Game Thread: Lady Vols Vs LSU: SEC Semi; 6:30 PM on ESPNU (((WIN 69-67)

Did Kelly out coach Mulkey? A decided tier one coach? How can that be? The clown was very disrespectful to her players in blaming them, which is low class. She had no adjustments for the defense of the LVs.
LSU slapped TN in the face the entire first half but TN out coached, out played, out hustled and out toughed LSU in every way possible the 2nd half.

One team had a much stronger desire and will to win, and it prevailed.

Last edited:
I love how people come on here posting tirades of messages about play but when play turns around they stop posting... 😂

You can be disappointed in play and express your displeasure in it that's fair and actually a part of being a fan but you can also post when the play turns around and give credit where credit is due.

I felt like Kellie grew this game because old kellie would have tried to keep forcing Franklin or Puckett into the game somehow. I wanted to pull my hair out with Franklin the past two games but I was glad to see the substitutions she made and use her timeouts wisely. The first half was very Yuck but even with that you could see them picking up steam and kellie and company coached them through the nerves.

I whole heartedly agree with the second two paragraphs.

As for the first paragraph, any critic of play is seen as a tirade by some.

The girls and staff did remarkably well the second half in all but the last minute which was very shaky.

The girls and staff did remarkably well the second half in all but the last minute which was very shaky.

Thanks. I don't know how long you've been a member on here or how frequent you visit but there have been some tirades about play that have been more than critiques. Not all critiques are tirades to me but when you go on and on about the negative or throw shade and then go silent if things turn around that's not being a fan of the game to me. The "critique of play" has also been linked to personal appearances or other things about the ladies which are not an actual critique of their play on the court. Also to be clear when i said "but when you" in the previous statement that wasn't for you directly but a general statement i was making.

If you visit enough you can see there are 2-3 members who are noticeably absent. So not all critiques are a tirade some are actual really good basketball analysis but just like there are two halves when any "fan" posts the negative if there is a turnaround you'd think there be a follow up post as well.

Again, thanks for your insight and Go Lady Vols!!

That's paraphrasing Aristotle, who is generally attributed as the person who said "Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man". It was, reportedly, later paraphrased by Vladimir Lenin as "Give me a child for the first 5 years of his life and he will be mine forever".
The point being that influencing children, for an extended period of time, will usually have a lifelong effect on them.
the point being the first years of their development

You need to check the tone of most of the “critic of play” posts before you dismiss the “tirade” moniker. Seriously, go back and read the first half posts. Then also note how many of those critic posters stopped posting by the fourth quarter.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
OMFG somebody pinch me !!!!!

giphy.gif

You need to check the tone of most of the “critic of play” posts before you dismiss the “tirade” moniker. Seriously, go back and read the first half posts. Then also note how many of those critic posters stopped posting by the fourth quarter.

I agree. But it goes both ways. I certainly see some tirading but I see some critiquing and some who defend CKH and damn the critiques no matter how she coaches.

First step in addiction is admitting you have a problem and it doesn’t matter which side of a neutral addiction line you are on.

Reactions: mcannon1
Ill take that too , im so proud of this team and how tough they played last night after a terrible start i could not watch the 2nd half due to nerves but i watched the ESPN play by play ticker and though omg theyre going to pull this shiii off and they did. I love Mulkeys postgame comments saying none of her players wanted "ANY PARTS OF RICKEA JACKSON ALL NIGHT" LOL

Just watched it on YouTube. Some of the best D I have seen them play this season. All the double teams on LSU were very effective when they passed the ball around and the tough play under the O boards was a plus. Liked watching it without the timeouts and halftime.

Posting too much, but even tho I am telling myself to be happy with this win, I am sure I’ll be extra b*tchy after the next game. So I just gotta revisit an unsung hero. Jordan Walker had an 0-fer yesterday and did not let it affect her. Great defense, rebounding, assists, steals, hustle for several saved balls on offense. She deserves a ton of praise cuz it’s real easy to get down when your shot doesn’t fall. I’ve been hard on her, I don’t think I’m anything I’ve said on here, but certainly in our women’s ball social circles I’ve not been kind. But, I take it all back just based on the grit yesterday!

Posting too much, but even tho I am telling myself to be happy with this win, I am sure I’ll be extra b*tchy after the next game. So I just gotta revisit an unsung hero. Jordan Walker had an 0-fer yesterday and did not let it affect her. Great defense, rebounding, assists, steals, hustle for several saved balls on offense. She deserves a ton of praise cuz it’s real easy to get down when your shot doesn’t fall. I’ve been hard on her, I don’t think I’m anything I’ve said on here, but certainly in our women’s ball social circles I’ve not been kind. But, I take it all back just based on the grit yesterday!
Coach Harper has sung the praises of Jordan W all season, echoing the very comments expressed in your post. And some of us also have shown her love. Keep it up Jordan W. GBO.

I was pulling for them yesterday, will be pulling for them today, and will be pulling for them the rest of the season. I was simply calling out that no CKH defenders showed up in the first half to defend that sloppy play. I stand by that statement and that’s fine if you want to take shots at me if you were OK with the first half play.

I'd wager that the "CKH defenders" (AKA Lady Vol fans) were too busy actually watching the game instead of wading into the cesspool that game threads become whenever things aren't going great. And "calling out" the fans who don't find any value in trashing the team with insults and jeers while the game is ongoing, even in the early stages comes across as gloating from malcontents and misogynists who are obviously wanting the team to fail.

There were about two or three brave posters (Travis & Arp) who actually dared to offer an optimistic take and kept openly supporting the team at the lowest point in the game...and they were mocked and laughed at for doing so).

No one was happy with the turnovers and poor first half play. And I'm sure that the flaws were openly discussed in many living rooms during that half. But the public nastiness toward the players and coaches sank to new levels last night and intensified.

Since we can only discuss posts, thats's all that's permitted to be said. But the first 25 pages or so of the game thread were a total embarrassment for any legitimate fan forum worthy of the name. How much worse could posts be from self-identified haters and enemies of the program?

At least Loyal Darth acknowledged before the game that this would be a benchmark game for Kellie, so his confidence in the players and staff was rewarded once again.

Last edited:
I never come on game threads until after the game because of seagull fans. Rationalize all you want but that coach and that team got it done. It was a masterful coaching job. Including out coaching a supposedly top 4 coach. I imagine our AD was duly impressed. He needs to worry about who we have leading the baseball program!
Throwing shade at CTV? Really? 😂

Lol I agree. I wouldn’t be shocked if they’re friendly IRL. Angel brining the drama to WCBB. Love it or hate it, makes people talk.

I like to see a little spicy, gets carried away sometimes, but it can be fun.

Last edited:
Lol I agree. I wouldn’t be shocked if they’re friendly IRP. Angel brining the drama to WCBB. Love it or hate it, makes people talk.

I like to see a little spicy, gets carried away sometimes, but it can be fun.
Their Moms are definitely friendly, saw a pic of them together, each in their team's gear. at the tourney. I don't mind spicy but I like how our team does it - off the court, deserved, hilarious. Giving payback where due but not directly disrespecting opponents in game on camera.

Kellie said Karo and Wynn could have their own comedy show. These two have pretty good comic timing as well. Bring back the act and perfect it next year!

Reactions: VolBall09
I have heard that, but safe to say RJ's had a bit bottled up since the Angel antics after stealing and scoring on her back in Jan.
Oh definitely. I think it was all in fun as competitors. Nothing bad between the two players.

TN had come up short all year in the big games. They finally broke through and got their signature win right before the NCAAT. There’s a lot of emotion. Hope they use that win as confidence moving into NCAAT

Oh definitely. I think it was all in fun as competitors. Nothing bad between the two players.

TN had come up short all year in the big games. They finally broke through and got their signature win right before the NCAAT. There’s a lot of emotion. Hope they use that win as confidence moving into NCAAT
All the players say it did help their confidence alot. Plus gave them a fun, memorable tourney.

Not sure if this was posted already, but this is some fine trash talking. I appreciate Angel Reese, but if you gonna trash talk when you win, you're gonna get it in spades when you lose. Rickea's impersonation of Angel's dancing is even better than the original. Academy Award goes to Striplin for her accurate finger-licking

Probably the best game Kellie has coached. She figured out LSU's weakness in the 2nd half and exploited. There's no doubt that Angel is a hard-nosed player who gets by on tremendous effort, but her skills shortcomings got exposed. If youtake her away from the basket, keep her off the glass and force her to create, she will struggle. She doesn't have the footwork, ball handling or shooting ability of Jackson, and it's not even close. She's a great player based on hustle, not skill and it was apparent in this game.

IMO the official made the correct offensive foul call on Reese in the last 12 seconds or whatever it was. She, first, threw her shoulder into Hollingshead and then cleared our player away with her left arm. It was a good call.

Found this while researching other situations in the rulebook.

h. An offensive post player is permitted to post up with his arms bent at the elbow when attempting to free himself to receive a pass. An offensive player may not use a straight arm to ward off a defender.

g) Illegal contact caused by a player hooking an opponent over or under the arm and which may lead the official to believe the contact was caused by the opponent. Depending on the nature of the contact, or the result of the contact, this foul could be considered a flagrant 2 foul;

Hook and hold not in play this time around.

One of those has to cover that situation.

VN Store

Back