Hyatt drafted in 1st or 2nd round?

1st round gives a team a 5th year option. 2nd round does not. It would be in a team’s best interest to take him in round 1.

Your bears need to draft Young and trade Justin… I just don’t understand what they like about a running QB so much… His job is to pass and he doesn’t do that very well. Something I am missing?
He actually is not a bad passer. The OL has been horrible for the most part.
I agree that Young would be better but there’s no way the Bears will draft him

Hyatt, 2nd round. He has speed teams slobber for. However, unspoken concern about whether his slight frame can take the NFL pounding. However, his speed and hands are just too tempting to back completely off him. So says my dog and my cracked crystal ball. When both agree, they're usually right.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
He actually is not a bad passer. The OL has been horrible for the most part.
I agree that Young would be better but there’s no way the Bears will draft him

Young makes good decisions with the ball--savvy player--but he's tiny--5'10. That's going to be a problem in the NFL. Watch Murray of the Cards, their very overrated QB: He's the same height, 5'10" and has to break out of the pocket early any time the pass rush gets close because he can't see the field.

Young makes good decisions with the ball--savvy player--but he's tiny--5'10. That's going to be a problem in the NFL. Watch Murray of the Cards, their very overrated QB: He's the same height, 5'10" and has to break out of the pocket early any time the pass rush gets close because he can't see the field.
If I was drafting a QB this year I’d probably go with Stroud. Young is dam good but is too small

If he can break 4.4 at his pro day, I think he goes 1st round. Some team is gonna be enamored with his speed. I think Hyatt’s quicker than he is faster if that makes sense. He had a great 10 yd split (1.5 seconds). He’s got a chance to be really good. Has to get stronger and better as a route runner.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that the Giants, Jags, Bills or Chargers will be where he ends up. Buffalo needs a speed guy to pair with Diggs and he could potentially be valuable in the slot playing with Allen.
Bills already have Gabe Davis to pair with Diggs, and have Isaiah McKenzie and Khalil Shakir who both ran comparable 40s to Hyatt playing outcof the slot. They like both guys.

Buffalo's biggest need is on the defensive side of the ball, especially with Jordan Poyer and Tremaine Edmunds both being FAs.

Not saying that Buffalo couldn't use a guy like Hyatt, but I'd be surprised if they used their 1st rounder on him (or any offensive player) unless they had something like a top-15 grade on him and just couldn't pass on the value. Most every mock I've seen has them going defense due to their aging line and secondary.

McShay just released his newest version today and has them taking Keion White, an edge rusher out of Georgia Tech, but does note they could be in best player available mode when the pick is up. Maybe they view that player as Hyatt.

Not only that his arm strength they've found out is very suspect. He won't throw at the Combine. Chances are his agent doesn't mind him throwing at the Bama day for scouts, but DOES NOT WANT him able to be compared within minutes of throwing with the likes of Richardson, Levis, and Tedford. Young made his bones making plays while scrambling around and finding players open during his scrambles.

I’m looking at different ones that have Wright a first rounder and not Hyatt. Dane Bugler from the Athletic is one I was waiting for post-Combine. Now the different Pro Days may be the deciding factor between Hyatt and Zay Flowers. Not sure why Jordan Addison is entrenched as a first rounder. Good (not great) season and Hyatt outperformed him in every category at the Combine.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
That catch he made in the Florida game was of the best I've ever seen. Laid out past the DB, and even caught it with the UT logo pointed out. 1st rounder.

VN Store

Back