key will be back playing next year on rocky top "my journey is not yet finished" facebook

The NBA Backs the WNBA and the woman still get crappy pay. I personally don't follow the WNBA but I will watch during playoffs just as I do the NBA just mind boggling about the pay difference
I don't follow either and the fact that we both don't, even tho we follow college WBB, probably explains alot. Can't put my finger on why interest drops like that. Maybe when the new crop, Boston, Cooke, Joens, than later Clark, Paige, etc get there interest will pick up. Notice I did not include our two.

This should answer some of the questions that I have seen here. Copied from Maria Cornelius on the Summitt 24/7 board...

While there is a window to be in the portal now - starts Monday, open 60 days - the same overall situation applies as last year. The majority of the top players know where they're going when they enter it or least have a very narrow list and a very good idea of where they want to play. Not everyone in the portal is recruitable, per se. I suppose the exceptions would be those who want to see the max market value and how that shakes out. But it's rare that a top player in the portal is wide open to all.

As I said before, LVs can't engage in so-called bidding wars right now. With that said, every dollar helps because it boosts, pun intended, what the Boost Her Club can have in its portfolio of options.

It's not pay to play, it's here is what is available, here is who is interested in partnering with Lady Vols for events, appearances, etc.

It is OK to present options. It just can't be tied to a condition of enrollment. (If any collective has entered into "contracts" with recruits and they opt not to enroll, that contract is still valid and the payment is still due if other conditions of contract were met. Voiding it has the NCAA's interests.)

Plans start as low as $10 a month.

Membership Levels

Circle of Honor is $10,000 a year and needed. If anyone here knows someone who really wants to support women at that level, send them to the website.

The NBA Backs the WNBA and the woman still get crappy pay. I personally don't follow the WNBA but I will watch during playoffs just as I do the NBA just mind boggling about the pay difference

...and crappy lifestyle. They are provided with a small apartment and are responsible for paying for their own living expenses. Also, they have to fly commercial. Our WBB team flies charter to away games.

We need a point guard and another off guard. We need a top notch scoring small forward. Any pg up north of TN looking to enter the portal? Maybe one that would love to play with her sister the following year? One that thinks their HC job might be in jeopardy?

This should answer some of the questions that I have seen here. Copied from Maria Cornelius on the Summitt 24/7 board...

While there is a window to be in the portal now - starts Monday, open 60 days - the same overall situation applies as last year. The majority of the top players know where they're going when they enter it or least have a very narrow list and a very good idea of where they want to play. Not everyone in the portal is recruitable, per se. I suppose the exceptions would be those who want to see the max market value and how that shakes out. But it's rare that a top player in the portal is wide open to all.

As I said before, LVs can't engage in so-called bidding wars right now. With that said, every dollar helps because it boosts, pun intended, what the Boost Her Club can have in its portfolio of options.

It's not pay to play, it's here is what is available, here is who is interested in partnering with Lady Vols for events, appearances, etc.

It is OK to present options. It just can't be tied to a condition of enrollment. (If any collective has entered into "contracts" with recruits and they opt not to enroll, that contract is still valid and the payment is still due if other conditions of contract were met. Voiding it has the NCAA's interests.)

Plans start as low as $10 a month.

Membership Levels

Circle of Honor is $10,000 a year and needed. If anyone here knows someone who really wants to support women at that level, send them to the website.
Good info, thanks. So all cash donations from my measley 10$ to Jim Haslam's 10K go into a general fund, as do opportunities for partnerships. Right? If there are no direct cash payouts, what happens to the donated cash?

How are the cash and opportunities from the general fund allocated among the women athletes? Or just to put it plainly, can't we just give it all to Jordy and Rickea and beg them to stay? Do business partners have a say in what athletes they partner with? I can see where it's hard to get businesses to do it if it means partnering with a yet to be determined LV who may decide to leave school but would be forced to come back and still do your events? LOL this doesn't sound too appealing for either side.

As far as finding big donor support, if we're down to word of mouth we are in trouble as previously rumored. I'm sure the development team has an active list of potential donors and are working them hard.

I'm thinking we're up against a deadline with all this, which is why we're hearing alot about it right now.The draft is in a few weeks and pandora's portal opens Monday. Coaches need to have an idea of who's going and who's staying to know what they need.

Thanks again for all the info.

Good info, thanks. So all cash donations from my measley 10$ to Jim Haslam's 10K go into a general fund, as do opportunities for partnerships. Right? If there are no direct cash payouts, what happens to the donated cash?

How are the cash and opportunities from the general fund allocated among the women athletes? Or just to put it plainly, can't we just give it all to Jordy and Rickea and beg them to stay? Do business partners have a say in what athletes they partner with? I can see where it's hard to get businesses to do it if it means partnering with a yet to be determined LV who may decide to leave school but would be forced to come back and still do your events? LOL this doesn't sound too appealing for either side.

As far as finding big donor support, if we're down to word of mouth we are in trouble as previously rumored. I'm sure the development team has an active list of potential donors and are working them hard.

I'm thinking we're up against a deadline with all this, which is why we're hearing alot about it right now.The draft is in a few weeks and pandora's portal opens Monday. Coaches need to have an idea of who's going and who's staying to know what they need.

Yes, paying bribes to college students. What could be wrong with that....NIL is a joke--a bad one.

There are no equal payouts to players that I'm aware of. The NIL may have contracts with players to appear at certain events and activities. Yes, a donor can specify an activity for an individual athlete to perform for a certain fee. The more in-demand athletes can get more income than the others as well.

Well, if you want to remain competitive in the UT sports you follow, then donating to an NIL helps reach that goal. To look the other way and hope the best athletes sign with you anyway is folly.

Heck, even Arch Manning, who's family has plenty of wealth, signed a lucrative NIL deal with Texas's collective.

Yes, paying bribes to college students. What could be wrong with that....NIL is a joke--a bad one.

Thanks again, not meaning to hammer you, I should probably ask the BoostHer Club lol.

I'm still not exactly understanding what happens to any money I donate. Goes to a general fund, but equal payment to athletes are not made, nor direct cash to any of them. So where does that money go?

I'll ask them.

Revenue; NBA 10 billion & WNBA 60 million. I think the WNBA loses money every year. WNBA viewership is up, salaries are up, and revenue share is up but we'll see what happens in time.

Revenue; NBA 10 billion & WNBA 60 million. I think the WNBA loses money every year. WNBA viewership is up, salaries are up, and revenue share is up but we'll see what happens in time.

Yes, the WNBA seems to be trending in the right direction. The new bargaining agreement incrementally increases mins and max salaries each year. I think having two bonafide super teams in Vegas and NY will also help to draw attention to the league.

It has been an enduring problem that the WNBA has never been able to transfer fan interest in WCBB to their game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don't see why Jordan Horston would want to leave. She won 3 state titles on high school and never has played for a championship white at UT from what i can remember anyways. One could truly imagine what the Lady Vols would look like next year if Horston and Jackson come back for i'm sure with a particular purpose in winning a ring...

I don't see why Jordan Horston would want to leave. She won 3 state titles on high school and never has played for a championship white at UT from what i can remember anyways. One could truly imagine what the Lady Vols would look like next year if Horston and Jackson come back for i'm sure with a particular purpose in winning a ring...
I think most thought that was going to be this year.

Horston needs to work on her catch and shoot if she’s leaving for the W because her handles are a little spotty to be just a dribble scorer

Part of the WNBA issue is when it is played. I like my seasons, both in terms of weather and in sports. I watch so much basketball in Winder and early Spring that I am not nearly in the same mood to do so during the Summer.

I do think the timing of the WNBA season is a bit of a problem. Their league feels like an after thought to the NBA.

I think the same problem has made it difficult for the various spring time, XFL, pro football leagues to gain fan traction.

On the flipside, I am sure the original worry was that WNBA could not break through if its season ran concurrently with the NBA.

No easy solution to the timing conundrum

I do think the timing of the WNBA season is a bit of a problem. Their league feels like an after thought to the NBA.

I think the same problem has made it difficult for the various spring time, XFL, pro football leagues to gain fan traction.

On the flipside, I am sure the original worry was that WNBA could not break through if its season ran concurrently with the NBA.

No easy solution to the timing conundrum

This is where the thinking and marketing is askew...That would assume that the same viewers watch both leagues. While in Atlanta, I was one of the very few who went to both Hawks and Dream games often,,,definitely a different viewership pool

This is where the thinking and marketing is askew...That would assume that the same viewers watch both leagues. While in Atlanta, I was one of the very few who went to both Hawks and Dream games often,,,definitely a different viewership pool

I agree that there are definitely different target markets involved.

From a media standpoint, getting the WNBA decent media airtime in direct competition with the NBA (and NFL) is tricky. Social media makes more targeted media approach very viable now but that was not the case when the league launched.

Ha: That was supposed to be the goal THIS YEAR.

Correct me if my memory has failed me, but I believe one of the reasons for the summer season for the WNBA at its inception was because they were using the NBA facilities and they wanted to avoid any conflicts with use of the facilities both for practice and game dates/times.

It seems that even with some separation since then, corporate inertia has had its impact, also. jmo

Jim

Not mind boggling at all, it's simple market demand...
i saw on youtube one wnba owner who owns a nba team same city. he said wnba team losing money he though about giving his wnba team back or ending it. video was about why wnba should get equal paid as some wnba were saying. video was making fun wnba players should make same as nba players. wnba owners losing money. there not views to support million dollars contracts.

TNT pays the NBA $2.6 BILLION a year for TV rights to the league.

The WNBA's TV contract is worth a paltry $27 million--maybe a bit more.

That is why the NBA is rich and the WNBA is poor.

Still is.

It was quite a bit easier when they had the leading shot blocker in UT history who could neutralize many top post players and turn away guard drives and in general change opponents'offensive plans.
We were so robbed this season….as usual! I could only imagine what life would’ve been like seeing all those guards blow past Walker and Powell, because they did that often, only to be met by Tamari. 😢

VN Store

Back