Game Thread: Lady Vols Vs LSU: SEC Semi; 6:30 PM on ESPNU (((WIN 69-67)

We were outnumbered by the Cajuns but the Lady Vol fan base was louder. Everyone in our group is hoarse. So many fist bumps, high fives and hugs galore from strangers and friends alike. It felt just like the championship games used to feel like. The cheerleaders couldn’t even believe it. High fives for them and the band as they left the arena. Damn, it felt good.

IMO the official made the correct offensive foul call on Reese in the last 12 seconds or whatever it was. She, first, threw her shoulder into Hollingshead and then cleared our player away with her left arm. It was a good call.

She had been using her body to displace defenders in the post a lot during the game and was getting away with it. Sometimes she would even get a foul called on the defender so it was good to see a call go the other way.

Kim Mulkey was pretty smartelic to the reporters, and didn’t take any accountability for her team’s “mental” (although she didn’t like that description) breakdowns.

Kim Trumpkey makes me
mPx8Ofg.gif

Where is Darth and Majors at? nowhere to be seen. They are an embarrassment to this forum.
That’s not true. Commented earlier that this was a good team win and a CKH got a win that matters. But hey, focus on me and not the team.

IMO the official made the correct offensive foul call on Reese in the last 12 seconds or whatever it was. She, first, threw her shoulder into Hollingshead and then cleared our player away with her left arm. It was a good call.

Definitely was a good call. Rickea got a similar call against her a few possessions before

I don’t know if it was shown on TV but there was one instance in the second half where Mulkey was complaining to Dee on a call and Dee pointed up like Mulkey always points up to the big monitor. Mulkey spun on her heel and Dee just busted out laughing. It was funny.

Last edited:
She had been using her body to displace defenders in the post a lot during the game and was getting away with it. Sometimes she would even get a foul called on the defender so it was good to see a call go the other way.

If this game was in Baton Rogue, the officials would NOT have called that last foul on Reese. They got a lot of favorable calls at home.

I have been hard on the lady Vols this season, but today the second half was a great comeback and a big win. The first half is what we got to get away from. But hey it’s all about winning the big games and today they did. No matter what tomorrow show the fight that we saw in the second half tonight. That is how to get back to how the Lady Vols are supposed to play. Congrats and keep it up players and staff. GBO!

This has to rank as one of the most incredible and improbable comeback wins in LV history. This team has done nothing all season to inspire a belief in me that they could knock off a top 20 team, let alone a top 5 team, and yet they did. After watching the Iowa men's team this past week complete the most amazing comeback in regulation that I have ever seen, I should have had more confidence in them that they could pull it off. But I didn't. They aren't the Iowa men's team. Especially with Horston's antics in the last minute, I figured they would surely find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. But they didn't. And I am so genuinely happy for them. Here's to hoping they can do it again tomorrow by knocking off #1, although I honestly believe that is asking for too much. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a decades long fan that will be cheering them on again tomorrow. GBO!

Kim Mulkey was pretty smartelic to the reporters, and didn’t take any accountability for her team’s “mental” (although she didn’t like that description) breakdowns.

As much as I loathe the scary clown, I did not find her too offensive in this postgame interview. Guess she knew she got outplayed and outworked.

For a great stroll down memory lane for anyone who has never seen it, check out the youtube video of the closing seconds of the 2008 NCAA semi-final game with the LVs and LSU. It will give you an idea of what some of us "old-timers" came to expect during the Pat Summit era.

Agree. Best zero point, 6 rebound, 6 assist game I’ve seen in years. Plus all the early efforts to break up run outs kept it from being a 20 point game at the end of the 1st[/QUO
..battle on, @mudcat1973
they not put top 4 seeds in the same brackets from the same legaue. so lsu, tenn sc will be in three different brackets . tenn will make back to back sweet sixteen.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back