The 2023 NBA thread (Draymond is overrated edition)

Kyrie has a problem with sports media people making money. He has a problem with fans making money. He probably has a problem with owners...he legit thinks he should get filthy rich playing a game that he doesn't even like to play half the time, and we're the ones ruining the purity and fun of the sport.

FB_IMG_1678466340330.jpg

Kyrie has a problem with sports media people making money. He has a problem with fans making money. He probably has a problem with owners...he legit thinks he should get filthy rich playing a game that he doesn't even like to play half the time, and we're the ones ruining the purity and fun of the sport.

View attachment 540192

He's not wrong about there being a difference between a diehard fan and a gambler betting on the game. Having said that, none of his behavior over his career indicates that he gives a crap about the interests of either one.

Here's the thing, there is some truth in what he says, the problem is he's the messenger. Media (tv and social) controls player narrative a lot, like with most everything in the world. And like with most everything in the world, the human brain is pathetic and easily manipulated within lesser humans. The problem is you smooth brained peons want validation not information, so you are easily controlled. The sooner us superior beings can wipe you all off the planet the better. #LongLiveKobraKy

Last edited:
Here's the thing, there is some truth in what he says, the problem is he's the messenger. Media (tv and social) controls player narrative a lot, like with most everything in the world. And like with most everything in the world, the human brain is pathetic and easily manipulated within lesser humans. The problem is you smooth brained peons want validation not information, so you are easily controlled. The sooner us superior beings can wipe you all off the planet the better. #LongLiveKobraKy
Does that mean I can't be the white creamy filling in a Dejounte and PG Oreo sandwich or am I being controlled by superior beings like you, who have put that thought in my pathetic, easily manipulated brain ?

Reactions: BadJerry20
Does that mean I can't be the white creamy filling in a Dejounte and PG Oreo sandwich or am I being controlled by superior beings like you, who have put that thought in my pathetic, easily manipulated brain ?

Nah loving sexy men isn't manipulation, that's just smart. Letting me spank you with a wet noodle while you bark like a chihuahua...well that's a different story.

Reactions: The Dog

Kyrie thinks it's personal, which is why he's always making comments about people being jealous of him or bitter, or whatever. I guess the media controls the narrative but nobody has any reason to believe Seth Curry is the problem, and we have a bunch of reasons to believe it's Kyrie with some KD sprinkled in. The media can control the narrative by keeping the focus on Kyrie, but his choices and behavior are the sole reason the focus is on him in the first place.

Kyrie thinks it's personal, which is why he's always making comments about people being jealous of him or bitter, or whatever. I guess the media controls the narrative but nobody has any reason to believe Seth Curry is the problem, and we have a bunch of reasons to believe it's Kyrie with some KD sprinkled in. The media can control the narrative by keeping the focus on Kyrie, but his choices and behavior are the sole reason the focus is on him in the first place.

You will definitely be one of the first I eradicate.

You know what's worse than shelling out $200 for a nose-bleed to see KD sit?...watching Giannis shoot 50% more FTA's than the entire home team. Sometimes I hate this game.

Reactions: The Dog
Jokic has 45 kicked balls this season. 2nd place is 17, LOL. I hate it when people kick the ball. It's not allowed but you can use it to disrupt a good play. Should be a foul or a delay of game, or something. Why is it illegal but not penalized when guys are so clearly doing it on purpose to their advantage?

You know what's worse than shelling out $200 for a nose-bleed to see KD sit?...watching Giannis shoot 50% more FTA's than the entire home team. Sometimes I hate this game.
Giannis did pin Booker in the 4th quarter to win me some money, so I'm happy. But, I understand, man. What a great match-up that could have been, with KD, I think Middleton didn't play, either. Then you get the refs being whistle happy for the away team's superstar. Sorry, man, I've had my share of overpriced duds, also

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
Giannis did pin Booker in the 4th quarter to win me some money, so I'm happy. But, I understand, man. What a great match-up that could have been, with KD, I think Middleton didn't play, either. Then you get the refs being whistle happy for the away team's superstar. Sorry, man, I've had my share of overpriced duds, also

Middleton's not good this year but I think they win it all without him

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
I just looked at the Clippers schedule. I'm predicting 6-0 or 5-1, depending on who plays @ Portland on the 2nd game of a back to back. That Portland game is the only road game, also. Then they get @ Memphis back to back, but I will worry about that later

I think Sacramento has locked up the 3rd spot, they continue to ball out and Sabonis is throwing up triple/doubles, every other night. They look good, Fox is a superstar. Hell, they probably will pass Memphis if Ja doesn't hurry back

Win any money @BadJerry20 ? I didn't, had Russ to get a double/double and didn't see the floor late in the 4th. Hell, had the points, 9 boards and 7 assists. Did he get hurt ?

I just looked at the Clippers schedule. I'm predicting 6-0 or 5-1, depending on who plays @ Portland on the 2nd game of a back to back. That Portland game is the only road game, also. Then they get @ Memphis back to back, but I will worry about that later

Yeah the schedule is def easier than it has been the past couple weeks. I'll give Lue props too, he has been doing a better job at playing the guys that are playing good the last few games.

VN Store

Back