It seems like just yesterday to me when....

Such fun teams to watch
I was sitting (well mostly standing and screaming) in the north end zone (thankfully under the awning in the dry) that game... I got back home after midnight and rewatched the game on the 'vcr' until the sun came up.

Last edited:
In the 90s we had 9 straight wins over Georgia, I believe--and Georgia had some good, talented teams in those years. But we were physical, could run the ball and were just better---won some good, close games. And I believe we beat bama, what, 5 or 6 straight at one point when we were going strong and they were down. LSU was also really bad in the 90s, I recall. I remember thinking at that time: Damn, if LSU, with all the high-school talent in that state, can be down (way down) for a decade, we'd better hope that we don't start heading south, because it could easily happen to us. And, of course....it did.
The 90's are UGA's worst decade since black folks started playing football. It's not an accident that when they were down, we were up. It's certainly not impossible for us to build back into a powerhouse with them at the top, but it sure would help if they declined. Easy access to the talent in that State after Dooley retired but before Richt came was one of the formulas behind our 90's success.

In the 90s we had 9 straight wins over Georgia, I believe--and Georgia had some good, talented teams in those years. But we were physical, could run the ball and were just better---won some good, close games. And I believe we beat bama, what, 5 or 6 straight at one point when we were going strong and they were down. LSU was also really bad in the 90s, I recall. I remember thinking at that time: Damn, if LSU, with all the high-school talent in that state, can be down (way down) for a decade, we'd better hope that we don't start heading south, because it could easily happen to us. And, of course....it did.
I miss the days of playing teams coached by Goff, Donnan, DiNardo, etc.

Now we have 4 coaches who have at least played for the NC, and you can potentially sign the #5 class in the nation and be 4th in the SEC.

It is great seeing all these great plays again. The Cobb run was in a poring rain storm. We had some of the greatest runners in football back then.

VN Store

Back