Game Thread: SEC FINAL; Lady Vols Vs SOU CAR...Sunday 3PM...ESPN

The biggest factor in the LVs lost to SC was because they were drained, physically and emotionally, from the tremendous effort to come back from a 27-10 deficit and defeat LSU. The score would have been much closer, probably 70-68 SC, if they could have had a 1 day rest. Kellie coached like Auriemma in the LSU and SC games.. She kept her best players on the floor. She substituted when she needed to substitute. I give her an "A" for her coaching efforts. I say this as one of her most persistent critics. BTW, the LVs had only 11 turnovers.

SC entered the game with superior players and left with superior players and I have stated they did not change the PROBABLE outcome of the game. But there is no justification for the different level of contact allowed PARTICULARLY around the goal ending with foul calls. They applied the rules of verticality within the cylinder of the both the shooter and the defender differently on each end. Consistently enough to be outside normal acceptable deviation and indicating a bias. Go read all the references in rule 4 about cylinders in the guarding (17?) and verticality (39?) sections for a start.
dont need to read i am sure you are correct different level of contact allowed

That’ll be flagged as a “negavol”…not sure you want that pinned on you

No, it won’t, because that poster contributes more than just negative nonsense.

People like you get branded a “negavol” because you’re never willing to bring ANYTHING positive to the table.

I’m probably harder on the players and coach than you are sometimes. But I’m also willing to give credit where credit is due.

It gets so old with some of y’all who just post one drive by low blow after another.

No, it won’t, because that poster contributes more than just negative nonsense.

People like you get branded a “negavol” because you’re never willing to bring ANYTHING positive to the table.

I’m probably harder on the players and coach than you are sometimes. But I’m also willing to give credit where credit is due.

It gets so old with some of y’all who just post one drive by low blow after another.
Just last week, I said in big games Tess is continuously brings 6 or less points in big games. Stated for us (Tennessee) to be competitive in those games with a chance to win she has to be at 10+. LSU she had 10….biggest celebration here in along time. There’s your positive. And then we have yesterday. It’s not negative, it happens to be true. Some don’t understand the difference.

Just last week, I said in big games Tess is continuously brings 6 or less points in big games. Stated for us (Tennessee) to be competitive in those games with a chance to win she has to be at 10+. LSU she had 10….biggest celebration here in along time. There’s your positive. And then we have yesterday. It’s not negative, it happens to be true. Some don’t understand the difference.

Not interested in going back and forth with you. Just letting you know why people view you the way they do.

One positive comment in an entire week is pathetic lol. Have a personality and mix it up a little.

I might post three negative things and then three positive things in 10 minutes. It’s about objectivity if you’re truly a fan. Otherwise you’re just kind of a hater.

Last edited:
Missed you and your “where are you now”. Even communicated with a gif of John Travolta….glad you made it back the morning after. Very little blah blah from you though.
I tend to try to not post as much when I am not pleased with coaching.

letting a 9-0 run go in the early stages and trying to spark the team by putting in two players who have all but disappeared towards the end of the season reallly got my goat

Not interested in going back and forth with you. Just letting you know why people view you the way you do.

One positive comment in an entire week is pathetic lol. Have a personality and mix it up a little.

I might post three negative things and then three positive things in 10 minutes. It’s about objectivity if you’re truly a fan. Otherwise you’re just kind of a hater.

you must of missed my congratulations to the team on beating LSU and Kellie on her first benchmark win this year. But to call another fan a hater who has higher expectations than 1 win in the last 13 attempts against top 25 teams isn’t a hater. Just a realist…you can support the team and be disappointed in the staff and direction of the team under the staff.

I did think our posts did, for the most part, a terrific job of maintaining verticality, but still got called for a number of fouls I just didn't think were deserved. I thought as long as the arms are straight up it's not supposed to be a foul, and it sure looked to me like most of Striplen's fouls and some of Hollingshead's fouls were not actually fouls. Looked to me like if there was any contact it was because the SC post had leaned INTO the arrow-straight-up arms of the UT player. I mean, what else could they do? Is there really nothing a post defender can do that isn't automatically whistled as a foul???

I have not rewatched the game so I could be completely wrong, I know. Just saying this was my frustration watching the game.

Exactly. Go read the rules and beyond the protections of the arc for drivers IF the defender simply remains in defensive position, more of the rules provide coverage for the defensive player ONCE they have established legal guarding position. Particularly the surprising part is there is NO time and distance protections for the player with the ball, get there first with two feet and your cylinder is defined and you are free to jump up with your arms within your cylinder and you are good. Have you ever seen them point to the arc on an elevated defender? Might wrongly call a foul, but not with the arc protection. Oddly, there is a pretty healthy time and distance protection for players without the ball.

Go to the rule book and search on the word cylinder and it will lead you to the most relevant rules for this discussion. Reserve a little time though.

you must of missed my congratulations to the team on beating LSU and Kellie on her first benchmark win this year. But to call another fan a hater who has higher expectations than 1 win in the last 13 attempts against top 25 teams isn’t a hater. Just a realist…you can support the team and be disappointed in the staff and direction of the team under the staff.
true, but you stay disappointed and do not acknowledge progress, instead waiting for regress and constant posting of negativism

After a while EVERYONE gets tired of it. You entered Darth country and I loathe such an Eyeore persona

Reactions: Memvol44
Not about the SC game but more as a wrap up to the tournament.
No matter what happened today the look of unadulterated joy on the faces of the team and staff last night will stick with me for a long, long time! They all really deserved that moment. That will be a lifelong memory for them all.
The love between and among the players and staff in the locker room was profound and made me even more proud of this program! Well done LVs!!!
This so much. Hard to believe this was the ONLY such moment in this long season, except perhaps the last second win at Mizzu. But that was more of a glad to escape moment. I'll bet Kellie feels like she gave birth to the LSU win after a six month labor. Made sweeter bc it involved an epic comeback, and bc it was trash talking LSU. I just wish we they had longer to savor it.

All the players said after the game they think the LSU win will carry over. I sure hope so. Maybe at least one more bright, shining moment?

Every player, and coach, began every post game interview by giving credit to So Car. Well done.

Exactly. Go read the rules and beyond the protections of the arc for drivers IF the defender simply remains in defensive position, more of the rules provide coverage for the defensive player ONCE they have established legal guarding position. Particularly the surprising part is there is NO time and distance protections for the player with the ball, get there first with two feet and your cylinder is defined and you are free to jump up with your arms within your cylinder and you are good. Have you ever seen them point to the arc on an elevated defender? Might wrongly call a foul, but not with the arc protection. Oddly, there is a pretty healthy time and distance protection for players without the ball.

Go to the rule book and search on the word cylinder and it will lead you to the most relevant rules for this discussion. Reserve a little time though.
maybe the stripes should read that book again

true, but you stay disappointed and do not acknowledge progress, instead waiting for regress and constant posting of negativism

After a while EVERYONE gets tired of it. You entered Darth country and I loathe such an Eyeore persona
I don’t acknowledge progress winning the games you’re supposed to win. Which is the bulk of the schedule. Easy to pat on the back when you’re beating up on mediocrity.

Reactions: Dansky
It will be interesting to see how this tournament run affects the NCAA Tournament seeding.
I would be surprised if the committee gave us a 4 seed. 5 sounds about right which is still a good bit better than 7 or 8 seed
5 is a bit better than 7 or 8, but according to seedings watchers actually a little worse than 6. Apparently 5 puts you in the line of fire of the 1 seed sooner.

Wouldn't it be ironic, yet typical of this torturous season, if the reward for finally breaking thru with a ranked win is to get a worse draw?

I hold out a tiny sliver of hope for a 4 bc we would be a good home draw during very, very sparesly attended first rounds. But I'm afraid the same skepticism and general loathing that keeps us out of the rankings will send us packing.

I tend to try to not post as much when I am not pleased with coaching.

letting a 9-0 run go in the early stages and trying to spark the team by putting in two players who have all but disappeared towards the end of the season reallly got my goat
Kellie saw the dead legs, she was trying to steal some minutes....

Think it takes more than a 2 minute timeout...
You'd be surprised
I have used timeouts to rest my teams very effectively when I had to keep the same players in a game to stay competitive

this is why I coach by the strategy 2 for game/2 for end-game
if there is no run to stop or no coaching moments, the timeout can give the players a mental break, which is just as refreshing as a sitdown break

I also teach my players when resting short breaks to breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth to re-invigorate quicker...when out of breath you start open-mouth breathing which isn't natural for the body...

Here’s a closer look at some of the perks of nose breathing:

• It filters toxins: The hairs inside your nose (cilia), act as a natural filtration system, preventing allergens, dust and pollen from entering the lungs. With mouth breathing, everything you inhale goes straight to your lungs.
  • It humidifies the air: Your nasal passages moisturize and warm the air you inhale. When the air that comes in is closer to body temperature, it’s easier for your lungs to use.
  • It produces nitric oxide: Breathing through your nose, also called nasal breathing, releases nitric oxide (NO). That nitric oxide helps widen your blood vessels and makes it easier for nutrient-rich oxygenated blood to reach all of your body’s organs and tissues.

Reactions: lvocd
My problem w subs is how often a scheduled sub either breaks an offense in rythmn (which doesn't happen much) or replaces a player who's hot.

I get having Jordy sub out in the first rotation if she's started out a little erratic, but yesterday she was playing great. For God's sake don't fool with that! I get that Tess gets situational subs for D sometimes, but it seems she often gets taken out after hitting a couple of straight 3s. that shooting is so much about rythmn, don't break it. Sometimes she takes RJ out for the end of the qtr add on breather even if we're in a scoring draught. Chances to score go down exponentionally without her, especially on our special end of the quarter double deluxe play.

From now on they're all elimination games. Ride em while they're hot because we don't get hot all that much. She who hates change hangs on to planned rotation a little too much in some situations.

VN Store

Back