TENNESSEE/SEC BASEBALL STATS TO DATE

cardvolfan

Hi everyone. As we head into the SEC portion of the baseball schedule, I thought this comparison to date of us and our big rivals was interesting. This is very rudimentary, and yes, these are pics of my stuff from a legal pad. Not very professional, but I thought the info was interesting.

Attachments

• 36D32756-B6C4-48F4-90F1-7B64D60ACCBE.jpeg
    36D32756-B6C4-48F4-90F1-7B64D60ACCBE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 189
  • 360C4885-EAC1-4EE5-A05A-3AA38952FF1A.jpeg
    360C4885-EAC1-4EE5-A05A-3AA38952FF1A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 182
Looks like TN and LSU are the only WHIPs below 1.0 . Also find it interesting that although LSU pitching has held the batting average lower, their ERA is worse than us. Does that mean we have a better defense than LSU? (they only walked 4 more guys than us) (is it that we have a lot more strike outs?)

Looks like TN and LSU are the only WHIPs below 1.0 . Also find it interesting that although LSU pitching has held the batting average lower, their ERA is worse than us. Does that mean we have a better defense than LSU? (they only walked 4 more guys than us) (is it that we have a lot more strike outs?)
The innings pitched are a little skewed. LSU has less in this comparison. Main reason is Tennessee has 6 SO’s per walk and LSU 4 SO’s per walk. More walks per 9 innings for LSU would in effect raise their ERA.

Florida has a legit offense to be worried about but their pitching will end up biting them imo. Everyone has a loss, and some have at least a couple bad losses, on their résumé at this point. The East will not be a cakewalk by any means but we do have the best all-around team in the division. Hopefully it shakes out that way.

Florida has a legit offense to be worried about but their pitching will end up biting them imo. Everyone has a loss, and some have at least a couple bad losses, on their résumé at this point. The East will not be a cakewalk by any means but we do have the best all-around team in the division. Hopefully it shakes out that way.
I don’t know if anyone has seen what Skenes is doing on the mound at LSU, but wow!

Vols currently #55 in rpi. Predicted end of regular season, #11, without considering the post season. It’s gonna get stiff…

3 days ago we were in the hundreds, SOS not good, much brighter outlook but it’s far too early for all that junk. Give it 3 weeks.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yeah he’s a stud. That’s why we wanted him so badly 😂
If I recall correctly, Skenes didn’t even visit. I believe Tommy White visited the day after we lost to ND. Both are studs. Can’t win them all and I’m very pleased with our big 3 transfers. Ahuna, Denton, and Merritt all seem like great fits both in the field and clubhouse.

We strike out too much at the plate. Gotta get that fixed. I do like seeing how many walks we draw though. Shows that we are patient.

We're finally starting to get back to familiar territory as far as stats. As of Monday, we lead the NCAA in ERA and are top 3 in HR's.

Excited to see where we go from here, stat-wise, now that we seem to have figured out our best hitting lineups and other teams aren't feasting on weak preseason schedules.

VN Store

Back