OK Fellow Experts on Women BB, pick the 16 teams that will host first rounds

stllvf

StlLVF Saw first game in 1976
My prediction is that the LVols will not host and will be paired with none of the eight the team has played: Oklahoma.

My 16 : South Carolina, Indiana, Iowa, Stanford, Utah, LSU, Virginia Tech, Conn, Duke, Gonzaga, Ohio State Texas, Maryland, Oklahoma and Notre Dame (unless factoring in loss of star)

several conference champs not yet decides but by there division titles, no time left to pick. The winner will receive LIKES from every other participant and while pushing the Like key the losers must slightly bow in genuine honor.

Last edited:
My prediction is that the LVols will not host and will be paired with none of the eight the team has played: Oklahoma.

My 16 : South Carolina, Indiana, Iowa, Stanford, Utah, LSU, Virginia Tech, Conn, Texas, Gonzaga, Texas, Maryland, Oklahoma and Notre Dame (unless factoring in loss of star)

The winner will receive LIKES from every other participant and while pushing the Like key the losers must slightly bow in genuine honor.
Gonzaga Lost their tournament title. I don't see them being in the top 16. Also, Texas and Oklahoma are yet to play their tournament and I think 1 or both could be eliminated from the top 16. There are some givens with who is going to host, but there are a lot of toss-ups with that 14-18 group. I still think the Committee will look favorable to the Lady Vols due to their strength of schedule, getting to the SEC final by beating a top-five team, and their NET, RPI, and ELO rankings which are all above 16. Just my opinion though.

Oklahoma getting screwed by the NETOnly ranked 36 with Iowa state ranked in the top 16. If oklahoma wins the Big 12 tourney, I don’t think that will jump 20 places to inside the 16. Hopefully the committee will cure the NET problems.

I’ll play!

1 South Carolina
2 UCONN
3 Indiana
4 Stanford
5 LSU
6 Utah
7 Iowa
8 Duke
9 Virginia Tech
10 Texas
11 Villanova
12 Maryland
13 Ohio State
14 Notre Dame
15 Tennessee
16 Oklahoma

Oklahoma is down in the Net quite a way but I suspect if they have a good showing in the Big 12 tourney and make the finals they will get a top 16 seed.

Notre Dame did not finish the season very well after Miles went down. She’s very tough to replace so I moved them down a lot from where they are at 8 in the Net.

I believe that 1-4 is who will get the 1 seeds. Stanford didn’t finish so hot, but LSU really never built enough resume for a 1 seed. I suspect the committee gives them a 2 to encourage tougher scheduling next season.

Washington State won the PAC-12 but I just don’t think that was quite enough to get them a hosting spot. Probably a 5 seed for them.

Iowa State is 14 in the Net but trending the wrong direction. I think they would have to win the Big 12 to remain in the top 16. They play Baylor in their first Big 12 tourney game and Baylor already knocked them off earlier this season.

Last edited:
South Carolina
Indiana
Stanford
Iowa
Va Tech
Utah
UConn
Maryland
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Duke
LSU
UCLA
Texas
Villanova
Oklahoma

I don't think we host unless Oklahoma loses their next game. We also have to worry about North Carolina in the mix because of their several top ten wins.

Last edited:
Despite not playing tonight, Oklahoma (NET #37) takes a hit. Instead of playing NET #36 Kansas tomorrow in the Big 12 quarterfinals, they will get NET #147 TCU who upset Kansas tonight.

Kansas has been one of the most difficult teams to figure out. They were all over the board and back this season.

Reactions: travis929 and djtee
Folks seem to be leaving out North Carolina in their guesses. They've appeared at least once in the Top 16 reveals, while Oklahoma has not. Creme also has them as a sub-regional host site, not Oklahoma.

Reactions: travis929
I watched the game overrated from what i can see ?

Sometimes but other times they play like a really great team. Prater and Jackson are both very talented. I think they put the ball in Kersgeiter’s hands too much. She’s a talented scorer but she’s just not that athletic.

They should be running things through Jackson a lot more. She’s a good finisher and has superior size and mobility.

They remind me of Tennessee the last couple Holly years. You might see a Top 15 team show up one night against a ranked opponent and then two night later they look like a sub 100 team.

Last edited:
Folks seem to be leaving out North Carolina in their guesses. They've appeared at least once in the Top 16 reveals, while Oklahoma has not. Creme also has them as a sub-regional host site, not Oklahoma.

I don’t think North Carolina hosts. ACC was weak. They aren’t getting 4 schools in the top 16.

And I’m aware that’s not what the experts would say. I wasn’t impressed with the ACC this season though. Louisville was supposed to be the best team I believe and they were meh. NC State was no good at all, Notre Dame was good until Miles went down, now they are one dimensional.

If VaTech is leading that conference something is wrong. They have a veteran team but as we saw when we played them they just aren’t that tough. TK had clots in her lungs and we still had an opportunity to win that game. Had we played in February instead of Nov I think we would have handled them easily at home.

Duke is probably the best team in that conference based on their defense alone but they can’t score the ball to save their life.

Last edited:
Creme still has Lady Vols in Virginia Tech region playing as a 5 seed at Villanova in first and second round

1. South Carolina
  2. Indiana
  3. Stanford
  4. Iowa
  5. Virginia Tech
  6. UConn
  7. Utah
  8. Maryland
  9. LSU
  10. Duke
  11. Notre Dame
  12. Ohio State
  13. Texas
  14. Villanova
  15. Tennessee
  16. UCLA
Honestly, it seems like those 12-18 or so slots come down to how the committee weights bad losses vs. significant wins. Tennessee and Villanova, for example, have no bad losses, while Texas (3 Q2 losses), Ohio State (1 Q2 loss), UCLA (loss to Oregon State), UNC (losses to Miami and Syracuse), and Iowa State (1 Q2 loss) all have at least one head-scratcher, but they all also probably have each amassed more significant wins than Tennessee or Villanova. At this point, I'm not even considering Oklahoma given their NET (#36), SOS (#39), they have a Q2 loss, and their best win is probably Iowa State at home in the game that Stephanie Soares got injured. I suppose Texas, Iowa State, and Oklahoma could shake things up in the next few days depending on how the Big 12 tournament goes down.

Creme still has Lady Vols in Virginia Tech region playing as a 5 seed at Villanova in first and second round
I hope we host but If this is that matchup… it’s very very winnable

Villanova is definitely not a bad team but not exactly impressed. When you get past Siegrist that don’t have much
Exactly. The more I see brackets with us as a 5, the better I like them. Better to be the first or second 5 than the last 4 apparently. Please pair us with Va Tech!

VN Store

Back