Game Thread: SEC FINAL; Lady Vols Vs SOU CAR...Sunday 3PM...ESPN

Even though I know her limitations when someone stays glued to her.Darby can’t be held to zero even if she’s doing other things well you might as well try Pissott to see if you can get scoring

If there was one player who I wish saw the court in an SEC Championship game, even if for the final 45 sec's, it would have been Pissott. Another reason, IMNSHO, to change whichever assistant does the sub calling.

Reactions: Prophet1 and Lurker
For RJ not to get to the ft line at all is not good at all.

Wow, I hadn't noticed that, but it's a great point. Part of that was she settled for some 3s (though she went 3-4) and jumpers, but you can't tell me she wasn't fouled at all while shooting after she shot 9 free throws yesterday and 14 on Thursday.

I agree. Her sub rotations needs work but she doesn't have the quality depth Dawn and Geno have on their bench. Kellie should have played Edie Darby , Wynn and Miles just having the opportunity to say they played on " court " in a SEC championship game.
It wouldn't have hurt.
Edie will never be a factor here, she’s not even on scholarship and we basically took her as a favor to the family

Miles and Wynn are busts

Reactions: LVol
So, who gets named to the All Tournament team?
My guess is Boston, Cooke, Jackson, Reese and either Horston or someone fm Ole Miss, maybe Baker?
Wow, I hadn't noticed that, but it's a great point. Part of that was she settled for some 3s (though she went 3-4) and jumpers, but you can't tell me she wasn't fouled at all while shooting after she shot 9 free throws yesterday and 14 on Thursday.
Jackson got fouled alot.

Reactions: travis929
You can really see when we play these top teams that we need better guards on our team. Guards that can score points and shoot the three. If you had that and Horston and Jackson at the three and four would be so much better offensive team. Recruiting is the key to winning and making sure you don't have any weaknesses on your team. Right now our big weakness is no elite guards that can shoot the three.
Congrats to the team they played very hard in this tourney now let us see where we land in the NCAA. I think we can cause some real problems for some top seeds.
Not only shoot but create get steals and layups.

Reactions: Volfan2012
personal fouls 18 free throws tenn 10/11 personal fouls 10 south caroline free throws 20/24 vols had hard day shoting but 14 more free throws hard for any team. anyway they put up good fight. well 13 lees shots got in to big hurry. took vols made from gamecocks att 24-10 =14 still 13 nore atts gamecocks got.

Last edited:
Coaching score for LSU and SC games: CKH 10 - Nute Gunray 0

I have been critical of Kellie's coaching in the past. However, she showed me she can be an elite coach if she wants to. The LVs were exhausted from the magnificent comeback in the LSU game. The score would have been different if they had a day or two of rest.

However, she showed me she can be an elite coach if she wants to
You can't possibly believe there's ever a circumstance where Kellie does not want to be an elite coach.

Wanting to be and having the skills and available talent to actually make it happen are two very different things.

Reactions: Nute Gunray
Coaching score for LSU and SC games: CKH 10 - Nute Gunray 0

I have been critical of Kellie's coaching in the past. However, she showed me she can be an elite coach if she wants to. The LVs were exhausted from the magnificent comeback in the LSU game. The score would have been different if they had a day or two of rest.
SC is a much better team all around than UT is that’s why lost

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
Not impressed with the two new assistants who were suppose to be great recruiters.
You must be confused with the job of a recruiter.There job is to talk to recruiters and get them on campus for a visit and they did that.No recruit commits to a school because of the assistants not in wcb

Reactions: 1reVOLver
You can't possibly believe there's ever a circumstance where Kellie does not want to be an elite coach.

Wanting to be and having the skills and available talent to actually make it happen are two very different things.
Thanks glv98, I should have said, "When she is willing to knuckle down and use her wisdom, knowledge and skill to be what she wants and could be."

VN Store

Back