Vols 4 seed vs Louisiana - Thursday 9:40 ET CBS

Tell me more. Have you watched Duke a lot? I haven’t, but they’ve won something like 11 in a row and beat a good Miami and UVA team. Why do you feel so good about beating them?
The ACC is hot garbage this year, their win streak is grossly overrated.
all the losers that say “i don’t want to play them” or are afraid are weak and forgetting the strengths of this team when it plays good competition and focuses. We will destroy UL too.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
What genuinely concerns me about ULL is they have a former 5 Star Big man and a lot of length all throughout their starting five; They seem legit, not like a team I'd normally expect from the Sun Belt, they look more like an AAC team, to me.
Their starting 5 is listed as:

6’11
6’7
6’3
6’1
6’1

That’s “a lot of length?” We’re likely to be longer at every single position. Also might be worth noting that Aidoo has 15 lbs on their big man. I don’t see him throwing his weight around down low against us at 6’11 225.

None of the teams we face in the 1st 3 rounds have seen a defense like the Vols. Then there's our offense. I would hate to be playing this team because they can beat any of the 1 seeds and lose to any of the teams in the tournament.

6’11
6’7
6’3
6’1
6’1

That’s “a lot of length?” We’re likely to be longer at every single position. Also might be worth noting that Aidoo has 15 lbs on their big man. I don’t see him throwing his weight around down low against us at 6’11 225.

You don't think that's a big team for a mid major? It's not just that the dude is 6'11", it's also that he can move with it and is a helluva player that we would add to our roster in a heartbeat... To your point, Vols are overall bigger and have the versatility within their depth to attack in multiple ways. I'm just pointing out that we're not exactly playing Longwood again.

You don't think that's a big team for a mid major? It's not just that the dude is 6'11", it's also that he can move with it and is a helluva player that we would add to our roster in a heartbeat... To your point, Vols are overall bigger and have the versatility within their depth to attack in multiple ways. I'm just pointing out that we're not exactly playing Longwood again.

It's not unusual for a mid major to be guard heavy, but 6'1, 6'1, and 6'3 at the guards is not long. Heck, Princeton's starting 5 is 6'4, 6'4, 6'6, 6'7, and 6'8. College of Charleston's is 6'4, 6'2, 6'1, 6'5, and 6'10. VCU's is 6'0, 6'4, 6'6, 6'8, and 6'9. Just for comparison.

6’11
6’7
6’3
6’1
6’1

Everything they do goes thru that big man. If the refs let us play our style, I think we can wear him down and be a bit disruptive to their offense. If the refs get whistle happy...and to protect a blue blood, they likely will, it might be a tougher game than we'd like.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
None of the teams we face in the 1st 3 rounds have seen a defense like the Vols. Then there's our offense. I would hate to be playing this team because they can beat any of the 1 seeds and lose to any of the teams in the tournament.
Problem is that we've not been that great defensively of late. Kinda hit and miss. We should be pretty healed and rested for this first game. Fingers crossed we show up to play.

The ACC is hot garbage this year, their win streak is grossly overrated.
all the losers that say “i don’t want to play them” or are afraid are weak and forgetting the strengths of this team when it plays good competition and focuses. We will destroy UL too.

Your talking to the wall.

Reactions: beachvol23
Problem is that we've not been that great defensively of late. Kinda hit and miss. We should be pretty healed and rested for this first game. Fingers crossed we show up to play.
I think the main reason for this is the lineup changes related to ZZ being out. All new rotations but they can all still play defense so it's just a matter of practice time and tweaking. Hopefully they can be ready by Thursday.

Should be able to dominate inside on this team with only one player over 6-7. If the perimeter shooting is just decent we win by double digits. Duke will take a more complete effort. Not sure if this team is capable of that.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
There are OTHER important things a coach for UT needs to prioritize and he obviously does not value them to keep playing the murder facilitator. Find me a good coach with integrity or pass.

At a bare minimum someone who doesn't harbor individuals involved in murder!

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Should be able to dominate inside on this team with only one player over 6-7. If the perimeter shooting is just decent we win by double digits. Duke will take a more complete effort. Not sure if this team is capable of that.

I hope so, that dude over 6'7 is an absolute stud; Reminds me of when Tennessee played Buffalo in football and Buffalo had Khalil Mack on their team - dude was way out of place and playing for the wrong team.

I wouldn't say VERY bad have we looked bad at times yes but to emphasize it with very is a bridge too far. All our games have been close and we are playing in what IMO is best from top to bottom conference. Add to that superior coaching from top to bottom and teams in SEC know and scheme & game plan for each team to the point they know your plays better than theirs. So IMO will be great to get out of conference for a while and put this smothering D on unsuspecting teams.

We lost badly to Florida and played dreadfully that entire game. Very bad. We lost every time we stepped outside of TBA in the month of February and each time we had a massive FG drought where we looked like a team that had never played basketball. When you're good enough as a team to beat #1 at home but fall apart so badly you can't do much of anything right vs teams that are in the NIT on the road. I'd qualify that as very bad.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back