Carolina/Duke Basketball: The 2022-2023 Thread Celebrating the Tarheel Final Four Victory over Coach K in his Final Game

Duke is playing Virginia's kind of game and being successful at it.
Duke did a good job in out-Virginia-ing Virginia. What’s impressed me is that Duke has been able to complete the tournament playing against completely different types of opponents and being able to overcome their strengths. Miami is really athletic and Virginia just grinds you down.

“I guess we weren’t as good as we thought”

I let you decide who said it.

Yeah, I was a little surprised that it came from Bacot. He also said that those expectations were put on them by others,and not by themselves. I don't get it. Your best player who set school records and who should have his number retired with that kind of outlook. People put those expectations on you for a reason. This team was better than the way they played this year. I don't know if he decides to come back next year or not,but they have a lot to work on.

Even though I'm talking about Duke,it's on somewhat of a brighter note. A possible match up with Tennessee in the second round. Tennessee has their work cut out for them with Duke and Purdue in their bracket, I think they can match up well with Duke and take advantage of the youth of Duke with their stingy defense.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I don’t know who said it, but it would be most appropriate (and true) if it was any of this year’s starters for Carolina.
It was Bacot. I had seen the quote before @Dudleys87 posted it. Honestly, I can’t imagine his frustration. He’s the kind of guy that flourished in a Roy style of offense. If you were a capable big guy you were pretty much guaranteed 18 & 9. He still was very good, but I think he could’ve done more if the guard play around him was different and if the stretch 4 had played better. I think Nance had unrealistic expectations placed on him after Manek’s breakout play in March last year. You combine that w/ the rumored troubles going on behind the scenes and he has to be pissed.

Reactions: Pennheel
According to what Bilas was saying, they’d have to change the eligibility requirements in order for Bacot’s number to be retired

It was Bacot. I had seen the quote before @Dudleys87 posted it. Honestly, I can’t imagine his frustration. He’s the kind of guy that flourished in a Roy style of offense. If you were a capable big guy you were pretty much guaranteed 18 & 9. He still was very good, but I think he could’ve done more if the guard play around him was different and if the stretch 4 had played better. I think Nance had unrealistic expectations placed on him after Manek’s breakout play in March last year. You combine that w/ the rumored troubles going on behind the scenes and he has to be pissed.

Looking at it like that, I can definitely see where he'd be frustrated,and get where he's coming from. While this team was very talented, it lacked a lot in that chemistry department.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Yeah, I was a little surprised that it came from Bacot. He also said that those expectations were put on them by others,and not by themselves. I don't get it. Your best player who set school records and who should have his number retired with that kind of outlook. People put those expectations on you for a reason. This team was better than the way they played this year. I don't know if he decides to come back next year or not,but they have a lot to work on.

Even though I'm talking about Duke,it's on somewhat of a brighter note. A possible match up with Tennessee in the second round. Tennessee has their work cut out for them with Duke and Purdue in their bracket, I think they can match up well with Duke and take advantage of the youth of Duke with their stingy defense.

Outside of someone paying him a lot of money to do so I doubt he ever wears a Carolina jersey again.

Looking at it like that, I can definitely see where he'd be frustrated,and get where he's coming from. While this team was very talented, it lacked a lot in that chemistry department.

They thought they’d cruise back to a F4 and just finish things imo.

We fans didn’t help at all. I know I am guilty of saying they could get back there relatively easily before the season even started.

And for the record if things don’t turn around I’d be willing to bet someone asks Roy to come back to coaching.

VN Store

Back