The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Dad is in the market for a higher caliber AR.

Any concerns with the PSA .308? They've got great prices right now.

Dad is in the market for a higher caliber AR.

Any concerns with the PSA .308? They've got great prices right now.
Sig Tread 716i. Ruger SFAR.

I know there were some issues with the Gen 1 PSA .308. I think they’ve got them figured out with Gen 2. PSA has great customer service regardless.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Anyone own a USP? How does it compare to other full sized pistols? Enjoyable?

I wouldn’t mind having the little brother of the Mark 23.

Help me out folks. It’s been nearly a full week that I’ve had my 1911, which means it’s time to think about my next purchase. I’m a degenerate.

This time I want to keep it under $600 if not a lot less. Here are what I’m considering:

Ruger 10/22
View attachment 456128
Simple, cheap, classic. Currently I don’t care for shooting rifles very much, but perhaps I would benefit from a economical platform to work with. I would try to get the most basic version to keep costs low.

Glock 19:

View attachment 456129

This one I’m am not certain about. Now that I carry the P365XL, my mind starts wondering if I could conceal a Glock 19. The advantage over the P365XL is that it will feel and shoot much more like a full size handgun. The P365XL still shoots and behaves like a smaller gun. Big downside of the Glock is if I get it and I can’t conceal it comfortably, it would be money wasted.

Beretta CX-4 Storm
View attachment 456130

I like how it’s unique but practical. It would mainly be a range toy, but with a red dot and weapon light, it could be a decent home defense gun. Works with the same magazines as the 92 and chambered in 9mm so it’s cheaper to shoot than my AR. Downside is limited aftermarket and I may not get a lot of use out of it.

View attachment 456132
I’m also thinking about a snub nose revolver, like a S&W J-frame. Always liked them, but realistically I don’t have a reason to carry one. I also don’t feel like adding another caliber to my inventory.

Can anyone chime in if they’ve had experience with any of the ones I’ve mentioned. I would love to hear what you all have liked and disliked. At this moment I feel like the 10/22 is the smart play financially and getting max usage at the range.

Huh, guess I ended up with all of them. Time to start a new list.

@C-south can you detail your sling setup for the storm? I don’t know a whole lot about slings, so any advice is appreciated.

Huh, guess I ended up with all of them. Time to start a new list.

@C-south can you detail your sling setup for the storm? I don’t know a whole lot about slings, so any advice is appreciated.

I just got a basic cabela’s brand sling that attaches straight to the studs. Basically has a threaded spring loaded pin that goes through the stud. You line up the back side and tighten with the attached thumb screw. *I kinda explained it wrong but added a couple pics for more clarity. There’s different types of sling mounts I just went with the simplest.

16E5FCB1-20CF-4745-88E0-C3D75020E0F2.jpeg
16E5FCB1-20CF-4745-88E0-C3D75020E0F2.jpeg065D023E-937E-4C2D-8C82-E8F35308D549.jpeg083995F2-589A-433B-BC98-D2CFA50EB596.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerd-Vol
Anyone own a USP? How does it compare to other full sized pistols? Enjoyable?

I wouldn’t mind having the little brother of the Mark 23.

Has a trigger pull like trying to lift a gallon of milk with your finger... of course, it's been a minute since I owned one; so, they might have improved it.

Otherwise, shoots great and is a tack driver. My USP45 was good, though not for me in the long run.

Has a trigger pull like trying to lift a gallon of milk with your finger... of course, it's been a minute since I owned one; so, they might have improved it.

Otherwise, shoots great and is a tack driver. My USP45 was good, though not for me in the long run.

Yeah, I held one and tried the trigger at the gun store when I was picking up my Beretta. I was not impressed with the USP trigger. Not horrendous, but for a $1k gun, I expected better.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Avert your eyes, @YankeeVol

I decided to get a little weird with part of my tax refund. I’ll report back when I go to the range next weekend. I love the looks and feel of the CX4 Storm even more than I expected. For under $600 I’m pretty happy.

View attachment 538018

Put a Sig Romeo 5 on it and you’ll be even happier!

I put an MSR on mine. Wish I had went with a Romeo 5 like on my ARs. I only got the MSR because it came in FDE.

For under $120 the Romeo 5 is such a good value.

I need to figure out a decent cheap scope for my 10/22. I know absolutely nothing about scopes, how to mount them or much else, but it would be fun to see how far I can lob some 22LR. 100 yards on steel is a cinch with the factory irons.

For under $120 the Romeo 5 is such a good value.

I need to figure out a decent cheap scope for my 10/22. I know absolutely nothing about scopes, how to mount them or much else, but it would be fun to see how far I can lob some 22LR. 100 yards on steel is a cinch with the factory irons.
$120 is cheap my friend. Trust me lol

VN Store

Back