Patrick Ewing fired

Yeah, not surprising given his track record. An example of a program holding on way too long to a player out of loyalty to what he brought them over 40 years ago. Time to move on.

had to be done. But Georgetown feels like it’s just now a cellar program and no hope forward. I’d make Jay Wright or Billy Donovan say no to a massive check

had to be done. But Georgetown feels like it’s just now a cellar program and no hope forward. I’d make Jay Wright or Billy Donovan say no to a massive check

I think they try to get Rick Pitino from Iona for a quick fix.

This is usually what happens when someone( besides Johnny) comes marching home. Now a legend at GU has his reputation segmented into " we love the player" and "but, we hate the coach". This is why I'm glad Peyton Manning just took his legacy and keeps it. The odds of being a high level winning coach to please fans long term is slim to none.

This is usually what happens when someone( besides Johnny) comes marching home. Now a legend at GU has his reputation segmented into " we love the player" and "but, we hate the coach". This is why I'm glad Peyton Manning just took his legacy and keeps it. The odds of being a high level winning coach to please fans long term is slim to none.

But nobody ever said a word about Tee. When he fits what you describe to the letter.

Lou Carnaseca, Ray Meyer, John Thompson

I can only imagine how corrupt St John’s, DePaul, and Georgetown were when these guys were coaching……

Why has G'town so bad for a while now? They aren't mediocre...they're awful. They've made 2 NCAATs since 2014. Ewing was not a good coach, but they began fading under JTIII.

It's sad, because they historically are a great program.

Georgetown still feels like a very good job. DC, Maryland, Virginia recruiting is good for bball.

Just unsure what type of facilities and investment they're willing to make in to the program.

Why has G'town so bad for a while now? They aren't mediocre...they're awful. They've made 2 NCAATs since 2014. Ewing was not a good coach, but they began fading under JTIII.

It's sad, because they historically are a great program.
Georgetown Recruiting class rankings:
2015-28
2016-114
2017-44
2018-31
2019-55
2020-61
2021-16
2022-36

VN Store

Back