started yet.

Celsius is not banned per se by the NCAA (Think about would the NCAA be okay with NILs for banned products?)

A lot of college newspapers misunderstood the NCAA rules and reported that energy drinks with guarana are banned and those misreports are what you see being repeated across the internet. The NCAA fact sheet says (read carefully):

• Guarana is on the NCAA Banned Substances list only as an example of caffeine; guarana is not completely banned. Consumption of guarana must be limited along with the more than 60 other plant sources of caffeine including coffee, tea, cocoa, yerba mate, kola nut, and guayusa. [vii] [viii]
  • NCAA drug testing does not check for any of the specific sources of caffeine like guarana, coffee, tea, or chocolate. The NCAA tests for caffeine itself in high amounts greater than 15 ug/ml in urine.
  • Energy drinks containing caffeine or guarana are impermissible for NCAA schools to provide to student athletes under NCAA Division I Bylaw 16.5.2.7 Nutritional Supplements, but they can still be consumed in moderation. [ix] Excessive use of any product or food containing caffeine can put student athletes at risk of a positive drug test.
  • Energy drink brands cannot have sponsorships with the NCAA or any schools but can be name, image, likeness (“NIL”) sponsors of individual athletes.

Celsius is not banned per se by the NCAA (Think about would the NCAA be okay with NILs for banned products?)

A lot of college newspapers misunderstood the NCAA rules and reported that energy drinks with guarana are banned and those misreports are what you see being repeated across the internet. The NCAA fact sheet says (read carefully):

• Guarana is on the NCAA Banned Substances list only as an example of caffeine; guarana is not completely banned. Consumption of guarana must be limited along with the more than 60 other plant sources of caffeine including coffee, tea, cocoa, yerba mate, kola nut, and guayusa. [vii] [viii]
  • NCAA drug testing does not check for any of the specific sources of caffeine like guarana, coffee, tea, or chocolate. The NCAA tests for caffeine itself in high amounts greater than 15 ug/ml in urine.
  • Energy drinks containing caffeine or guarana are impermissible for NCAA schools to provide to student athletes under NCAA Division I Bylaw 16.5.2.7 Nutritional Supplements, but they can still be consumed in moderation. [ix] Excessive use of any product or food containing caffeine can put student athletes at risk of a positive drug test.
  • Energy drink brands cannot have sponsorships with the NCAA or any schools but can be name, image, likeness (“NIL”) sponsors of individual athlete
Thanks for the info. Back to avoid on this. Way too complicated for me. Looks like BYO Guarana, athletes can consume it, institutions just can't supply it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Thanks for the info. Back to avoid on this. Way too complicated for me. Looks like BYO Guarana, athletes can consume it, institutions just can't supply it.

Yes, they just can't consume in large enough qualities to surpass the NCAA limits on caffeine levels. Since caffeine clears the system pretty quickly, I am not sure this drug test "limit" has any real practical consequence.

As long as players don't chug five of these babies right before a game, all should be fine.

Last edited:
Key, Hollingshead, Jackson, Horston, and ??????(Darby, Powell, or a transfer). Talk about an elite starting 5 with superior size and length. Makes me giddy thinking about the potential for next season.
This sounds eerily familiar I'm afraid. I don't care who comes back, I'm picking us dead last in everything next yr lol. Not going there again!

I like most everyone else know nothing but i think Jordy will come back. She and Ms. Key have been roomies forever!

Last edited:
This sounds eerily familiar I'm afraid. I don't care who comes back, I'm picking us dead last in everything next yr lol. Not going there again!

Lol! I can relate. I'm holding off on the hype till I see the LVs win some big games next year.

A deep postseason (FF) run this season could change that for me though.

She could play herself into a #1 draft pick next season. Not many players have her offensive capabilities, and she will be pro ready from day #1.

Uh, she's already plenty pro ready and would be a top 3 pick THIS YEAR, probably. And going no. 1, 3, 10 wouldn't change her rookie salary, which
would be bad no matter where she, or anyone, was drafted.

VN Store

Back